OOC 3.5 Savage Tide

bedford

First Post
I would like to play a half ogre, ogre or werebear if any of those races are ok. So I think we should start with some levels at least.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I will ret-con my previous decision and go with all 3.5 material, the stuff I don't have I can get access to fairly easily.

races are fine, The path will be set in northern Chult, a map can be found here you will be starting in Tashluta, if you want to start in the mid-level range (11th level or so) or high (15-16ish) I can let you know as well. you can start anywhere from 1-17 without losing most of the adventure stuff and going into the wrap up. and if you want to just do the wrap up that's fine with me to, it's all up to you.

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
You'll probably lose me if you start anywhere beyond level 1. Building a character from the very beginning and watching them grow is kind of my schtick. ;)

I also rather liked the idea of limiting it to SRD + FR only, but that's just me. :D

That said...

Ability Scores: Point Buy? If so, how many points?
Starting Gold: Max? Average? Somewhere in between?
House Rules: Are there any?

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
30 point buy (tough path at the start) max gold, I like the idea of a low magic setting, but it's possible that won't work out, so if you guys want to buy potions and stuff that's ok, my only house rule is that XP is awarded after a string of encounters.

HandofMystra

First Post
I am interested. A savage tide turns a island into Reavers. Demogorgon is at the heart of it? I would like to play a messianc cleric of a sea god (what campaign setting did you want? The default is Oerth. Thus Procan). He has had a divine revelation that the sea god has a loving embrace and is not to be feared. The savage tide is an abomination to him. He has a quirk (stolen from a song of Ice and Fire), to show people the power of the sea he will take a supplicant and "drown them" and then "bring them back to life" by the "kiss of the sea god" (i.e. mouth to mouth resuscitation). I have some ideas of how the Kiss of the Sea God would work in 3.5 mechanics.

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I'm thinking a half-elven or elven wizard/rogue based loosely on the Collector kit from the AD&D 2nd Edition Complete Book of Elves (in concept, not mechanics). Basically an Indiana Jones type with a keen interest in exploration and discovery, coupled with a desire to make sure artifacts of historical, cultural or magical significance end up in the right place or at least stay out of the wrong hands..."This belongs in a museum!"

bedford

First Post
I think we should decide on what level we will be starting on as soon as possible so we can get started on our characters. My sugestion is lvl 12.

Remove ads