OOC - From the Outside

GlassEye

Adventurer
I think this link leads to the Group and this one to the Wiki. I tried to search 'From the Outside' but the site said all terms were too common and discarded them all. I had to search 'doghead' under Wiki pages to find the pages.

EDIT: doghead has done a great job with the wiki.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
This should take you to the current group - http://www.enworld.org/forum/group.php?groupid=406

Alternatively, if you use the groups tab in the grey menu bar, it should take you to the groups page, and FTO should be there.

This is about the third iteration of the group (as I try to get the wiki associated to the group - unsuccessfully), so links posted earlier probably won't work.

The wiki link should be working. I just tried it and it seemed good.

Glad you like the wiki, GE. The plan is to add information as your characters travel around, meet people (such as a caravan of merchants :devil: ) and learn more about the world. Particularly as PbP is so slow, its easy to lose track of information. You should be able to edit it as well, so you can add your own observations and stuff.

thotd

Rubberneck

First Post
Hello everyone, I've shown much interest in this game and have talked to DogHead about possibly joining the group to make it a party of 6 like originally planned. He informed me that he'll be asking you guys how you feel about that. I've also came up with a character concept that I think would be fun to play.

My character's name is Ahlgren Kalaz he is a Dwarven Cleric from the same mercenary group as Gemheart. Ahlgren follows the teachings of Ozdure, the God of War. He stands about 4’8 175, thick with muscle and fat. He is adorned with a crimson robe that stops above the ankles, and chainmail can be seen through the opening in the front.

At first glance Ahlgren appears to be battle hardened Dwarf, with a large scar that runs across a now blind left eye. He has dark brown hair in the form of a mohawk and a short beard with intricate beadwork that stops just above his chest. He carries around with him a huge book, bound in leather with silver bindings. On the face of the book are jewels and a raised pattern of two crossed battle axes. This book hangs at Ahlgren’s side attached by thick chains to his belt. Most of his spare time is spent reading from the book.

As for his deal with the Witching Troll, Ahlgren, once was completely blind and his face hideously mamed after a battle. He spent his time with the mercenary group as a non combatant, giving words of wisdom and encouragement to his fellow mercenaries and shared the word of Ozdure. The Witching Troll gave everyone an opportunity to claim what they desired and most turned away. However Gemheart and Ahlgren remained. In return for a year and a day of service, Ahlgren was granted the ability to see out of one of his eyes and healed most of his face, a few scars remained of course. At the end of his service Ahlgren, was promised the use of his second eye as well.

Kalaz.jpg

GlassEye

Adventurer
The more the merrier, I say. I've enjoyed gaming with you in the nWoD game that TillforPie runs and I'm pretty sure you would bring good things to this game as well. I already see it: nice picture and excellent character concept! I hope we can work you in (and soon!).

Re: Current scene. I've got a post written for Trickle but I feel Isida should get his response first. If you feel otherwise, doghead, I'll go ahead and post.

doghead

thotd
So, I must confess to having pushed the question of recruiting to the back burner. Partially due to a lack of time, and partially because I wanted to run the current party through one encounter first before looking at the question of expanding the party.

As Rubberneck mentioned, I think 4-6 characters is the sweet spot. We currently have 4, with 2 more waiting in the wings. From my point of view, I am happy with either option, leaving things as they are or bringing the party up to 6. So over to you, let me know what you think.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Make time! ;) Personally, I feel three players is a hair under ideal. Adding Rubberneck would be a good thing (as I said above). I would even be willing to go down to one character if there were someone else who wanted to join us. I think integrating characters in after the spider battle would be pretty easy, particularly considering mentioned character histories and in game rumors.

Remove ads