[OOC] 15th Level - Dragon Mountain

Snowtiger

First Post
Snowtiger said:
I would like to play in this module. But I know nothing about Dragon Mountain on which to base a character concept. Could you give an "executive summary" of the module? :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the summary! I would like to play a multiclass character, non-spellcasting/spellcasting (not sure which classes yet, there are *so* many).

Sounds like a well-balanced party is critical to success.

Someone

Adventurer
Snowtiger said:

Thanks for the summary! I would like to play a multiclass character, non-spellcasting/spellcasting (not sure which classes yet, there are *so* many).

Sounds like a well-balanced party is critical to success.

I was thinking more or less the same, maybe give the Spellsword a try. Everyone says that´s an awful prestige class, but don´t sound so bad to me.

Snowtiger

First Post
Someone said:

I was thinking more or less the same, maybe give the Spellsword a try. Everyone says that´s an awful prestige class, but don´t sound so bad to me.
Interesting.. where is it described, bookwise?

GoldenEagle

First Post
I only have the core books and I have access to some of the splat books, so I will need to okay anything else. I like the dwarven defender. I think 4 characters will be necessary, maybe more.

Post your characters and questions in this thread and i'll start to review them. I hope to start soon.

GE

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Tome & Blood is correct. I happen to like the class myself, but there's a lot of people that don't. The trick is that the spellsword is primarily a support-type character; they'll never be as good at melee as a straight fighter or as good at magic as wizards. But they're good at helping out either one.

I'm sensing a lot of spellcasters here, so I'll probably avoid that route (unless we need a priest). Combat or rogue character is what I'm thinking, possibly monk.

Hm. Will we be using psionics?

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
I am not real familiar with psionics enough to play at this level. Sorry:(

Byron's Ghost - Spell Sword
Snowtiger
Sollir - Diviner
Sir Osis - Dwarven Defender
Someone - Spell Sword
Rino - Rogue
Calim - Spellcaster
Jemal - Arcane Archer
Shaff - Fighter Archer

Let's get the character's concepts worked out. If any one else is interested, please post so I can see what people want to play.

GE

Last edited:

I like the dwarven defender

Awsome, i've always wanted to play one.

One more thing, i want to run two feats by you. Thier from hero's of high favor: dwarves.

Blood of kings
[general,dwarf]
You can legitimatly claim direct decendance from the great dwarven kings of old

Benefit: when dealing dirctly with other dwarves, you gain a +2 bonus to all bluff, diplomacy, gather info, intimadate , and sense motive checks

Special: this feat can normally only be chosen at first level; however with your dm's permission, the unfolding events in your campaign may allow you to take it for an estabished character.

and,

Hammer Mastery
[general,fighter]

Your continued studies of your chosen weapon extends to the use of other, similar weapons

Prerequesits: Weapon focus(ant hammere), Weapon Spec. (any hammer)

Benefit: You receive a +1 bonus to attack with all hammers with which you are proficient. This bonus stacks with ant bonus you already have from weapon focus with your primary weapon.

Someone

Adventurer
Character concept; I think I´ll go for a half elf spellsword called Telustiel.

Short background: A half elf, son of a elven hero and the daughter of a noble who didn´t appoved the relationship between them. She fled with and married the elf, but years passed and she became old, and the "hero" bored.

She and her son were forced to leave, and Telustiel to work in the militia and as a caravan guard, with a burning desire for revenge. With some military training, his elven heritage made easy to him to start training in magic and blend it with swordplay. Telustiel soon became an adventurer while trying to find every opportunity to learn and improve his skills.

So, when he felt he was reeady, he challenged his father... and got his ass kicked. Badly. Determined not to allow that happen again, he continues to train, to challenge himself: the Dragon Mountain sounds promising...

Mechanically: It would be a Ftr 2 /Wiz 5/ Spellsword 8, constructed towards combat spells, fancy combat manoeuvres and (as Byron´s Ghost says) support roles. Emphasis in not being hit... and not becoming a one trick pony.

I can post the benefits of the Spellsword class if you need it for ease of reference.

Last edited:

Remove ads