• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Adventures in Middle Earth: Over the Edge of the Wild

RyraK

First Post
Real quick question: I was looking over my character sheet to put it down on paper and realized that I had kept gardener's tools (from my first draft) rather than weaver's tools. Can I go ahead and change this quick-like since we're still in the intro stage? Also, how do known lands work?

Last edited:

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
Yes, of course you can swap the tools. No problems.

I'll say you can take any easily definable region or kingdom as a known land. Like Mirkwood, Rohan, the Dale Lands, the Lone Lands, etc. But not like, Eriador or Rhovanian. Too big.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Here's another question for you, boss:

Foreknowledge...

Does The Dreamer have an awareness/anticipation of meeting the party? I get the feeling his dream has hinted at heading to Lake-town and quite possibly the others' faces may have appeared? Like, it's fate, type idea.

Just wondering for IC RP purposes, like the ability to make gnostic comments along the lines of "Ah, we're all here now" or "Good to put a name to a face" or such and so...

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
I'll say, for now, that the recurring verses in your recurring dream have added a verse about "roots and beginnings on a great lake" last night. You feel something important will happen around here, but dreams are frustratingly vague...

On that note, any of you all can ask to invoke your Background trait at any time. Doesn't mean I won't do it for myself, but these things are "always on," so to speak. So feel free to ask as often as you want.

Except for the Oathsworn background. I'll handle that myself, since it's mostly about how NPCs will react to Thorondir, @RonanS (But I won't let you down, I promise :p )

RyraK

First Post
Ok, thanks. I was wondering cuz looking at the map, there are areas like "Trollshaws" and didn't know if those were the "Known Lands" or what. I'll get those up asap.

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
[MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION] Hey, do you know where our Ranger friend is? I didn't want to press on without him, but he hasn't posted in a few days...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Remove ads