OOC 3.5 Savage Tide

Myth and Legend

First Post
All sourcebooks and lvl 12? I AM DEFINITELY IN!! I'm at work right now, we just launched our new website and I'm totally busy but expect a concept from me soon.

Umm since you allowed all books (Savage Species included), can we play stuff like Vampires, Liches etc.?

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Savage Tide is a lvl 1-20 Adventure Path

Yes, but we don't HAVE to play all the levels, we are more likely to get to the higher levels if we start out high and get higher than if we start at fist and have to climb up to 20. If I start with lightless depths I can give them the backdrop from Dragon 359 for the first 5 adventures, which I will as soon as we are officially decided.

Myth and Legend

First Post
OK so in order for us to start putting our sheets together, i propose you edint your inital post and just have everything needed for char creation there:

- Books
- Ability scores
- Character Level
- Gold
- HP per level

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I edited the first post to include aforementioned information, here are the backgrounds from each adventure.

There Is No Honor:
This all started long ago, when Lavinia entreated you to help secure access to her family vault then asked for your help with her missing brother, Vanthus. You found him at Parrot Island, where he trapped you in the tunnels below. You escaped from them and found the Lotus Dragon guild just about ready to take over Sasserine (main city) sea trade. Alas, Vanthus escaped, but not for long.

The Bullywug Gambit:
You sought out Kraken's Cove, a location mentioned in the documents found in the Lotus Dragon guildhall; the place was in chaos, with flesh eating pirates and many deadly creatures running loose. Fighting off diseased and enraged beasts took valuable time, but you wound your way through the caverns to encounter Captain Harliss Javell. She told you she sent her first mate and bullywug conscripts to Sasserine for revenge against Vanthus. The race was on, back to save the city during a festival celebrating the victory over Kyuss. you dodged assassin stilt walkers and saved Lavinia from the bullywugs and their allies.

The Sea Wyvern's Wake:
After a bit of rest, a thankful Lavinia had more work for you. it was time to set sail on the Sea Wyvern and transport a vital supply shipment to Farshore on the Isle of Dread. After a stop at ruined Tamoachan, you ran a red wizard blockade and found an old enemy stowed away. In the middle of a Sargasso sea, you found and defeated a seaweed-dwelling monstrosity, but your ship was caught by a storm, wrecking on the northern shore of the Isle of Dread,

Here There Be Monsters:
With the Sea Wyvern no longer sea worthy, the only option was a trek through the jungle, meeting Dinosaurs and terror birds while taking the surviving passengers and crew along to safety. On the far side of the mountain range, a band of gargoyles repeatedly attacked. One of your allies was abducted by a large bar-lgura demon deep in the island interior. Following his abductor into a shrine to the Prince of Demons, Demegorgon, and a battle against the bar-lgura and his brood of vile followers.

Tides of Dread:
With the Demons at the shrine defeated, you arrived in Farshore just in time to see it attacked by pirates. You helped the defenders and were reunited with Lavinia Vanderboren. The pirates were just scouts, though, and you discovered that the Crimson fleet was coming to pillage and raze Farshore. You helped to prepare the colonies defenses, forging alliances with the natives, fighting dinosaurs, recovering and making repairs to the Sea Wyvern, and defeating an aspect of an Olman god. When the Crimson Fleet hove into view, you crossed swords with Lavinia's corrupted brother Vanthus and defeated him.

The next adventure to come is The Lightless Depths, if you have any questions as to details on what happened in the previous installments just ask and I will tell you.

Myth and Legend

First Post
So the party know each other. This requries more extensive backgrounds and pre-established relationships right? I love me some fancy RPing :)

Girl characters - YOU GUYS ALWAYS CREATE MALE CHARS! Then i (since i like balancing out) make female characters, and then someone ends up telling me i can only RP females :p

Gandalf: I'm toying with several ideas, one being a Vampire (Cleric or Bard or anything in between, with those nice ability scores), one being a Fighter/Crusader (from TOB) etc. And one being a Wizard/Incantatrix + other stuff. Probably a Conjurer with Abrupt Jaunt to boot. This last character however is said to be very freaking unbalanced. I haven't played a high-powered Wizard before (my modest resume includes: one blaster with blasting PrCs who ran out of steam in a lvl 20 campaign and another wizard/warrior Gish type char only). Any comments on that choice of character?

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
M&L: A wizard would be of some help in the coming adventures, but so would an up-front tough fighter as well, a wizard would probably be a little harder to play for someone new but it could fill a good role in the party, up to you.

Remove ads