OOC - From the Outside

doghead

thotd
So, four players and six characters. Sounds like a good mix.

Till and RN, I will to get back to you with some stuff for Gemheart and Ahlgren shortly. In the meantime, have a look around the campaign wiki. There will be a test. Actually, there won't, but there will be something.

You might note that the section on Dwarves, and how they fit into the world, is quite thin. Or, in DW terms, a blank space ripe for filling.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Hrmm. Would I be able to auto-alert the spiders in exchange for not risking getting caught in the webs were Tristan to instead hack through them?

If so ...

Tristan picks his way toward the front of the keep. On approaching the first barrier web he slowly hefts his sword into the air, ready to chop through it like simple jungle growth. Just slowly enough for someone to perhaps object.

I struggled a bit to work out how to convey the situation clearly.

Tristan can just walk though the strands or step on them. They are not numerous enough or dense enough to hold him. They are there just to alert the spiders to anything that wonders into the courtyard, like tripwires.

If you want to call out the spiders, just cut or snag a few strands.

thotd

TillForPie

First Post
Ah, I see. Well, in that case Tristan will cut aside the webs as stated in my last post, but still with a suitable delay in case anyone thinks it's a disastrous idea or wants to prepare an attack.

doghead

thotd
[sblock=Background for Gemheart and Ahlgren.]Till, RN - This still needs work (but it was taking longer than expected, and I am struggling to find the time to finish it properly), so I decided to get it up so you have something to start on.

Gemheart and Ahlgren made their bargain with the Witching Troll some 2 months ago. The task they were given was quite similar to that given to the others; head to the area, find out what's going on (this bit needs work)

The meeting took place somewhere to the west. Allow about week of travel to get to the current region. About 3-4 days ago you received message from the witching troll advising you to seek out three more companions in Hengistead, a forest walker, a priest of the stone gods and a rogue.

The six weeks in between are yours to do with as you see fit. Where have you been? What have you been doing?

To reflect this, each of you gets the equivalent of a 10+ result on Discern Realities Move, giving you each three questions. You may ask about anything in the wiki, including the maps. You don't have to ask all three now, you may hold two questions for later if you wish.

Also, a couple of questions about dwarves. Where do they fit into the Universe? There is the World of the Fae, who have no gods. There is the World of Mortals, with their gods. There are those of the Fae, but not Fae, like the Elves (and maybe Orcs?), who are mortal, but who mostly live in the World of the Fae, and are closely tied to its magic. I tend to think that the dwarves are an older race than man, like the Fae. But unlike the Fae, they are less magical. Perhaps they are sort of anti-magical, more elemental maybe? Dragons beleive themselves to be elemental, born out of the chaos of creation. Anyway, you don't have to tie anything down, just interested to hear what you think, and what you think might be cool.[/sblock]

Note: Isida, GE, - the above is sblocked not because its secret squirrel stuff, but so that it you wish to to remain at arms length and discover it thorough IC play, you can.

thotd

TillForPie

First Post
Short, sturdy creatures fond of drink and industry. They need alcohol to get through the working day. They like working outdoors and grumble only mildly at inclement weather.

[video=youtube;ytWz0qVvBZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0[/video]

doghead

thotd
So quick clarification. Gatehouse, Courtyard, Keep. To get to the Keep (and its steps) from the Gatehouse (where you are now), you have to go through the Courtyard, which is where the web snares are.

Or do you mean taking up defensive positions in the Gatehouse tunnel (with the spider in the roof)? Tactically, it would be quite vulnerable, as the spiders could come at you from both the front through the courtyard, and from behind by going up and over the walls. And from above, of course. Which would be obvious to the characters, so I don't want to spring it on you.

Alternatives could be to go around the outside of the walls. There is one section that has collapsed somewhat, although there is evidence of spider habitation there. There are also a number of trees growing close to the walls, possibly allowing you to leap across, and in at least one place you have seen, vines and creepers have worked their way up the walls.

Or try and get up onto the walls through the Gatehouse.

Thats all I've got.

thotd

GlassEye

Adventurer
I meant the Keep. So, yeah, I was expecting to have to run the gauntlet first. I've got an event right after work tonight so it'll be a couple more hours before I can make an IC post...

Remove ads