OOC: City of the Spider Queen [Full]

DemonAtheist

First Post
yeah, i hope this goes well when we start (hopefully tomorrow). I can see how the self healing would be nice. and heh, the combat reflexes quick draw combo would be sweet...damn you feat limits! right now im just fantasizing using haste with rapid shot...ive never played a high level archer before, only melee.

honestly, our party seems quite balanced: cleric (sort of), fighter (sort of), thief (sort of), and a wizard (yay for a real wizard!). I'm not sure how our personalities will mesh, but again i think it will be interesting.

and ankh, sorry for misinterpreting your post. im just always respectful of tweaking and min/maxxing (mostly because my friends it when i do it, so ive tried to get good at it)

off to bed for now, hope to see you all tomorrow!

Rayex

First Post
DemonAtheist said:
I updated my updated character sheet (page 4). Recalculated hp (my constitution went up two), added more background and personalty, added spells, added animal companion, finished skills, made my bow made of darkwood (already part of its price, forgot to write it down)

request: could you tell me the hp (3d8) and defense bonus (if any) of my animal companion?

edit: i also mispelled my name at the top of my character sheet...theres a z in there. it SHOULD be done now, if you want to just ctr v it ove there it would work...as it is over there is says Rashak instead of Hazrael in the description of my abilitiescheers!

Character updated, including your 18 HP companion. Your bracers of armor (armor bonus to AC) still dont stack with defense bonus. So you've got 4000 more to spend if you'd like.

Rayex

First Post
There, it should be updated now... both your characters. I might be able to get the first post ready before work, if not i'll be back later tonight. Oh, I am at GMT +1.

Dakkareth

First Post
Knowledge (Arcana): 17 (11ranks + 7int)
Knowledge (Necromancy): 17 (11ranks + 7int)
Knowledge (The Planes): 9 (3ranks +7int)
This should be 18, 18 and 10. I suppose, it was rather late yesterday ;)

Also I'd like to add a dagger, quarterstaff and light crossbow to my inventory - Merion needs a few mundane weapons to fall back on and everybody needs a dagger ;)

Mmhh, I forgot my familiar:

Ticho (bat familiar, magical beast)
Hit Dice: 10HD (24 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 5 ft (1 square), fly 40 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 21 (+4 size, +2 Dex, +5 familiar), touch 21, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/–10
Special Qualities: Blindsense 20 ft., low-light vision, share spells, empathic link, deliver touch spells, speak with master, speak with animals of its kind
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +9
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 4
Skills: Hide +14, Listen +8*, Move Silently +6, Spot +8*
Feats: Alertness, Improved Evasion

Which add to my character the following:

Feat: Alertness when familiar within 5 ft.
Skills:
Listen: +6/+4 = 0 (ranks) +1 (wis) +3 (familiar) + 2 (familiar: alertness)
Spot: +3/+1 = 0 (ranks) +1 (wis) +2 (familiar: alertness)

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion starts out with a fireball spell in his Ring of Counterspells. Also he has a folded letter in draconic stashed away, which he has signed with exploding runes.

If it's possible, I'd like to change my memorized spells to the following for the time being (listing only changed levels):

0: read magic, detect magic(2), disrupt undead, prestidigitation
1: mage armor, magic missile (x2), ray of enfeeblement, protection from evil, spirit worm, silent message

4: stoneskin, globe of invulnerability, Evard’s black tentacles, enervation, animate dead

--------------

Another thing: As we start out as group, we should agree on a few things like a group name (if any) and important past events.

How long have we been travelling together? What 'heroic' deeds have we done? Have there been notable failures on our part?

Also important to me would be your characters' opinion on Merion's raising of undead.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Dakkareth said:
Another thing: As we start out as group, we should agree on a few things like a group name (if any) and important past events.

How long have we been travelling together? What 'heroic' deeds have we done? Have there been notable failures on our part?

Also important to me would be your characters' opinion on Merion's raising of undead.

I think most of that can be made up as we go in the IC thread.

Rashak's only been on the surface world for a few months, so let' say that's how long they've been travelling together. That's plenty of time to have done some heroic adventures.

Rashak might look at Merion's undead with distaste from time to time, especially if they are rotting and stinky, but other than that it doesn't phase him much.

I'm open to suggestions about a party name. I'd prefer something that wasn't too obvious, something that evokes a bit of mystery. It doesn't even have to be in Common, it could be a name in another language. :)

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
How about the 'Clean Hands', possibly translated into draconic or something? I think, it would well fit the mixture of neutral and good characters - you can interprete it as 'cleansing hands' as well as 'uncaring hands' (exaggerated).

Jyren is probably best described as naive. So he'd let the others kind of lead the way in places he wasn't familiar with(i.e., nearly everywhere ;)). He wouldn't like the undead, but is the kind to keep his mouth shut and stare at them...curiously wondering where all the water in them went to.

As for a group name...*shrugs* I got nothing

Rayex

First Post
Merion is updated. Closest thing I've found to clean & Hand in the draconomicon vocabulary, would be "good claw"... wish is bensvelkgix...

Remove ads