(OOC) Emerald City Knights

Graybeard

Explorer
I am definitely interested. I own the 3e core book and several 2e books. I have a little experience playing 3e PBP on the M&M forums.

Thanee

First Post
Storn Cook is my personal fav

The guys at GR have realized this, too, apparantly. :)

I may ask why a brick character has 5 ranks of Luck if it doesn't seem to be thematically appropriate. (and we all know it is because Luck is mad cool yo!)

Luck has been toned down a bit, though, in 3rd edition (compared to the earlier editions, where it was the same as a Hero Point).

Here are two characters from older games (and older editions), which I could translate into 3rd edition, if they are fitting for the campaign in general:

Ghost (very similar to the Dark Horse Comics character; her power combinations could be problematic, though, Incorporeal/Invisibility/Flight/Teleportation combined with Affects Corporeal)

Fusion (might build her with Variable, kinda like the Shapeshifter)

Bye
Thanee

hero4hire

Explorer
The guys at GR have realized this, too, apparantly. :)
Champions gave him a lot of work once as well. Storn is a local acquaintance of mine, so I like to give him props.

Here are two characters from older games (and older editions), which I could translate into 3rd edition, if they are fitting for the campaign in general:

Ghost (very similar to the Dark Horse Comics character; her power combinations could be problematic, though, Incorporeal/Invisibility/Flight/Teleportation combined with Affects Corporeal)

Fusion (might build her with Variable, kinda like the Shapeshifter)

Bye
Thanee

Even w/o clicking the links I remember both of them fairly well.
Intangible assassin type and a "Car Armor" character a la Transformers.
I say submit who you would like to play the most.

Walking Dad

First Post
2) "Do it all" characters are discouraged. This will be a team setting and it isn't much fun for everyone to play with characters who can do it all.
I fear this will forbid nearly all versatile powers... and i like shapechangers :(

So I took a look at Storn's thread, singled out 3 pics and start to work on each :D

(All work in progress, changing gradually the archetype from the hero book.

[sblock=Pulse]
ColdPulse72.jpg

STRENGTH 1
AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4
AWARENESS 2
STAMINA 2
DEXTERITY 3
INTELLECT 0
PRESENCE 2

POWERS
Energy Control: Ranged Damage 12 • 24 points.
• Create (Movable, Feedback) 12 • 1 point.
• Move Object 12 • 1 point.
• Transform (Broken Objects into repaired ones) 12 • 1 point.
• Affliction (Energy Bonds) (hindered, immobile) (Ranged, Instant recovery, Sustained, Limited Degree) • 1 point.

Flight: Flight 7 (250 MPH) • 14 points.

• Space Travel 3 • 1 point.

Force Field: Protection 10, Impervious, Sustained • 20 points.

Life Support: Immunity 10 (Life Support) • 10 points.

Quick Change: Feature 1 (transform into costume as a free action) • 1 point.

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Move-by-Attack, Interpose, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged; Cover), Taunt

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Deception 7 (+9), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Energy Control 5 (+8)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +4
Energy Control +8 Ranged, Damage 12 plus others
Unarmed +4 Close, Damage 1

DEFENSE
DODGE 8 FORTITUDE 6
PARRY 8 TOUGHNESS 12
WILL 9

[/sblock]

[sblock=Clay]
DD72.jpg

STRENGTH 3
AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4
AWARENESS 3
STAMINA 1
DEXTERITY 2
INTELLECT 0
PRESENCE 0

POWERS
Body of Clay
Hard as marble: Protection 11, Impervious (12), Enhanced Str (limited to lifting) 5 • 28 points.
Fluid as mud: Insubstantial 1, Elongation 5, Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 4, Movement (safe fall, slithering, swinging wall-crawling), Speed 2 • 25 points.

Clay Shaping
Clay Spear: Damage 9 (strength based, penetrating 12) • 21 point.
Clay Blades: Damage 9 (strength based, penetrating 8, Improved Critical 4) • 1 point.
Clay Sweeping Hammer: Damage 9 (strength based, multi-attack 12) • 1 point.
Clay Imitation: Morph 4 (same mass) (Precise) • 1 point.
Clay Projectile: Ranged Damage 10 (Accurate) • 1 point.
Engulf: (Cumulative Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Concentration); • 1 point.

ADVANTAGES
All-Out-Attack, Power Attack, Taunt

SKILLS
Close Combat: Clay Weapons 4 (+8), Deception 10 (+10), Insight 5 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Profession: Grifter 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Clay Projectile 4 (+8)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Clay Projectile +8 Ranged, Damage 10
Clay Weapons +8 Close, Damage 12

DEFENSE
DODGE 8 FORTITUDE 8
PARRY 8 TOUGHNESS 12
WILL 8

COMPLICATIONS
Identity
Motivation: Thrill
Secret: Former Con-Artist

Power Point Summary: Abilities 30 PP + Defense 12 PP + Skills 16 PP + Advantages 3 PP + Powers 79 PP = 150 PP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Greyhound]
Greyhound72.jpg

STRENGTH 2
AGILITY 4
FIGHTING (6) 10
AWARENESS 1
STAMINA 2
DEXTERITY 3
INTELLECT 0
PRESENCE 0

POWERS
Fast Attack: Damage 1, Strength-based, Multiattack and Penetrating on 5 Damage • 11 points
• Damage 1, Strength-based, Burst Area and Selective on 5 Damage • 1 point

Fast Martial Arts: Enhanced Dodge 11, Enhanced Parry 5, Enhanced Fighting 4 • 24 points

Super-Speed: Enhanced Initiative 3, Quickness 10, Speed 15 (64,000 MPH)• 28 points
• Super Recovery: Regeneration 10 (persistent) • 1 point

Run On Water: Movement 1 (Water Walking), Limited to While Moving • 1 point

Run Through Walls: Movement 1 (Permeate 1), Limited to While Moving • 1 points

Run Up Walls: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 2), Limited to While Moving • 2 points

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative 3, Instant Up, Luck 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge

EQUIPMENT (5 total)
Club (x2) 4
Body Armor (as leather 1)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat: Batons 5 (+15) Intimidate 8 (+8), Expertise: (Martial Arts) 6 (+6), Perception 8 (+9)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
DODGE 15 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 15 TOUGHNESS 5/3*
WILL 10 *Without Defensive Roll

COMPLICATIONS
Identity:
Motivation: Justice

Power Point Summary: Abilities 36 PP + Defense 17 PP + Skills 19 PP + Advantages 9 PP + Powers 69 PP = 150 PP

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I have a "weird" looking concept. if the game is very four colors it might not be suitable.

Ions ago, in a far off in a galaxy, a planet in which life never evolved beyond the celular level. High complexity was acquire at the cellular level, communication, the key feature for organized life form was born.
But the most evolved creatures in this world still looked very similar to a Paramecium. This predatorial species lived peacefully, until one day, disaster occurred. Attacked by aliens who wanted to turn their world into planet-wide mining facility, these creatures fought fiercely for their survival. But without any kind of technology, these beings didn't stud a chance. As their enemies started converting the planet into a life devoid mine, the remaining creatures sneaked into enemy ships. From the inside, they destroyed the cruisers, and attached their spores into the pieces of the wreckage. Disaminating like pollen in the wind, the spores dispersed to the universe.

Today, Earth:
A meteorite hits a farmer's granary. But it was not a meteorite, it was a fragment of a spaceship. Most of it got eaten away in the stratosphere, but some survived. The farmer was lucky to be off harvesting, as the explosion made a huge crater. As the man explored the site, he found a ball, a brown ball, the size of a baseball. It's exterior had been burned off in the atmosphere, and as the farmer peeled it, he found what he thought was a seed. Knowing his trade, but not caution, the man put the ball in a bucket of water. In awe, he looked as the ball started to crack, freeing a yellow goo. Quickly, the goo absorbed the water. As it made it's way out of the ball and hydrated, the farmer could see other balls and "organs" inside. It was the size of a dog, yellow and covered with hair like appendices. Several balls and stuff floated inside of it. Four of them where predominantly big, and glowed blue. Sensing another life form around him, the creature's nucleus glowed. Inside his head, the farmer could hear the creature's voice.
"Hello! We guess we made it to somewhere humid enough! We are Paramax, nice to meet you!" immediately, the thing attached to the farmer's leg. Passed the initial repulsion, the farmer made friends with the alien, who proved useful in eating away everything inside the crater, and cleaning up the mess. It seemed to be able to phagocyte everything and assimilate it, so it was easy for the farmer to rise the little guy.
Paramax's particular biology could prove useful in the fight against crime, now that he was big enough. As ambassador for his species, Paramax thought that making a good name for himself, would make the humans prone to accepting his kind in this world. As far as he knew, he might well be the only survivor. But replicating and invading this planet would be as bas as what those other aliens did to his world, so Paramax set off with a quest, to prove humans how marvellous it would be to be neighbours!

So build-wise, this thing would be absorbing energy and hits, and regenerating; hard to kill in resume. He'll have only a few attacks, like engulfing prey, or perhaps a telepathic attack. He's blind and mute and can only communicate mentally. Again it's a weird concept but I think it would be fun.

Remove ads