Off to War - canceled

Zerith

First Post
Well, name changed (Thorkel, brownie points if you know his 'title' :p) and I might post him up without the picture, because I is lazy and drawing mail takes ages...

Anyways, I'm thinking of giving him a bloodline: Intermediate Frost Giant to name it. (would have got with major but there is none for Frost Giants >_<)
I'll probably pick up his first bloodline level at 4th level, he is coming in at level 3 so he is already at the upper end of his groups level average, don't need him rushing ahead too fast :3
So, general vote; yes or no on bloodline?

If yes, question for HM, would the skill points from human and Nymph's Kiss still accumulate during these levels and if so could the points be spent as if for the previous class?

Sugar_Silk

First Post
So you'd be half-human, half-fey... half frost giant? Come on.

How about getting a character in the game before you worry any more about advancement.

I swear to god you're just trolling.

Zerith

First Post
SS: given that I've already gotten a character to 3th level in this campaign I'm not someone who just happened by and decided to troll :/
and were do you get this half stuff? I don't recall making a half fey half giant character, making one who, in his linage far up the line, had an ancestor who was a half giant and or fey (more likely one half few and one half giant) but we're talking so far past tense that the relation is not blatant (if I end up using the giant bloodline I would increase his height a bit more, but its not like I'd make his hair/skin blue)

Also, I don't see a reason not to say what I'm planing to do in the very next level, because otherwise I could do something very gamey if I do go with a bloodline. I'm tentatively planing on taking a level(2nd) of fighter, and if I do take the bloodline he would then be getting +1 str and two feats in one level, when the +1 str rises both attack and damage it seems a bit excessive for a single level up without any drawback. added bonus, giving him the 'dead' level early would also help lessen the difference between my PC and those who are still fresh into the RP helping HM to make challenging scenarios where my character can't go hulk smash all over the place while others, who are simply lower level, aren't too hard pressed to simply stay alive.;)

I'll admit I meant to be finished by now but I get side traced way to easily ^_^;
... I need to find a flash drive that works with my scanner so I can show you the WIP ;3

FtF: Nothing, to my knowledge, is said about bloodlines, much like character classes, it only seem to restrict races/templates I could be wrong though, so I'm asking the GM and other RP players what they think.
Anyways. Got a no from you and I'll count SS's comment as the same. :)

___

Addon: Forgive the quality but I could not get the scanner to work, yet again, and instead just held it in front of my built in, lap top camera.
But here is a WIP
best part is, their is nothing over that chain shirt save for the open cloak, oh joy, I get to hand draw how many lil circles to fill it out and then make it look vaguely 3d while avoiding putting down a hard dark line in the surrounding areas that are light? :.-(
... it's taking a while...

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
What's wrong with a human barbarian with power attack and weapon focus? or a merciful human cleric who does not kill any human, but will destroy demons and undead? or a human rogue that sacrifices some skill points / a feat to get sneak attack as pathfinder's sneak attack?

My biggest gripe is you are trying to take the freedom of choice offered by HM, and running WAY too far with it.
Be a human. If he has a giant as an ancestor, great! roll play that by making him 7', bug strong guy. No templates, no bloodlines, no way to start as anything other than a human.

Zerith

First Post
[FONT=&quot]At least I'm not also holding the scissors anymore! Also, part of the character concept is he can use just about any weapon with ease, if he has dedicated himself to one weapon it means others are harder for him to use: changing from weapon to weapon without hesitation is something he likes to do, if he has a +3 to great swords only he does not want to use his other weapons anymore, dos he? He also would not want to change from it when he otherwise would. He is hard to page down and this also includes what he is fighting you with, so weapon spec/focus is a no no with his flavor :D

Anyways, as I've said before, I work better with feedback, so review time due to general consensus and present state of mind.
__

General issues being spoken here is that Fey generally seems out of place, I’m going too high fantasy (yet again!) and I should avoid using things akin to templates, like Bloodline levels.
___

Fey was a holdover from the previous character concept and a bit of a placeholder, and after the giant heritage idea bounced into my head, I got to admit, it's a bit of pointless. Yet it helped to fix his lack luster, -1, Will save so I kinda kluge to it as it patched up his most glaring weakness.
This frees up two feats(from Nymph's Kiss and Fey Heritage)

I've been kind of hesitant to ask this, given the previous race restrictions and the +1 LA, but I've been pondering the idea of making the character a Goliath in stats only (possibly changing monstrous humanoid to humanoid, but I’m also then tempted to take the Goliath barbarian rage variant, and if it’s combined with enlarge person it could lead to a huge sized PC >_<
Then again it could be ruled the two don’t stack :D )

If this is too far out there I can just use one of the two emptied feats into monkey grip and the other into iron will*, If it’s all right though I’ll take off the level of fighter for now and readjust accordingly :3
[*I would pick up power attack instead, but monkey grip is like a permanent power attack you can’t turn off that needs more expensive, heavier, weapons to basically come out behind(-2 attack for a one dice size increase in damage, there are feats that basically give you that without the hit that is like losing W.F. and G.W.F.), and his will save needs the boost :/]
Won't mind either way though, your call :3

Also, HM, I know you wanted me to make the character using L1/starting wealth, but could I barrow against whatever magic items you were going to give the character for mundane gear? (I want to up size his weapons, thus doubling their costs, give him a chain shirt, and possibly make the chain shirt M.W. ^_^; )

Anything else and your guys thoughts? :)

____

Addon: found the regional feat "Jotunbrud" from Races of Faerun, going to run it if as well if the Goliath thing dos not work out :3
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Sugar_Silk

First Post
What exactly do you mean by 'in stats only'? Just the Con and Str bonus? Or you mean you would take all the traits and abilities of the race but would just appear in the game as a human... in which case why not be a full Pit Fiend in stats only?

Also, that Jotunbrud is crazy! All the benefits of a large creature without any of the downsides?!

Characters have weaknesses. All of them. Their flaws are what make them fun and unique. Stop trying to fight it.

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
What exactly do you mean by 'in stats only'? Just the Con and Str bonus?
Given that I was commenting on changing Monstrous humanoid to humanoid, but was worried about a possible complication/cheese because I have to admit, I like the game mechanics from the Goliath's rage variant, I think its plain to see I meant the whole kit and tackle.

Or you mean you would take all the traits and abilities of the race but would just appear in the game as a human... in which case why not be a full Pit Fiend in stats only?
Because:
Full pit fiend is way outside of ECL 3.
Adds aspects that are utterly unrelated to the character.
Etc.

A Goliath's stats on the other hand just give off the feel of "big", they have higher strength and con, sounds like your average bigger character to me, and the lower Dex also makes them behave more like a large character (easier to hit). They can use a large weapon normally, again, like a large character. all in all they just feel like more weighty characters.
The mountain movement is a bit off track, but at the same time, it does not clash with anything either; I do like the idea that one aspect would make him a little harder to fool and that he is use to cold areas* fits the character nicely ;3
(*In this RP the only real chance we have for cold weather is high altitude)

But I’ve also more or less said that, while I would prefer to use a Goliath’s stats, it’s no skin off my back if HM says no.
I’m a 'bit' oblivious so, HM, if you feel iffy about it, at all, just tell me, and I’ll post up the amended, fully human, character in a short while :3
... or after I finish the description in my slow ass way ^_^;
(Not using Goliath now would be even less of an issue now that I’ve found Jotunbrud, with it and monkey grip it really helps to fill out the character’s feel of size :D)

Last edited:

Sugar_Silk

First Post
To be clear, Pit Fiend was not an actual suggestion! The picture I meant to paint was: I think it's ridiculous to choose another race and just have them 'look human'. Human stats are what make a human. If you want to make a super strong Human, he is going to be deficient in other areas. If you are that concerned with your will save, drop CHA a bit or something instead of trying to weasel in a non-human character... again.

Remember last MONTH?

BE A HUMAN! ROLL YOUR STATS AND LET'S PLAY!

That's right, almost a full month since that simple, easy to read plea. I don't understand whats so ____ing hard about this. Maybe the joke is on me? I keep taking the bait...

Zerith

First Post
I try to make the character around the concept, not the other way around, Thorkel is a battle monger, seeking out conflict for the sake of conflict is not exactly wise, meanwhile he can be compelling; people tend to give a little extra weight to the words of the the guy who makes the next tallest look positively short.
His stats are there to stay if he is rolled as human

As for making a supper strong human with deficits in some areas, kinda why I want to use Goliath stats, he would have a strength score in line with what I think he should have, namely he would be as strong as a 'stronger then average Gnoll'(IE, any Gnoll speced as a warrior or the like), and their something in his weight/size bracket. meanwhile he would have a LA that gives him other deficits. its not like he would be getting something for nothing.
You can't tell me you can look at a Goliath's stats and not think 'large':uhoh:

Anyways, I'm leaving it in HM's cort, game play wise he would basically be simply larger in ever respect, he still will be as a 'pure' human but then we would have to find a RP reason why he and Pius would be nearly as strong when Thorkel is not raging :/

Also, if there is a joke, it is most certainly on me...

Remove ads