D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, going with my druid. Making a Moon Druid who can cover melee tanking as well as divine spellcasting and healing. Possible background ties to our barbarian?

hafrogman

Adventurer
Possible background ties to our barbarian?
Certainly if you like. With the hermit background and elven lifespans, it was either quite a long time ago or much more recent (shared guild adventures, etc.) Feel free to write me into your background as desired and I'll build around it if needed.

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. Wood elf druid?

HMMM.

That is not a terrible combo. Let me crunch.

Speaking of crunch, if you put that 16 in Wis into Con, you'd not only have 35HP, but an AC of 17. :)

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Speaking of crunch, if you put that 16 in Wis into Con, you'd not only have 35HP, but an AC of 17. :)
Oh believe me, I know. :) I keep forgetting that the barbarian starting package contains no armor options at all. Someday I shall pick up a shield at least. But by the time I'd gotten to equipment, I'd decided I liked the stats where they were.

For an elf who has spent several years (decades?) living on a barren mountain top, searching for universal truth with a crazy old man, high wisdom - low constitution just feels right. I'm certain an argument could be made that being foolish enough to do the above and yet surviving implies just what you're suggesting though.

Ultimately, with the stat array provided means I don't really have to worry about any "dump stat" but I still wanted to spread them out a little non-traditionally so that I have a few more options available past 'Barbarian SMASH'.

Shayuri

First Post
Hafrogman, gotcha. I applaud your commitment to your concept! :)

And sheet!

Still fluffing out background, but the basic concept is: A wild elf, bitten by a werecreature, flees community to protect them and learns to control the curse of lycanthropy via the druidic arts. Becomes a bounty hunter; a hunter of men, hoping one day to find the creature who bit her and use its blood in a rite to cleanse her of the curse once and for all.

[sblock]Aridha
Neutral Wood Elf Druid of the Moon 3

Str 14
Dex 20
Con 16
Int 13
Wis 18
Cha 15

HP 26
AC 17 (10 + 5 dex +1 leather + 1 shield)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +5

Race
Wood Elf
+2 dex, +1 wis
Darkvision
Weapon Training (long/shortsword, long/shortbow)
Keen senses (trained in Perception)
Adv vs Charm, immune to magic sleep
Trance (4 hrs rest)
Fleet of Foot: base speed 35'
Mask of the Wild: Can hide with only light obscurement in natural environment

Class
Druid
Druidic Language
Spellcasting
Wildshape (CR 1, no fly/swim), 2x any rest
Circle of the Moon

Proficiencies
Armor: Light, Medium, shields (only nonmetal armor)
Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, jevelins, maces, staves, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Saves: Intelligence and Wisdom

Background
Outlander
Skills: Athletics and Survival
Tools: Any one musical instrument (Panflute)
Bonus Language
Origin: Bounty Hunter
Feature: Wanderer (excellent memory for maps and geography, can find food and water for group)

Skills
Athletics +4
Perception +6
Survival +6
Nature +4
Insight +6

Languages
Common, Elf, Druidic, Sylvan

Spellcasting (Save DC 13)
Slots 1 - 4, 2 - 2
Cantrips
- Guidence
- Thorn Whip
Prepared
1 - Cure Wounds, Entangle, Faerie Fire
2 - Enhance Ability, Hold Person, Moonbeam, Spike Growth

Equipment
Cash: 10gp

Weapons
Scimitar, +7 atk, 1d6+5 slash dmg
Staff, +4 atk, 1d6+2 blud dmg

Armor
Leather armor
Wooden shield

Gear
Skull totem (spellcasting focus)
Explorer's pack
Hunting Trap
A single caltrop, made from bone[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
There's a spell called moonbeam? Learn something new every day.

Alright, we have a lot of stuff in order it seems. I'll start working on an opening IC post tonight into tomorrow probably.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Here's my completed character. I made him a half elf instead of a human, and I'm hoping that [MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION] won't cast darkness all the time in melee (or maybe that's why his character is evil) ;-)

My character's role will be an archer type blaster with some battlefield control capabilities through at-will illusions and other magic tricks.

[sblock]
Name: Thaliss Eviastarim
Sex: Male
Race: Half elf
Class/Level: Sorcerer 1/warlock 2
Alignment: Neutral
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Human, elf)
Init: +4
Senses: Darkvision (60 ft.)
Passive Perception: 15

DEFENSE
AC: 17 (+3 draconic resilience, +4 dex)
HP: 32 (sor: 1d6 +3 con +1 draconic resilience, warlock: 2d8+3+3)
Saves: Constitution & Charisma
Special Defenses: Fey Ancestry: advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Dagger +6 Attack, 1d4+4 Piercing
Special Attacks: Spells & invocations
known: 6 cantrips, 5 level 1 spells (2 sorceror, 3 warlock).
level 1 slots: 2 sorceror, 2 warlock.

(0) minor illusion SM (A bit of fleece) up to 1 min duration, 30 ft range. note no concentration.
(0) mage hand VS, 1 min duration, 30 ft range, spectral hand appears, use action to control it, 10 lb limit, can move the hand 30 ft when using it.
(0) shocking grasp VS touch 1d8 electricity, advantage if metal armor, no reactions till start of next turn
(0) prestigitation VS, up to 1h duration, 10 ft range. note no concentration.

(0) Frostbite VS, 60ft, con save or target takes 1d6 con damage and has disadvantage on the next weapon attack roll before the end of its next turn
(0) eldrich blast: VS 120 ft range, 1d10+5 damage

(1) shield VS 1 reaction when hit, 1 round duration, +5 to AC
(1) sleep VSM (a pinch of fine sand, rose petals or a cricket), 90 ft range, 1 min duration 5d8 hp of creatures within 20ft radius +2d8hp per slot above 1st

(1) Hex VSM (petrified eye of a newt) concentration, up to 1h. until the spell ends, deal additional 1d6 necrotic damage when hit target with an attack. Also target has disadvantage on ability checks of 1 ability. If target drops to 0 hp before end of spell, use a bonus action to curse new creature.
(1) Arms of Hadar VS 10 ft radius range centered on caster, all creatures save for str or take 2d6 necrotic damage and can't take reactions until next turn. 1/2 damage only on save.
(1) Dissonant whispers V, 60 ft range one creature that can hear, 3d6 psychic damage and must immediately use its reaction, if available, to move aways from you. Wis save for half damage and no move.

Invocations known: Misty visions (Silent Image at will with no components), agonizing blast (add +cha damage to EB)
[sblock=silent_image]Silent image: VS, concentration up to 10 minutes, 60 ft range. 15 ft cube purely visual image. use action to move image within range.

Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, be cause things can pass through it.
A creature that uses its action to examine the image can determine that it is an illusion with a su ccessful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC.
If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the creature can se e through the image.[/sblock]

STATISTICS
Str 13 (+1), Dex 18 (+4) , Con 16 (+3), Int 14 (+2), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 20 (+5)
base array: 18,17,16,15,14,13

SKILLS Proficiencies in bold: 2 half elf, 2 Sorcerer, 2 noble background: history & persuation
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+4 (dex) Acrobatics
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
+2 (int) Arcana
+1 (str) Athletics
+7 (cha) Deception - from sorcerer
+4 (int) History - from Noble
+3 (wis) Insight
+7 (cha) Intimidation - from sorcerer
+2 (int) Investigation
+3 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+5 (wis) Perception - From half elf
+5 (cha) Performance
+7 (cha) Persuasion - From Noble
+2 (int) Religion
+4 (dex) Sleight of Hand - From half elf
+4 (dex) Stealth
+3 (wis) Survival

Languages:Common, Elvish, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan, Draconic

RACE FEATURES
Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light
Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep
Skill Versatility: proficient in two skills of your choice
Languages: Common, Elven, +1 additional (Goblin)

BACKGROUND FEATURES Noble & sage hybrid
Feature: Position of privilege As noble
Skill Proficiencies: History, persuation
Tool Proficiencies: None
Language: 2 extra language (Orc, Sylvan)

CLASS FEATURES - Sorcerer
- Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 14. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +6.
- Draconic Ancestry: You can speak, read, and write Draconic. Whenever you make a Charisma check when interacting with dragons, your proficiency bonus is doubled if it applies to the check.
- Draconic Resilience: +1 HP per sorcerer level, AC 13 + dex when not wearing armor

CLASS FEATURES - Warlock
- Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 14. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +6.
- Otherworldly patron: great old one 30ft telepathy
- Eldritch Invocations: 2 Misty visions, agonizing blast

Proficiencies Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows

Gear:
A set of fine clothes
Signet ring
Scroll of pedigree
purse containing 25 gp
component pouch (exchanged light crossbow for this, same price)
Two dagger

Arcane focus (Wand), holstered on belt
Arcane focus (staff) - substracted 5gp from starting gold
Dungeoneer`s pack

Money: 20 gp

Physical Appearance:
Thaliss Eviastarim is a thin human of boyish apearance, 5 feet tall, and weighs 140 pounds. He has pale skin, brown eyes and dark brown hair. He is 19 years old.

Backstory:
Thaliss Eviastarim never knew his elven father, as he died in battle before he was born, and his human mother died when his sorcerous powers started manifesting as a toddler. He later learned that he was responsible for her death, shock-grasping her during a toddler's tantrum. This is a reality that he has difficulty facing, even today. The union between his father and mother had been out of love as well as utility, uniting the two houses, now being led by Thaliss' elven uncke Athael Eviastarim, who adopted and raised him.

From a young age, Thaliss showed himself to be a natural prodigy with magic. Indeed, Thaliss was an extremely gifted boy, amazing his private tutors and learning his first spells several years before the age most who study magic do. He had a comfortable childhood, being of noble blood, and had the best magical mentors available. However, this relatively simple life didn’t satisfy him, and he had a darker yearning deep within him. His elven mentors saw this craving for power as an unhealthy human influence, and did not nurture it. However, one night when he was 17, still a child according to elven standards, he decided to leave his family in order to satisfy his yearning, and travelled the lands with a caravan of merchants and minstrels.

About a year ago, his caravan was attacked by small black creatures about half the size of gnomes. He was knocked out, and when he awoke, not only was he the sole survivor, but a black book was left in front of him. He studied the ancient tome, and once he finished, it disintegrated, and so did part of him: he had been changed forever.

He quickly joined The Adventuring Guild, to nurture his newly found powers, and effortlessly grew in ability to reach the silver ranks.

He has recently joined a mercenary company out of Rivengard Keep that had been recruiting all capable adventurers in the land to help route out bandits and highwaymen that have been plaguing travelers and trade.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
I don't think I'll rely on that tactic too much, given the two spell slots and the problems it causes for other party members. Probably use Armor of Agathys and Hex mostly. I think I'll end up being more of a melee harrier, picking off mooks, so the Darkness thing could work for that potentially well.

Note to self: Create e-summaries of Warlock powers/spells/invocations so I can post when AFB.

ETA: Are we getting Max HP? I was assuming the standard Max at 1st, then 1/2+1 for the following levels.

Shayuri

First Post
There's a spell called moonbeam?

Yep! It's not bad either, especially if you can pin an enemy down.

And if you're hunting weres, it's pretty sweet. :)

Forged Fury

First Post
Hmm... may do the unthinkable for a warlock and ditch Eldritch Blast for greater differentiation. Kind of like Create Bonfire. It's like a minor Wall of Fire for a 5' corridor. I'll put the finishing touches on Damien tonight when I have access to my books.

Remove ads