Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

wysiwyg

First Post
Shorty
Let me give a formal appology. I didn't mean to be offensive in any way. I'm sorry it came across like that. You can take that rolled newspaper and spank me - woof.:D

Holyman
I am going to change the weapons to Greek weapons (you know, short sword, dagger, hand axe, spear (long & short), sling, shortbow, quarterstaff, any more?).
I just found out about the downside of the monk - starting money = 12.5 gp. I cannot even afford a backpack or a money pouch (which is OK caus I've only got 7sp left after buying my meager items). My few coins are hidden in my blanket.
I've changed the character, so please read.
After reading my background, are there any standard items the army gives (weapons/armor/backpack/rations/etc) that I can include in my inventory? What do they pay soldiers of our rank? I would recommend maybe 3sp/day/level. That's about 9gp per month for 1st level characters.

Walking Dad
Please read Holyman's post regarding what you can swap and gain. And create a monk/ranger PC based on that. I think Holyman would agree as it's his idea in the first place.

wysiwyg

First Post
Walking Dad

Why not make a ranger subtype (like you originally did) and apply Holyman's options. You have 3 abilities that you could exchange for any of the following:

1) An approved feat (something that fits the concept )
2) Choose one:
a) switch one class skill for a cross-class skill
b) +1 to damage (with one weapon)
c) +1 to parry bonus (effects AC & Touch but not Flat Footed)
d) Reduce ACP by 1
e) +1 to one save
f) +1 skill rank in a class or cross-class skill
g) +1 HP
h) One extra spell that can be cast at highest level
i) +1 caster level for determining save DCs

This gives you quite a bit of versatility. You can drop favorite enemy and wild empathy and gain +1 damage with spear, +1 AC (parry), and keep track (or replace it as well).

wysiwyg

First Post
I'm still hanging on the concept of no armor, but a shield...

Using our system below, you can exchange your light armor proficiency and get a further +1 to your AC. If you trade your tracking ability as well, that's another +1 to your AC. So in total:

Exchange: light armor, tracking, wild empathy for +3 parry bonus.
Exchange: favorite enemy for +1 damage with long spear.

You already have a proficiency with a shield.
You can have an AC of: 10 + 2(shield) +3 (parry) + dex at first level.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As HolyMan said :)

About choosing the special damage weapon: The longspear would give reach, so this would maybe require an extra feat.

but for the other weapons, there is a 3.5 feat in the player's handbook 2, Versatile Strike, that let's you change your unarmed damage type to slashing or piercing at will. Say he the class gives up to abilities for the equivalent of 2 feats?

Is that suppose to say the class gives up two abilites for for the equivalent of 2 feats?

You could give up an ability to gain an ability (and we know the monk has plenty of those) I think you should somehow take the combat stlye: spear and shield concept at 2nd lvl monk you could give up the bonus feat,evasion, or fast movement. If you do give up an ability then at later lvls you would probably have to retake the early ability first (i.e. give up evasion at 2nd lvl you can't get improved evasionat 9th you just get evasion)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To wysiwyg: have checked over Athos and added him to the Roll Call

gave you +20xp for the background/journal very kool

the only things I see in the sheet are short sword damage should be (1d6+3) and spear melee should be added

In the abilities section make note unarmed damaged changed from unarmed strike to short sword or did you not do that??

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To shorty:

It wouldn't let me repost the Form but... I started the character changed the name and all you need to do is fill in the blanks

Attachments

• Linky.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 81

wysiwyg

First Post
To wysiwyg: have checked over Athos and added him to the Roll Call

gave you +20xp for the background/journal very kool

the only things I see in the sheet are short sword damage should be (1d6+3) and spear melee should be added

In the abilities section make note unarmed damaged changed from unarmed strike to short sword or did you not do that??

I think I did. Let me check.

BTW, maybe let WD choose his own feats for his Ranger's combat style (if he chooses the ranger route). It will make him happy, and won't disturb the holy game balance.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
can you be quiet I don't think I'd like it so keep on keepin' on lol

I think the Combat Style ability I'm going to expand further different styles but that is for another day. I think WD knows what he wants, just trying to get us to understand has been the problem. I have an IC thread to get ready-- HolyMan haven' fun all day long;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Posting to Myth and Legend: Think we can us your doublepost in the RG to post NPC info let me know if that's o.k. with you.

Remove ads