[OOC] Horror High - Freshman Year

pathfinderq1

First Post
Okay...I'm feeling either a Strong/Fast/Battlemind, or a Strong/Tough/Shadow Slayer.

Not completely sure which would be moar fun.

I shall think on this. Character's coming together outside of that though.

As a lurker, I was hoping for a teenage version of Death Otter ;) (half-kidding, but still lurking).

Also, if you need any Belmont-ness, let me know- my sister-in-law lives in the next town over... ;) again

Macv12

First Post
Ah, I was close. Thanks for that.

Strong/Tough fits for me I think, and I've never played a bruiser or tanky type before. But I also kind of want to go Dedicated or Smart and repair motorcycles...maybe have some access to firearms through crime groups that my parents are TOTALLY NOT involved in. (After all, where's a poor immigrant to get silver bullets "just in case?") (You did mention "camp" I believe? Might be drifting more 80's actually...let me go watch TV over the weekend.) I'll pursue the latter if it sounds ok. Still open to tanking or the mentor guy depending on how the group looks.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I'm shooting for Whedon levels of camp (see Cabin in the Woods and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer). Not often delving in to the ridiculous, but with a sense of humor most of the time. But, also some heavy hitting drama and real scares as well.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, my Slayer idea is Strong/Tough, but there's no reason we can't both do that. We could wind up being rivals, trying to one-up each other. :)

Or I could go Strong/Fast...hmmm...

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Remember your choice of Occupation lets you take skills outside of your regular classes - for exmaple, [MENTION=6801600]Macv12[/MENTION] , if you took Blue Collar as your background, you'd have access to the Repair skill.

Macv12

First Post
Dramatic with mild sarcasm is my comfort zone. I'll find time over the weekend to watch some stuff and readjust my genre glasses for posting. Haven't watched anything from outside the 80's recently, I noticed.

Helpful tip with the occupations. I should probably go Rural actually, to fits the background I ended up with. Get Repair and something else from that, be Dedicated with shades of Fast. And I'll be ready with a crossbow when it's go time. I'll read up on vehicles in case the motorcycle thing actually works out.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
After some finagling, I think the Investigator is kinda my jam. I see him as a 'Golden Boy', an Athlete who's got the total package of smarts and ability. He was the talk of the town and his family was sure he was going to go Pro. In fact, he was All-American in college and was well on his way, but "something happened" one night, something he doesn't like to talk about... whatever it was, it completely changed his career track. He quit football and threw his efforts into becoming a Detective. Now a rookie cop, he's returned to Belmont to find out what _really_ happened that night, and what seems to KEEP happening to the kids around there...

Thinking maybe Smart/Dedicated or Smart/Charismatic with an Athlete background.

If there's a decided lack of females in the group, I'd be open to playing one, though I might need a different sport... Basketball, maybe, or Archery? :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'm planning on making a female. A student athlete in fact...with a shady past (considered Criminal background).

So having a cop around should provide interesting RP. :)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Sounds good so far! :) There may be a bit of a posting slowdown in the coming week for obvious reasons so, let's shoot for getting characters done and posted by Jan 2nd.

Remove ads