On warning points...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We don’t have a master list we look at for who has lots of warning points.

However, if you attract the attention of a moderator, and we look at your account and there’s like 10 warnings there... let’s just say that if you have a lot of warnings, your best strategy is to try not to create situations where a moderator will look at your account and notice that fact.

Two people today clearly felt that having lots of warnings meant we didn’t mean it. Two people today won’t be around here any more.

I hope that’s clear. Because I really hate banning people. It upsets me. I try hard not to, but when I’ve tried not to 10 times (or 14 times in the case of one person today)....

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Do warning points "expire"?
If somebody trips over a ru!e, gets warned, cleans up their act and stays clean, is there some time (or time frame) in the future when that point(s) come off their record?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do warning points "expire"?
If somebody trips over a ru!e, gets warned, cleans up their act and stays clean, is there some time (or time frame) in the future when that point(s) come off their record?
No. We like information, not the absence of information. We see no reason to delete information about a user's behaviour when making decisions.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
No. We like information, not the absence of information. We see no reason to delete information about a user's behaviour when making decisions.

Is there some reason the system SAYS they expire then? It's right there, right side, the "Expiry" date.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe the points expire but the warning persists. I know I’ve got a warning on the list while my points are 0.

We have a record of "active" warning points that haven't expired, and of all warnings given over time, and when they were given. And links to the posts that earned the warning....

Morrus prefer to work with the total warnings given over all time.

Remove ads