• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
RECRUITMENT POST

I'd like to open up this game to one or two new players. Again.

We've had a few recent dropouts, and I have too many NPCs, so I'd like to ask for a few new players.

The thread title is a joke because I felt I was probably running too many games at the time (probably still am). But this is a Tomb of Annihilation game. We've been at it for a few years and are currently on the 4th level of the titular tomb (it takes awhile just to get to the tomb).

If you are not familiar with the adventure (or in particular, if you played some of it but didn't make it to the Tomb), you'd be welcome to join us.

It's a little tricky to make characters for, because we are stuck in the Tomb.

You have your choice of characters from:
1) A surviving member of the Company of the Yellow Banner
- Choose this if you want to make your own Level 7 character from scratch. This would be a "rival" party that mostly died in the Tomb ahead of the current PCs (who are known as the "Bundle of Sticks" because they are individuals who are stronger together than apart. "Sticks" for short.
2) Qawasha - A human druid. He was an NPC guide, (on and off built as a PC but nevery really played as one). He hates undead and loves the jungle (and is devoted to Ubtao, the god of Chult). He's a bit stiff and formal, but if you want to play him, you can do what you like. (He's NOT a moon druid, though - he only recently learned to wild shape, due to changing from the NPC druid statblock to a PC one, and back again).
3) Ghorrak - An NPC "Thayan Orc Bodyguard" with a greatsword. You could stat him up just about however you like, but he ought to be able to protect those nearby and isn't a spellcaster. One odd thing about him, though: He's mute. He was terribly treated by his Thayan masters. Not much more is known about him.
4) Braapp (You can translate the name if you prefer) - An NPC Tabaxi "Hunter". He's childhood buddies with the other two Tabaxi in the party. Could be statted up as a Fighter, Ranger, or Rogue, but magic should probably remain low-key.

I warn you - the game's been moving slowly, but I'd like it if we could get it up to 2 or 3 posts a week from everyone.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
In the meantime, we can still keep going. @Kobold Stew; @Hades#2, I bumped you like two weeks ago and I don't think that either of you have posted still. I could be wrong. Anything you'd like to do, or is everyone just waiting to see if Ussal is dead?

Hades#2

Explorer
Sorry for the delay. Both my laptop and my tablet died so I was stuck using just the phone. I just got a new laptop yesterday and am still in the process of getting everything setup. I will get a quick post up shortly.

Remove ads