[OOC] [Dark Sun] Marauders of the Dune Sea

hafrogman

Adventurer
Aisop, the Eladrin Bard.
A wandering teller of tales, a dabbler in the forbidden arcane arts, a liar, cheat, thief and all around good guy.

Watch this space for more information.

[sblock=background]I've never quite understood why they made me leave my homeland. What use is there to all this knowledge if we never use it? Enforced ignorance is a path to irrelevance, stagnation and cultural death. Oh, there are risks in the arcane, to be sure, but far better to teach the correct path to power than to pretend it doesn't exist and leave all like me to fumble their own way through the darkness. The magic was never even that important, merely something I dabbled in from time to time. Hardly dangerous at all.

Of course, they didn't see it quite like I did, not that I was given much chance to explain my position. It is quite difficult to speak one's piece when all around you, your friends, family and kin bay for your blood, and so I set forth into this world. The deserts are brutal, more blighted even than my own home, but they can also be possessed of a harsh beauty and wonder in their own way.

My first encounter upon my journey was a brush with the elves, those barbarian cousins of my own people. Similar in so many ways, but strangely alien in others. They have been sharped by the world until they cut all who come near. This band of nomads was filled with a deep distrust, ingrained deception and a borderline lethal sense of humor. I fit right in. It took some time for them to accept my presence in any way, but I traveled with them regardless. From them I took everything I could, stealing in my own way. When I eventually went my own way, I took with me every tale, story and scrap of knowledge that I could glean.

Since then, I have wandered the world for many more years. Trading stories and knowledge to make my way, and aquiring more and more in turn. I am still blessed or cursed with an endless curiosity, but luckily there are always those who are seeking what I know, or can learn.[/sblock]

Note: Aisop doesn't own a +1 wand and a +1 dagger, those are just there to make the math work, since inherent bonuses aren't available yet.

Attachments

• AisopRevised.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 294
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
If you could roll for my Wild Talent now, I'd be much obliged. I'm torn between two concepts, and knowing that will help solidify which one makes more sense.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Wild Talents for all who have posted:

OnlytheStrong Far Hearing
Bluenose Thought Projection
Nickriel Object Projection
Shayuri Know Direction

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Ya'tta]

[sblock=sheet]

Ya'tta Level 2
Thri-Kreen Shaman
Theme: Elemental Priest
Background: Last of the Clutch

ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 12, Dex 13, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 8

COMBAT & DEFENSES
AC: 16; Fort: 13; Reflex: 14; Will: 16
HP: 29; Bloodied: 14; Surges: 7; Surge Value: 8
Initiative: +2; Speed: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +11, Insight +13, Nature +13, Perception +14

FEATS
1. Ritual Caster
2. Shared Healing Spirit
3. Stalker Spirit Adept

RACIAL FEATURES
Languages: Common, Thri-Kreen
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Nature
Torpor: Enter aware Torpor state for 4 hours instead of sleep
Multiple Arms: Draw or sheath a weapon as a free action 1/turn
Natural Jumper: You are always considered to have a running start while jumping
Thri-Kreen Claws: Gain the Thri-Kreen claws power.

POWERS
Spirit Fangs, Stalkers Strike, Voice of Battle, Call Spirit Companion, Far Hearing
Healing Spirit, Speak with Spirits, Twin Panthers, Spirit of Athas, Thri-Kreen Claws
Spirit of Consuming Terror, Spirit of Life

EQUIPMENT
Totem, Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Filter Mask, Distillation Kit, Fire Kit

[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]

Ka'cha sat quietly against the ruined wall. He shook his head as the rain fell. It rarely seemed to fall anymore. Nothing nourished the world. No healing, no life. Pain and death were all that seemed obvious. He closed his eyes and entered torpor. He felt his mind wonder down the trail it had drifted so many times before. The fires, the screams of death. His Clutch heard the screams when they began. He could remember the debate on what they should do, ultimately they made the wrong decision.

They ran into the night, toward the fires. Defilers, not very many, yet more than enough. The Clutch didn't slow, but ran straight into the group. Ka'cha could feel the emotion, feel the sensations of combat. He felt the blow land across his back. He could see the darkness close on him. He could feel himself fall into the well.

His eyes opened from the torpor. He shook his head, If he had been stronger, if he had been quicker, more attuned...

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nickriel

First Post
Here's what I came up with.

Belros Trickfoot was a halfling living in the forest ridge until he was savagely kidnapped by elven raiders a couple years ago. He was brought to Tyr and sold into slavery. Along the way, he learned what a savage place the rest of the world was, heard stories about how it got to be that way, and gained a righteous anger about the state of the world in general. He was recently freed along with the other slaves of Tyr and will dedicate his life to trying to protect what is left of nature and restore it if he can. He has become a warden with the primal guardian theme.

Stats (used the new online character builder, so there may be bugs):
STR 18
Con 16
Dex 12
Int 10
Wis 11
Cha 8

AC 16
Fort 16
Ref 12
Will 12
HP 40
Surge 10/12

Racial Features
Bold
Second Chance
Nimble Reaction
Acrobatics +2 Theivery +2

Class Features
Font of Life
Earthstrength - Guardian Might Option
Nature's Wrath

Feats
Rigged Chance
Indomitable Halfling

Equipment
Alhulak
Leather Armor
Adventurer's Kit
Desert Clothing
Dagger
Gold - 29

Melee Attack - Alhulak Attack 8 (+1 w/ Enhancement from Inherent Bonus) DMG 1d8+4 (+1)

Major Skills - Athletics 10, Dungeoneering 6, Endurance 9, and Nature 6
Powers - Mark of Thunder
Second Chance
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Strength of Stone
Earth Shield Strike
Earth Spikes
Form of the Walking Conflagration
Walking Conflagration Strike
Sandstep

Wild Power - Psionic Spark

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
It's a risk, but I like the story enough, and the weirdness enough, to take that risk. Raw mechanics are ready. Background will follow shortly.

Omega, level 2
Warforged, Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength
Background: Experimental Prototype (+2 to Athletics)

[sblock=Descripton]Omega is a broad, hulking, brutish-looking thing fashioned from roughly hewn slabs of obsidian bound together with some kind of tough, woody fiberous material that permits flexibility of joints, neck and midsection. Its head is a slighly asymetrical chevron shape, with only a pair of lights burning within the obsidian to show where its eyes are. It lacks other facial features entirely, though it has no trouble speaking, smelling or hearing.

Interspersed at various intervals around Omega's vaguely humanoid body are indentations and grooves carved carefully into the obsidian. The purpose of these ornamentations is as yet unknown.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 18, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

AC: 20 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 14
HP: 42 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +7, Athletics +9, Endurance +9, Perception +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -1, Arcana, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History, Insight +2, Intimidate +3, Religion, Stealth -1, Streetwise +1, Thievery -1

FEATS
Level 1: Crippling Crush
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Hammer)

POWERS
Wild Talent: Know Direction
Warden at-will 1: Thorn Strike
Warden at-will 1: Weight of Earth
Warden encounter 1: Roots of Stone
Theme - Wilder: Psychic Surge
Warden daily 1: Form of Mountain's Thunder
Warden utility 2: Eyes of the Hawk

ITEMS
Gold: 41gp
Hide Armor, Heavy Shield (Attached Warforged Component), Warhammer, Backpack (Embedded Warforged Component), 2 Belt Pouches[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Recruiting is closed,

I've decided that I just can't decide... I'm gonna rewrite the encounters for 8.

Everyone who hasn't posted a full character writeup please do so today.

I'll get the IC thread up hopefully tonight possibly in the morning though.

Remove ads