(OOC) Emerald City Knights

hero4hire

Explorer
I have a "weird" looking concept. if the game is very four colors it might not be suitable.

While it will not be campy, the adventures have their roots firmly in four color.
Pretty straight up super-heroics and dealing with the public. While I do not want to shoot down the concept out of hand, I am not too sure it would be a fun one to play in these particular adventures.

Shayuri

First Post
I have an idea for a "temporal speedster." A person who is a speedster not so much because she can move fast...but because she can change the rate at which time passes for herself relative to the rest of the universe.

Mechanically not much difference, of course. :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
You mean because there will not be like teen romance involved? I guess that an amoeba dealing with the public would be fun. I have other concepts though this is my favourite. I'll let you decide.

Insight

Adventurer
I have a few character ideas. The first is MOMENTUM, who has the ability to control motion and velocity. I'll post him below. Essentially, his backstory is that he was (and maybe still is) a world-renowned physicist who, during experimentations, accidentally gave himself the ability to control motion. Being a fairly altruistic type, Momentum has just now gotten his powers under control and is now looking to use them for the betterment of humanity.

[sblock=Momentum]MOMENTUM
PL 10 150/150pp

[sblock=Backstory]Dr. Charles McConnell was a world-renowed physicist studying his new proposed laws of motion when he fell into a super-collider and emerged with the superhuman ability to control motion. Now, as Momentum, Dr. McConnell has learned to control his powers and is trying to use them for the betterment of society. He has trained his body to withstand the rigors of crime-fighting and is eager to test out his abilities on whichever villains might cross his path.[/sblock]

[sblock=Complications]Fame: Dr. McConnell, while trying to understand his powers, revealed his identity to those in the scientific community. Therefore, there are many out there who know Momentum's secret identity.
Naive: Momentum is inexperienced as a crime-fighter and could make incorrect assumptions about his opponents.
Responsibilities: Dr. McConnell still works as a physicist, now for the government. He is often required to undertake assignments in the realm of advanced physics.
[/sblock]

ABILITIES
Total Cost: 42pp

STR 1
STAM 4
AGI 2
DEX 2
FGH 2
INT 5
AWAR 4
PRE 1

DEFENSES
Total Cost: 15pp

TOUGH 4(+4 Def Roll)(+6 Force Field) = 10/8/4
DODGE 2+4(+4) = 10/6
PARRY 2+4(+4) = 10/6
FORT 4+3 = 7
WILL 4+4 = 8

SKILLS
Total Cost: 18pp

Expertise - Physicist [15]: +20
Investigation [10]: +15
Perception [4]: +8
Technology [7]: +12

ADVANTAGES
Total Cost: 9pp

Benefit - Security Clearance
Benefit - Wealth (Well-Off)
Defensive Roll 4
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Move-by Attack

POWERS
Total Cost: 66pp

ENHANCED DODGE
Effect: Enhanced Trait (Dodge) +4
Fl: Limited - Only works against physical attacks
Descriptors: Kinetic, Mutation
Power Cost: 2pp

ENHANCED PARRY
Effect: Enhanced Trait (Parry) +4
Power Cost: 2pp

FORCE FIELD
Effect: Force Field 6
Ex: Impervious 10
Power Cost: 8pp

IMMUNITY
Effect: Immunity 11 (Entrapment Effects, Movement Affliction Effects, Own Powers)
Power Cost: 11pp

KINETIC CONTROL
Effect: Move Object 10
Ex: Damaging, Range - Perception
Fl: Limited - Object must already be moving
* Alt - Affliction 10 (hindered / immobile)
Ex: Area Burst +1 size (60ft radius), Selective
Fl: Limited to 2 degrees
* Alt - Environment (Impede Movement 6) 4 (250ft radius)
Ex: Selective
* Alt - Leaping 6
Ex: Affects Others, Area Burst +1 Size (60ft radius), Selective
* Alt - Move Object 6
Ex: Area Burst +1 size (60ft radius), Range - Perception, Selective
Fl: Limited - Object must already be moving
* Alt - Speed 6
Ex: Affects Others, Area Burst +1 size (60ft radius), Selective
Power Cost: 35pp

MOTION SENSE
Effects: Enhanced Trait (Perception) 12 ranks, Senses 6 (Radius Sight, Sight Counters Concealment - all descriptors)
Fl: Limited to detecting moving objects
Power Cost: 6pp

SLOW FALL
Effect: Movement 1 (Slow Fall)
Power Cost: 2pp[/sblock]

I have a few other ideas I'm considering if Momentum doesn't work out.

Attachments

• Momentum.jpg
    Momentum.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Some questions...

Is there any way to change size categories without Growth (more precisely, without changing any other stats; Growth makes things a little complicated, because of the extra Toughness gained every other Rank, due to PL limits)?

And something else... for the effect I want to have, that Fusion can create stuff from/around herself (i.e. a car, or an exoskeleton), and thus essentially change into that 'form' (i.e. a car, or an exoskeleton, with herself sitting inside)... I will take Growth (unless there is another way) for the size and mass increase. Do I also need Morph at Rank 1? Or is that more like a Feature?

The question here is... at what point is the cosmetic change an actual power and not just a "power effect" (and Morph is pretty expensive just for that... ;))?

Also... is Feature 1 ok for a "Passenger Seat" (being able to transport one human-sized creature)? Internal Compartment requires way more size than a car would have to achieve the same.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Shapechangers are cool. A shapechanger who can become every bit as good as the team brick, martial artist, speedster, etc is a no go.

Fine :)

I just remembered I made a 'shapechanger' without any variable powers for M&M 2nd once. I will try to convert the character to 3e in my above post. The battlesuit character felt to 'generic' anyway

---

Edit: Rest of post no longer needed.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
On second thought, it works fine with Growth, though. So I will just use it as is. I have my main protective power outside of the Variable power for simplicities sake, and because it will always be needed, really, but when I looked up Growth, I realized, that it will give a net +2 for 4 Ranks to Defense+Toughness, which would break the PL limit. So I just lowered my general Protection by 2 to accomodate. Should work out fine that way, and it limits Growth to the 4 Ranks, which also makes sense (as the material to work with is limited, too). :)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Shapechangers are cool. A shapechanger who can become every bit as good as the team brick, martial artist, speedster, etc is a no go.

Fusion also has a good range of abilities via Variable, but should still be within reasonable limits, I think. :)

The examples I have posted in the character sheet should roughly indicate the extent of her ability.

Bye
Thanee

hero4hire

Explorer
I haven't been able to check out the submitted templates to deeply. I know Arrays within a variable are probably right out. Not sure if that is an official rule of my personal preference.

Since Variable is sustained by default there is no need to make powers within "More sustained".

Walking Dad

First Post
I haven't been able to check out the submitted templates to deeply. I know Arrays within a variable are probably right out. Not sure if that is an official rule of my personal preference.
AFAIK, it is not an official rule. But a houserule I can fully understand.

Since Variable is sustained by default there is no need to make powers within "More sustained".
But making a Variable effect continuous is only a +1 Duration extra. This would be a character that doesn't loose his current 'power suit' if knocked unconscious.

Anyway, I'm working on a non-Variable variant (but with arrays).

Remove ads