• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Junk Yard Dogs [Sage Edition Imperial Game]

Raylis

First Post
Othello C Sentis XA-2814
Alias: Tatooine Recon 814
Force Points: 6
Medium Human Male Solider 3
Init +8; Senses: Lowlight
Languages: Basic
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
Defenses: Fort 19, Ref 19, Will 15
Hit Points: 44 (d10) ;Threshold 19
Speed 6 squares
Melee +3
Ranged +6 (3d8+1) Blaster Rifle;
Ranged+5 (3d6+1) blaster pistol;
Ranged +5 Frag Grenade (4d6+2, 2 square burst)
Base Attack +3; Grapple +4
Special Actions:

Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9

Talents: Devastating Attack (rifles), Battle Analysis

Feats: Vehicular Combat, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (rifles), Coordinated Attack

Skills: Pilot +8, Initiative +8, Mechanics +7, Perception +10, Knowledge (tactics) +7

Experience: 3,000

Height: 1.7m
Weight: 68.0kg
Hair: black
Eyes: hazel

Appearance:
While on duty (and sometimes when off duty) 814 wears the standard issued stormtrooper armor, blaster and grenades. When off duty he dresses in simple tan breeches and a white linen shirt. His features strongly resemble a Mandalorian features, but his light eyes betray a mixed "heritage"

Background:
Order 66 turned the Clone Troopers from loyal soldiers of the Jedi into soldiers loyal only to Palpatine. The plan was executed perfectly, the empire was formed and the Jedi were eliminated. In the aftermath of the order it was discovered that while the Clone Troopers followed the order unquestioningly and attacked their former comrades-some of them felt remorse about doing so.

Those in charge of the sciences in the empire strove to combat this problem, and create an more perfect solider, one that would kill on command and await its next order. So they took a few Clone Troopers and sampled their blood, and blended it with blood of humans from various empire worlds to retain the Clone Trooper loyalty and bleed out the remorse.

Stormtrooper 814 was one of the successful products of the experiment. 814 displayed the loyalty without remorse that the scientists had strived for, and also showed an aptitude toward vehicular operation.

Personality:
Stromtrooper 814 has been conditioned (some could say programmed) to follow the orders of his superiors without question or regret. Although simple minded in this regard he has displayed knowledge of both tactics and mechanics. He's quiet, prefering to listen and follow orders then to make small talk or socialize. While off duty he spends his time keeping his weapons in prime condition and maintaining/restoring various vehicles on the base. He has been known to occasionally go hunting with others stationed at the Tatooine base, mostly to keep up on his marksmanship, and has purchased a sporting blaster rifle for such occassions.

His current off duty projects include restoring a landspeeder and constructing a jetpack.

Quote: “Orders Sir!”

Equipment:
Stormtrooper Armor (issued), Blaster rifle (issued), blaster pistol (issued), frag grenade (4) (issued), utility belt with medpac (issued)

Blaster Rifle, Sporting (800)

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ooc - JYD's

Voda Droids get starting credits according to the class. So 3d4 x 250. If you are building a custom droid, you will get the full 3 levels. Choosing a Droid type is like choosing a race - it will give you ability score modifiers. BTW, as a droid you have no Con score, so use a 25 point build.

Blood No problem. I can help out with the crunch. I'm sure some of the others will jump in as well if you have questions. So give us what you can, and we'll go from there. If you build the character around a regular Storm-trooper, that would give me the perfect grouping.

Einan Sure, scout armour should be fine. The personal speeder bike is OK, but it won't be the military model. See below.

James Nice background. It has given me an idea as to how I will slot her in, but I might hold off until I see how the other characters shape up. I like the quote.

How attached are you to the idea of an ISB officer? I'd like to set up your character and Shaggy's as counter-weights. Both being ISB would change things a bit. I was thinking Imperial Army. Much of the rest could be essentially the same. As for the force training, perhaps something along the lines of a Imperial Army counter to the Shadow-trooper program. The Army probably wouldn't risk its noble born with such a program, but completion came with promotion to the ranks of the officer corps. The way I see it, the storm-trooper program tends to take people young enough, say 7-12, to be moulded appropriately. And once in, you are in for life.

Raylis Nice. See below.

Storm-trooper Designations and other stuff

DESIGNATIONS

Been thinking about Storm-trooper naming or designation conventions. This is what I've come up with. What do you think?

Upon the completion of basic, Troopers are allocated a class. Class A would be (roughly) the standard 25 point build, Class B a 28 point build, Class C a 30, Class D a 32. There may well be others, like Class F for Force Sensitive. The bulk of troopers would be class A. Troopers can apply to be re-classified once every 4 years.

I also think that there would be a number of breeding and training facilities (nests, warrens?). Especially for genetically engineered troopers. Within each storm-trooper designation there will be some reference to the class and warren, as well as their warren designation. Finally, most troopers do have names. With the influx of non-cloned or gene-ered troopers, it became something of a necessity. besides, the Troopers were already starting to adopt their own, somewhat random, ones. i.e. Lincoln C Sentis XA-2213, with Lincoln being the trooper's name and Sentis its Warren.

To confuse things more, each storm-trooper is assigned a unit designation upon being posted. This would usually be the unit designation and a number number. This is the designation by which troopers would be referred to on a day to day basis, although usually abbreviated where possible
i.e. 'Tantooine Recon 581' or 'Recon 581' or just '581'.

This designation would also change if the trooper was re-assigned to a different unit.

STUFF

Storm-troopers do have down time. They don't spend every waking hour geared up and working. On the other hand, they tend to have little in the way of personal property. They live on base. They don't have families.

What do you see your character as doing out-of-hours? What do you see them wearing?

doghead
aka thotd

Voda Vosa

First Post
Voda Droids get starting credits according to the class. So 3d4 x 250. If you are building a custom droid, you will get the full 3 levels. Choosing a Droid type is like choosing a race - it will give you ability score modifiers. BTW, as a droid you have no Con score, so use a 25 point build.

The funny thing is in the core book, it didn't say any of this I'm afraid. Could you facilitate me the material from where you take that information? For example, it didn't said anywhere that I could make a custom droid. Or that droids didn't have a constitution score.

James Heard

Explorer
doghead said:
James Nice background. It has given me an idea as to how I will slot her in, but I might hold off until I see how the other characters shape up. I like the quote.

How attached are you to the idea of an ISB officer? I'd like to set up your character and Shaggy's as counter-weights. Both being ISB would change things a bit. I was thinking Imperial Army. Much of the rest could be essentially the same. As for the force training, perhaps something along the lines of a Imperial Army counter to the Shadow-trooper program. The Army probably wouldn't risk its noble born with such a program, but completion came with promotion to the ranks of the officer corps. The way I see it, the storm-trooper program tends to take people young enough, say 7-12, to be molded appropriately. And once in, you are in for life.
I'd rather her not be an indoctrinated storm trooper if possible, I think if you're wanting agency priority clashing it would be simpler for me to rewrite her as having stayed in I2. In that capacity the force training would become less of a "secret weapon" and more of a "by any means necessary" agent field training.

Raylis

First Post
doghead said:
Raylis Nice. See below.

Storm-trooper Designations and other stuff

DESIGNATIONS

Been thinking about Storm-trooper naming or designation conventions. This is what I've come up with. What do you think?

Upon the completion of basic, Troopers are allocated a class. Class A would be (roughly) the standard 25 point build, Class B a 28 point build, Class C a 30, Class D a 32. There may well be others, like Class F for Force Sensitive. The bulk of troopers would be class A. Troopers can apply to be re-classified once every 4 years.

I also think that there would be a number of breeding and training facilities (nests, warrens?). Especially for genetically engineered troopers. Within each storm-trooper designation there will be some reference to the class and warren, as well as their warren designation. Finally, most troopers do have names. With the influx of non-cloned or gene-ered troopers, it became something of a necessity. besides, the Troopers were already starting to adopt their own, somewhat random, ones. i.e. Lincoln C Sentis XA-2213, with Lincoln being the trooper's name and Sentis its Warren.

To confuse things more, each storm-trooper is assigned a unit designation upon being posted. This would usually be the unit designation and a number number. This is the designation by which troopers would be referred to on a day to day basis, although usually abbreviated where possible
i.e. 'Tantooine Recon 581' or 'Recon 581' or just '581'.

This designation would also change if the trooper was re-assigned to a different unit.

STUFF

Storm-troopers do have down time. They don't spend every waking hour geared up and working. On the other hand, they tend to have little in the way of personal property. They live on base. They don't have families.

What do you see your character as doing out-of-hours? What do you see them wearing?

doghead
aka thotd

That's what I had in mind when I just gave him the Designation of 814. I like the naming convention...I'll do a bit of editing later tonight.

doghead

thotd
ooc - JYD's

Voda said:
The funny thing is in the core book, it didn't say any of this I'm afraid.

Yes it does. Perhaps you are thinking of the old d20 Star Wars game. We are using the new Saga rules for this game. First printing May 2007.

Voda said:
Could you facilitate me the material from where you take that information?

Sure.

Voda said:
For example, it didn't said anywhere that I could make a custom droid.

OPTION 1: PLAYING A CUSTOM DROID
You can play a droid of your own design.
* Page 186 *

Voda said:
Or that droids didn't have a constitution score.

Determining Ability Scores
Droid characters determine their ability scores the same way non-droid characters do. However, droid characters do not have Constitution scores because they are not actually living beings.
* Page 186 *

The standard Planned Generation gives 25 points for ability generation to non-droid characters, and 21 to droid characters. I have upped those to 30 and 25 respectively.

James Sorry, I wasn't very clear. My point was that as those who enter the Storm-trooper program rarely leave, it didn't seem in keeping with what you were looking for. I2 would work. I was suggesting regular Imperial Army (the human in uniforms, driving AT AT's on Hoth and such) as opposed to the Storm-troopers. But either or.

Raylis Glad that you liked it.

doghead
aka thotd

James Heard

Explorer
doghead said:
James Sorry, I wasn't very clear. My point was that as those who enter the Storm-trooper program rarely leave, it didn't seem in keeping with what you were looking for. I2 would work. I was suggesting regular Imperial Army (the human in uniforms, driving AT AT's on Hoth and such) as opposed to the Storm-troopers. But either or.
Ah, I see (I think). My point was never to make her a stormtrooper, but to have her attached which was the only way I could think of to connect her to some of the other characters. Ultra loyal vat/children of the corn soldier she's not. :D I think I'd like to keep her I2, a member of the "old" Republican intelligence service-turned-Imperial as opposed to the newer ISB.

doghead

thotd
discussion - JYD's

OK, we have three pretty much ready to go (Einan, James and Raylis), and two under construction (Blood and Voda) and one at concept stage (Shaggy). I'm going to give it 48 more hours, then start with those ready to roll. The others will have to wait for the next opening.

Voda No problems. Give me what you can, and I will help out with the rest. If in doubt, use conventional d20 stuff and I can give you the conversions where necessary. Its pretty similar.

doghead
aka thotd.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I am going to be traveling across country for the next two weeks. It is needless to say that I will be without internet acess during the trip. However, I am very much interesting in participating in this game. I will try to get as much in as I can before I go, although it might be easier to just wait till the next window. Your choice.

-Blood

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads