• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Aundair's Sorrow (Closed)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
FX, Question for you:

[Sblock]I was assuming the comment above about shifting skill points around on account of the free feat was because of the necessary Gather Info check. This is very appealing to me on account of the fact that Tullia is heading for the Bloodhound PrC with your approval.

However, I can't put more ranks into Gather Info without spending them as cross-class ranks because my rogue level is not very high and Gather Info is not a ranger skill. Originally I hadn't built Tullia as an urban ranger-type, but with the free feat I am taking that as a hint that she might need to be.

Any advice would be welcomed.[/Sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Nonlethal Force[Sblock]You are right in your assumption about Gather Information.

A very important thing to remember - one of my house rules which I think you will like is
Once a class skill always a class skill. So adjust away and Blood hound is fine! Upon looking at the threads I see that I did not restate this with the new threads (corrected) and only mentioned way back with the original starter thread.

After thinking about it I am not overly concerned about which skills are taken when just make sure that your skill points add up and they are all class skill somewhere, and, of course, be reasonable. ;) So get some!

I am defintely not says that you need to be more urban oriented. It is just another option to help your character to be more of what she wants to be. :D
[/Sblock]

Fenris[sblock]I do understand I feel the same way. Life is too short to walk around being vulnerable to sneak attacks. The world is too full of rogues and Dms that want to kil.. ummm... it's a dangerous place. :uhoh: :eek:[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
FX:

[Sblock]Thanks for your quick reply! I had noticed the "once a class skill always a class skill" rule was crossed out in the first page of this thread. But if that is back in play, then I think I will play with my skillpoints. Here's the new set I propose:

Gather Information: +5 [0(CHA)+5(ranks)]
Hide: +10 [4(DEX)+6(ranks)]
Knowledge(Dungeoneering): +7 [2(INT)+5(ranks)]
Knowledge(Geography): +7 [2(INT)+5(ranks)]
Knowledge(Nature): +9 [2(INT)+5(ranks)+2(Synergy:Survival)]
Listen: +8 [2(WIS)+6(ranks)]
Move Silently: +10 [4(DEX)+6(ranks)]
Spot: +8 [2(WIS)+6(ranks)]
Survival: +10 [2(WIS)+6(ranks)+2(Synergy:Knowledge{nature})]
Use Rope: +10 [4(DEX)+6(ranks)]

This list reflects a lowering of each of my skill points in my 3 knowledge areas by one point and giving those 3 skillpoints to Gather Information. None of the other skills were changed.

That will set me up nicely for having a bloodhound who gets 9 SP per level. 7 will go into keeping the following skills maxed: Gather Info, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival, Use Rope. The other 2 SP will be spread among the knowledge skills to keep them up ... or else any other skill the character might need.

Of course, I need another level of ranger so that I can pick up the Endurance feat before going into Bloodhound. That leaves on more level I would need ... and I plan on taking another level of rogue before hitting bloodhound (evasion would be nice to have, much nicer than the animal companion I'd get from a 4th level of ranger instead). That extra level of rogue will give me 2 extra skillpoints, which will catch my Gather Information skill up to full.

Assuming this looks okay, I'll change it in the RG thread to make it official.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Ferrix[sblock]I have a little something started for you in the IC thread that may want to read. Let me know waht you think so far.

Also, I need the name of your favorite person at Wynarn (whether a professor or not), and what they taught you. What was your favorite class and why.[/sblock]

Remove ads