One song that made you feel something.

R_J_K75

Legend
Sad. I like AC/DC probably more than the next person but its time for them to hang it up I think. Sometime bands just keep going and it only serves to tarnish their legacy, and I think this is one of those times. I saw them in 1990 for the Razors Edge and they were awesome. Saw them again in 2009 and they were so horrible we left after maybe 8 songs, this video is even worse. Brian Johnson was never a great singer but admittedly a great replacement for Bon Scott, but he's really struggling these days it seems. This is from the Power Trip festival last weekend I believe it was.

Zardnaar

Legend
With some songs used in movies and TV it's hard to separate the impact of the song itself from what's happening on-screen, especially in memory (Circle of Life from The Lion King had me in tears during the opening minutes of the film) but I think this one stands well enough on its own.

That's a good one. No personal connection for me but others I know mention it.

nerfherder

Explorer
I think this one captures the hurt, confusion, and frustration of being a teenager while managing to be euphoric at the same time. It's a helluva piece of songwriting:

Of recent music, I was also going to post this. I grew up a couple of miles away from him (the beach in the video is the Eastern boundary of my home village), and he is something of a local hero (he still lives here, and is involved with local charities).

A colleague was a massive fan, and was fortunate enough to see him perform at St James Park in June. Sadly, he passed away three months later, and the opening music at his funeral last month was the acoustic version of Seventeen Going Under with Holly Humberstone. The opening three lines were gut-wrenching
I remember the sickness was forever
I remember snuff videos
Cold Septembers, the distances we covered

Last edited:

Clint_L

Hero
Of recent music, I was also going to post this. I grew up a couple of miles away from him (the beach in the video is the Eastern boundary of my home village), and he is something of a local hero (he still lives here, and is involved with local charities).

A colleague was a massive fan, and was fortunate enough to see him perform at St James Park in June. Sadly, he passed away three months later, and the opening music at his funeral last month was the acoustic version of Seventeen Going Under with Holly Humberstone. The opening three lines were gut-wrenching

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague. This is a lovely version of the song. I feel lucky to have discovered Fender, as an old guy living way over here on Canada's west coast. I do a "song of the day" for homeform about once per week, with the idea of sharing songs from all different eras (mostly post-1950) and so I'm always on the lookout for good stuff, and I caught his set while watching coverage of Glastonbury last summer. He was spectacular; the crowd pop for "Seventeen Going Under" was incredible.

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
Pride and Fear is what I feel when listening to this song. .Artist is from….You guessed it…Im from Buffalo, this one just popped up on my youtube feed and ILMAO. Two lines, “Your Subway only goes in a straight line” and the whole sports breakdown in the 2nd verse. “Go to 4 Superbowls cant even win one”. Back to your regularly scheduled programming”

Remove ads