[IC] The Hunters (of Aundair's Sorrow) [Closed]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Constable Fierstram smile confidently and nods in confirmation. "Very well. Good luck to both of you. If there is anything that I can do to assist you just let me know." She calls one of the other constables over and she discusses with him where to take the ledger and map to. Shortly thereafter two constables leave to deliver their evidence to the appropriate detectives as you take your leave for shopping.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As they leave, Tullia asks, "Is the offer for the capture of Garrick still worth the price of the wolves should we come upon him?" Once she receives her answer and Boarhide is ready, she departs.

Outside the office, Tullia adds, "Well, Boarhide. Anything in particular you feel the urge to purchase before we take to our horses and head out once more?"

FreeXenon

Constable Fierstram smiles widely as she says "The reward for Garrick still stands at 2000gp. I have no doubt that I will be seeing him dead or alive in your hands not too far in the future." and then goes back to her constable duties.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:
As they leave, Tullia asks, "Is the offer for the capture of Garrick still worth the price of the wolves should we come upon him?" Once she receives her answer and Boarhide is ready, she departs.

Outside the office, Tullia adds, "Well, Boarhide. Anything in particular you feel the urge to purchase before we take to our horses and head out once more?"

Boarhide ponders a bit "More arrows, some magic potions such as the ones we found that healed you, and if we can, a bow that does not feel as if it will snap as a twig in a spring wind when I pull it."

"And maybe a hearty meal with a few pints of mead" he adds with a smile

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Tullia replies, "I believe that with a bit of luck we can handle each of those tasks." Heading into town, Tullia looks for any aging gentleman who looks to merely be out for a days stroll to soak up the rain and remember the glory days. If she finds one, she asks, "Pardon me, sir. But if I could give you a tokens of appreciation for some information, would you be willign to provide it? I would love to find a bowyer, perhaps a fletcher, a temple in which healing and curing the people is common practice, and if you would be so kind as to recommend you favorite local establishment to catch a pleasant bite to eat. I have no doubt a person of your esteemed experience can guide me to such places."

She slips a gold piece between her fingers and pretends to polish it with her fignertips while she waits for a reply.

[Sblock=OOC]Are we going to RP out the purchases or merely assume we can get what we want to head into the adventure quicker. I don't mind doing either ... but if we are going to breeze through the purchases with a cut-scene that is fine with me. I feel no major need to RP it out unless FX would like us to. At which point, I'll be glad to. You never know what the local shopkeeper know...[/Sblock]

Last edited:

FreeXenon

[OOC:
Cave Description
I finally updated the Description of the cave rooms, please peruse it when you get a chance just to refresh your memory. It is not as descriptive or in depth as it originally was, but it gives you the necessary details.

Money, Money Money!!
Go ahead and spend your money as you wish using standard PHB/DMG prices. If you cannot find it in the shops Constable Fierstram will help you as she will most likely have to if Boarhide wants anything like a Masterwork Mighty Composite longbow of Doooom!

Spend your money as you see fit, update your characters, and post here where you spend your money in your next post so I have an idea what kind of craziness your doing. ;)

If you have any questions or something special you want let me know and we will work it out.
]

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Partly a bump now that NF is back to set the stage.

Boarhide hefts his bow proudly. It had taken 3 men at the shop to string it he had proudly told Tullia. The piece of wood was being saved by the bowyer to make two bows, not the one.

A new bow, a hearty meal and three or four flaggons of ale had Boarhide feeling much better, almost chipper. But still Boarhide was a man of the wild, and Wolf never rested long in one place and neither did Boarhide, he was restless to move on, to find Garrick.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Looking to head out of town now that Boarhide is finally happy, Tullia looks back to Boarhide as she guides Maxillian by the reigns. She enjoys riding, but somehow it just felt more natural to begin on foot.

Looking specifically to the bow that Boarhide hefts so proudly, Tullia adds in a tone that is drowning with teasing, "I understand, Boarhide. All men need to feel the urge to compensate for something."

A smug look flashes to her face and she gives Boarhide a wink.

"On a more serious note, I was wondering about two things. First, it might be important as we adventure to find a young boy or girl who likes horses to ride along with us. As we track Garrick, we may need to occasionally leave them as we did in the caves. While Maxillian is well trained, I would feel more comfortable having someone to watch over them."

"Also, As we work together we might also want to consider finding another member or two for our team. It would not hurt to have a few more hands in combat. Although, it was nice to not have to split the reward more than two ways."

[Sblock=OOC]Just a simple note of explanation:

1. I have always found it odd when parties using horses simply leave them to graze somewhere. I'm willing to let this issue slide if FX is willing to similarily ignore the effects of 'what happens to the horses while the adventurers are away.' However, a simple commoner hired to ride along is also not going to be terribly expensive. To me it depends on if FX would rather bite hard in realism and worry about RPing an NPC or overlook realism so that the NPC need not be messed with.

2. The second comment about ading party members need not be an urgent thing. More or less setting a long-term thought in the back of the character's minds so that when they meet up with other PCs or when FX decides that we need a larger party for balance reasons there is already a thought to draw from. Don't think that Tullia is looking to add someone immediately.[/Sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Boarhide laughs at Tullia's jest.

"I think you are just jealous that my archery is progressing so well. I think it you who feels 'inadequate'" says Boarhide lauging again.

"But when you can pick up your horse as I can, that will be the day I find the mark better than you Tullia. You truely have the eyes of an eagle."

"If we are to find said child, would it not be better to find him nearer where we look so as not to remove them from their family for so long? As for more, perhaps after Garrick we can consider that. I fear anyone else will merely slow down our hunt. Few can keep up with you or I, especially in the woods, much less be as quiet as the rabbit."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Tullia smiles at Boarhide's compliment. "Although while you may knock a whole tree over with an arrow from that bow, I no doubt can use mine to seperate its fruit from its branches. Together we make balance."

Tullia replies about the horse guard, "Well, I was not thinking child so much as teenager. One who has a few wits and at least some common sense about them. Ideally it might be someone who is ready to apprentice. I have no doubt I could teach them many things about tracking and you could teach them a warrior's instinct. As they worked for us in caring for our horses they would no doubt learn our skills."

Remove ads