(OOC) Emerald City Knights

hero4hire

Explorer
Kid Bionic is still coming up a bit off in points.

His base power of Str Based Damage comes out to be 19pp before removable and 15 with removable.

Damage 3 (3pp) + Penetrating 8 (8pp) + Secondary Effect of 8 Damage (8pp) = 19pp

the whole array would then cost 22pp -4 for removable = 18pp not 15pp.

Herolab tells me he still has 17pp to spend.

Kid Bionic - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina -, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect -1, Awareness 4, Presence -2

Advantages
Benefit: Legally Dead, Close Attack, Evasion, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip

Skills
Close Combat: Electro-Shock Gauntlets 6 (+11), Perception 2 (+6), Technology 6 (+5)

Powers
Electro-Shock Gauntlets (Removable)
. . Electric-Punch: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Penetrating 8, Secondary Effect [5 extra ranks])
. . . . Disruptor: Weaken 8 (Alternate; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Affects Objects)
. . . . Sapper
. . . . . . Affliction: Affliction 8 (Linked; 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18)
. . . . . . Weaken: Weaken 8 (Linked; Affects: Strength, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18)
. . . . Taze
. . . . . . Affliction: Affliction 8 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18)
. . . . . . Weaken: Weaken 8 (Linked; Affects: Agility, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18)
Exoskeleton
. . Immunity to Fortitude Effects
. . Protection: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Impervious)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
. . Senses: Senses 6 (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: sight 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Time Sense)
. . Super-speed (Advantages: Improved Initiative 2)
. . . . Quickness: Quickness 2 (Linked; Perform routine tasks in -2 time ranks)
. . . . Speed: Speed 2 (Linked; Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +13
Taze: Affliction 8, +12 (DC Fort 18)
Sapper: Affliction 8, +12 (DC Fort 18)
Disruptor: Weaken 8, +12 (DC Fort 18)
Electric-Punch: Strength-based Damage 3, +12 (DC 23)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +0 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 20)

Complications
Identity: Obvious Exoskeleton: Kid Bionic cannot remove his exoskeleton and it is not very concealable. Thus, he has no real secret identity.
Prejudice: Kid: Everyone sees him as just a kid, which can be difficult in social situations.
Relationship: Family Issues: Kid Bionic's family believes him to be dead. He struggles with whether to reveal to them that he is "alive".

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 81 + Advantages 5 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 133

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

hero4hire

Explorer
May I suggest with some of the extra points you Increase his Strength to 8 and instead of Damage 3 you just buy Strength Effect: Penetrating 8 and Secondary Effect 8 as you arrays base power? Math works out nicely there and gives him back some "Robotic Strength".

It actually almost pays for itself. Reducing the Device from 18pp to 15pp. Still gives you 14pp to buy back stuff you cut.

Insight

Adventurer
May I suggest with some of the extra points you Increase his Strength to 8 and instead of Damage 3 you just buy Strength Effect: Penetrating 8 and Secondary Effect 8 as you arrays base power? Math works out nicely there and gives him back some "Robotic Strength".

It actually almost pays for itself. Reducing the Device from 18pp to 15pp. Still gives you 14pp to buy back stuff you cut.

I think Hero Lab isn't calculating the construct stuff correctly. It's missing that KB starts with -5 Int and Pre. I had to buy those back. Abilities should be 42pp. I am showing KB at 153pp with the damage array fixed.

I'll adjust around to get him back to 150pp.

Reduced PRE to -3 and got rid of the 2 ranks in Perception. Should be at 150pp now.

hero4hire

Explorer
I think Hero Lab isn't calculating the construct stuff correctly. It's missing that KB starts with -5 Int and Pre. I had to buy those back. Abilities should be 42pp. I am showing KB at 153pp with the damage array fixed.

I'll adjust around to get him back to 150pp.

Reduced PRE to -3 and got rid of the 2 ranks in Perception. Should be at 150pp now.

Methinks the construct rules are confusing slightly. You get the 30 points back from the attributes brought to n/a which pays for the Immunity for Fort.

Herolab does it that way because it is probably easier then rewriting the program script for constructs. But the points balance the same.

Insight

Adventurer
Methinks the construct rules are confusing slightly. You get the 30 points back from the attributes brought to n/a which pays for the Immunity for Fort.

Herolab does it that way because it is probably easier then rewriting the program script for constructs. But the points balance the same.

That doesn't make any sense. I paid pp for everything and reduced for the -5 Fort, Int, and Pre. The calculations should equal out. I maintain that Hero Lab is not taking the Construct stuff into account. If you insist, I will find a way to spend more pp, but I really don't think I have any to spend.

hero4hire

Explorer
That doesn't make any sense. I paid pp for everything and reduced for the -5 Fort, Int, and Pre. The calculations should equal out. I maintain that Hero Lab is not taking the Construct stuff into account. If you insist, I will find a way to spend more pp, but I really don't think I have any to spend.
Okeydokey I will go over it the long way.

ABILITIES

STR 5 costs 10pp
STAM X gives back 10pp
AGI 5 costs 10pp
DEX 0 costs 0pp
FGH 5 costs 10pp
INT -1* gives back 2pp
AWAR 4 costs 8pp
PRE -3* gives back 6pp

This would cost you a total of 20 pp

OR

* Int and Pre chosen to start at (non-existent) from Construct (as opposed to Str and Agi). These have been bought up from (-5) using pp.

Then it does cost you 40pp BUT then you would not include the cost of your Immunity to Fortitude. Which would reduce the cost of your exoskeleton to 33pp not 63pp.

Either way you want to do it. The math is the same. You get 30 points back from have N/A attributes which pay for the 30 point cost of Immunity to Fort.
Go look at all the construct builds in the rulebooks you will confirm this is how it works.

Insight

Adventurer
You know what? This is making my head hurt. These are terrible rules. Or perhaps poorly explained.

[sblock=Trying to do the math before I kill myself]Kid Bionic should start as

STR 0
STAM -5 (-10pp)
AGI 0
DEX 0
FIGHT 0
INT -5 (-10pp)
AWARE 0
PRE -5 (-10pp)
for a total of -30pp

Let's add STR to +5:
STR 5 (10pp)
STAM -5 (-10pp)
AGI 0
DEX 0
FIGHT 0
INT -5 (-10pp)
AWARE 0
PRE -5 (-10pp)
for a total of -20pp

Let's add AGI to +5:
STR 5 (10pp)
STAM -5 (-10pp)
AGI 5 (10pp)
DEX 0
FIGHT 0
INT -5 (-10pp)
AWARE 0
PRE -5 (-10pp)
for a total of -10pp

Let's add FIGHT to +5:
STR 5 (10pp)
STAM -5 (-10pp)
AGI 5 (10pp)
DEX 0
FIGHT 5 (10pp)
INT -5 (-10pp)
AWARE 0
PRE -5 (-10pp)
for a total of 0pp

Let's add AWARE to 4:
STR 5 (10pp)
STAM -5 (-10pp)
AGI 5 (10pp)
DEX 0
FIGHT 5 (10pp)
INT -5 (-10pp)
AWARE 4 (8pp)
PRE -5 (-10pp)
for a total of 8pp

Let's add INT to -1:
STR 5 (10pp)
STAM -5 (-10pp)
AGI 5 (10pp)
DEX 0
FIGHT 5 (10pp)
INT -1 (-2pp)
AWARE 4 (8pp)
PRE -5 (-10pp)
for a total of 16pp

Let's add PRE to -3:
STR 5 (10pp)
STAM -5 (-10pp)
AGI 5 (10pp)
DEX 0
FIGHT 5 (10pp)
INT -1 (-2pp)
AWARE 4 (8pp)
PRE -3 (-6pp)
for a total of 20pp

OK. I guess now it makes sense.

[/sblock]

EDIT: All right. I guess KB does have more pp to spend. I should have just made a normal character.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Actually math-wise there is no difference in making a normal character with no stamina and immunity to fort. They just take and extra step of "selling back" their stats and then buying them again.

Remove ads