[IC] The Hunters (of Aundair's Sorrow) [Closed]

Fenris

Adventurer
Boarhide replies "The rain is not so bad, it purges bad scents from the air and although it erases the trail, it lures new prey out with the promise of a drink. But a warm fire a an ale or five does sound good"

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Gaurd Duty
He looks quizzically at Boarhide following his statement and then tries hide amusement at Tullia's attempt to console him and tries to appear genuinely affected by her words. "Yea. Thanks. I still have job and I am not dead yet!." and then he smiles broadly, frowns, and then waves you through again while looking to the raining horizon.

The other gaurd says "Don't mind him. He just angry that she killed the dog." He tries to stifle a little bit of snickering.

The Constable
The nearest gaurd post is not more than 60 feet away through the muddy and pot-holed entrance area. You cross the street and enter the building through the open door as thunder rumbles in the distance and a flash lightening cracks somewhere in the city. Inside you find Constable Fierstram sitting at a table talking with 5 other constables who immediately stop talking as soon as you enter the building.

There is a larger central room with a counter near the door and 2 square tables in the area beyond the door and beyond where the counter stops. On the far side of the room there is an iron bound door.

Constable Fierstram immediately gets up and approaches you with a little bit of surpise in her bright eyes. "Ummm... You surprised me the first time with Margarad the Knife, so I am not so sure why I am surprised now." She smiles to both of you warmly. "You seem to be missing one. Garrick, I believe? Please sit and tells what you found...."

Fenris

Adventurer
Boarhide drops the False Wolves in a pile in the corner, and shakes, canine-like, to rid himself of the rain. He then takes the proferred chair, leaving the one closest to the fire for Tullia and waits.

Borahide seldom talked at these meetings. Whether it was picking up a new quarry or turning one in. Tullia was the better speaker, this was her job after all. He was just there to help her, protect her. But still he listened intently. He knew that this time, he may have to speak also. After all, it was due to his carelessness that Tullia was hurt, and she wouldn't be able to fill in all the story, outhside of what he told her. But then he had told her all he had done, so perhaps she could tell the whole story. In the meantime he watches the constables. He did not yet trust all these village warriors. How long ago had he been accused? Not so long he had forgotten their prison.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Tullia smiles wryly, chosing for one reason or another to hold the majority of her tongue and let the Constable pull out the details desired.

"I don't know why you are so surprised, either, Constable. I would have assumed if you wanted the job done that you would hire people you think capable. I only regret not being able to bring back the last one."

She pauses, and nods to Boarhide.

"My friend deserves the majority of the credit. There was a heated battle, and a large majority of the underlings of the false wolves fled and we let them go. They may be the technicians, but without the brains of the organization they'll likely find other occupations. We fought what you see before you, plus one. Without Boarhides assistance, none of this would be possible."

There is a certain air of confidence in her tale, intentionally striking the opposite chord of the Constable's surprise.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:
Tullia smiles wryly, chosing for one reason or another to hold the majority of her tongue and let the Constable pull out the details desired.

"I don't know why you are so surprised, either, Constable. I would have assumed if you wanted the job done that you would hire people you think capable. I only regret not being able to bring back the last one."

She pauses, and nods to Boarhide.

In the pause Tullia leaves, Boarhide interjects in almost a growl, "He will be found though!" perhaps a bit too fiercely.

Nonlethal Force said:
"My friend deserves the majority of the credit. There was a heated battle, and a large majority of the underlings of the false wolves fled and we let them go. They may be the technicians, but without the brains of the organization they'll likely find other occupations. We fought what you see before you, plus one. Without Boarhides assistance, none of this would be possible."

Boarhide drops his head a bit at the unexpected praise.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
After she speaks, and hearing Boarhides interjection ... Tullia chews a bit on her pinkie fingernail and wears an expression that says something along the lines of "You bet he'll be found."

She awaits further direction from the Constable.

FreeXenon

She smiles broadly at your confidence and determination "I am sure glad that I found both of you to work for us. I never could have taken care of Margarad or these... these Wolves.

Escaped technicians huh? I'll alert the watch to be on the look our for unusual traffic. Excellent so far. What else have you brought in? Anything... more incriminating?
"

She walks over to the bodies of the False Wolves and looks them over nodding in satisfaction. She waves back to the other constables and they move forward to take them else where. She goes behind the desk there while looking to both of you for a response. She shuffles some coins about behind the desk and after a little bit whips a jingling purse right between both of you. "This should take care of the first two. Two thousand, right? ...the biggest reward I have had the pleasure to give."

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Tullia does her best ot snag the both purses before Boarhide can get a chance. Flipping one to Boarhide she says, "Assumig these are equal sums, you earned yours, big guy. Now we'll just have to work on making sure you don't spend it all in one place."

Looking back to the Constable, Tullia describes the map that had the various circles of varying colors upon it. "Obviously we could figure out that the circle over this city was significant. Have you heard anything in your realm of influence about the other locales and if that might give us any information regarding what the circles might entail. I was thinking along the lines that some might be suppliers and others might be places of sale or influence. Any other thought?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:
Tullia does her best ot snag the both purses before Boarhide can get a chance. Flipping one to Boarhide she says, "Assumig these are equal sums, you earned yours, big guy. Now we'll just have to work on making sure you don't spend it all in one place."

"I doubt they have enough ale in town for me to do that" says Boarhide with a grin.

FreeXenon

Fenris said:
"I doubt they have enough ale in town for me to do that" says Boarhide with a grin.

Fierstram smiles amusedly at this. "I think this little city might be able to surprise you Boardhide"

She pulls out the map and looks over it."Looking at the map would seem to indicate that they might have sellers in Arcanix and Passage as well. Hmmm... I wonder what the green and white dots migh represent? I can turn this over to our detectives that are handling this if you like. They might be able to make some more sense out of it."

She thinks a little bit and says "Hmmm... I am not high enough to know too much. I am aware that we do have a Dreamlily problem here and I have heard of such problems at Arcanix as well. It was small and then it has become quite the problem. It was first a problem only with some nobles, but has recently started happening with the not so desirables. I have not had much of anything to do with it as there are investigators working on it with not much success. A few have turned up... well... dead. A ruthless bunch they are."

"How many technicians were there and guards, if any? Were there any others helping them? What is the location of their lab? Any other supporting evidence?"

Tullia[sblock]There was a single priest type that commanded Boardhide to die. I still have to post the description of the cave again.

One of the pieces of information that you gleened from you tour of it was that in the Wolves' room there was a single potted tree growing and you know that this is not an easy tree to find. You do know that it grows in the Duskwood. [/sblock]

Remove ads