OOC - Krauss' Age of Worms Adventure Path [Full]

silentspace

First Post
I'd like to join as well.

Majakilar

Concept: Majakilar is an orphaned peasant, a son of destitute serfs. With few prospects, he joined the mines at Diamond Lake along with the other serfs. Constantly covered in dirt and grime from the mines, Majakilar nonetheless possesses an easy charm. He projects confidence and grace, and is easily approachable. He is popular among the miner women, and even some of the wealthy women smile at him as he passes.

While other serfs dream of becoming great warriors or sorcerers, Majakilar finds himself drawn in two directions at once. A worshipper of Ehlonna, Maj dreams of entering her service as a paladin of freedom. But he also dreams of magic, and feels... senses... the hint of sorcerous power in his veins. He is careful, though often messy. He is bold, but rarely rude. He speaks plainly, and doesn't beat around the bush much. He often finds himself in the position where he speaks for the other miners to the overseers.

The overseers are wary of him. When not working, Majakilar is often seen in the center of a group of miners, who gather around him to talk and joke about their work and lives. When the overseers walk by, the miners stop their talking and laughing and fall silent. The overseers glare at Majakilar, as if he were plotting a revolt. And secretly, Majakilar feels a revolt is needed, but he dares not even joke about it. The miners have families, they have too much to lose. But if there was a way Majakilar could bring a better life to these people, without endangering them in the process, he is determined to do so.

Recently Susana, a travelling bard came to ply her trade in Diamond Lake. Though the small town was not good for earnings, she took a liking to Majakilar and ended up staying in the drab, depressing mining town for several weeks. Majakilar spent every non-working moment with her, sharing stories and laughter. Susana wanted Majakilar to leave with her, but even though he had no real ties to Diamond Lake, he felt his purpose was somehow connected to this place and these people. In the end Susana left, but pressed into Majakilar's hand a finely wrought platinum ring. While it was nothing compared to the baubles worn by the wealthy folk of the town, it was worth far more than Majakilar had ever hoped to save in his lifetime. He keeps it with him always, hidden on a string under his work clothes. When the time is right, he will sell it and buy some weapons and armor, some adventuring gear, and strive to make Diamond Lake a better place.

Race/Class: starting as a Human Paragon.
Possible Advancement: paladin of freedom, sorcerer
Possible Prestige Classes: eldritch knight, spellsword

Description: Despite his shockingly white hair and light grey eyes, Majakilar's skin is a deep olive. He is 6'-1" tall, with a muscular yet lean build. He's quite handsome, and quick to smile.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Raging Epistaxis said:
So the submissions so far consist of:
Human Paragon(?!)/Warmage(?!) (Thanee) - I assume a Sorc type char

Yes, Warmage is a Sorcerer type class from Complete Arcane, but they have a little more freedom (no spells known, can cast their whole class list spontaneously), however, this comes with the catch of a rather heavily restricted class list, which only really has damaging spells plus a few select other combat spells.

Human Paragon is a 3-level "human" class. It's not so much of a class, but more some kind of racial progression for humans, adding on their versatility somewhat and underlining typical human features that way.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Raging Epistaxis said:
Whurhak Azten (prefers to be referred to by his clan name)
Race/Class: Dwarven Cleric of Kord - Domains: Good, Strength

Advancement: May lean towards Dwarven Defender as things advance, or stick with Cleric

Just a little note... Dwarven Defender is impossible for a Cleric of Kord, because of the alignment conflict.

But sticking with Cleric isn't such a bad idea, anyways. :)

Bye
Thanee

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Thanee said:
Yes, Warmage is a Sorcerer type class from Complete Arcane, but they have a little more freedom (no spells known, can cast their whole class list spontaneously), however, this comes with the catch of a rather heavily restricted class list, which only really has damaging spells plus a few select other combat spells.

Human Paragon is a 3-level "human" class. It's not so much of a class, but more some kind of racial progression for humans, adding on their versatility somewhat and underlining typical human features that way.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee,

Are the rules for Human Paragon found in Races of Destiny? I'm having some trouble tracking that one down.

edit: Never mind, found it in Unearthed Arcana. For some reason, UA isn't included in the DnDIndex, so I actually had to look for it the old fashioned way! (Shows how much I've come to depend on that excellent resource).

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I'm considering joining in.

Would giant from Arcana Unearthed be OK for race and their racial class (3 levels ending with them becoming size large and some stat bonuses) then probably going for some martial class/prestige class to follow up.

Since this is Greyhawk and not AU I was thinking of modifying the race history either so that giant is an uncommon race in the WoG or making it be character specific (storm giant blood manifesting, some chaos magic affected him at some point, or a different explanation).

If so I will post the giant race and class mechanics here.

Voadam

Legend
Giant Racial Traits
[SBLOCK]• The giants’ massive physique grants them prodigious
strength, but makes them less nimble than other creatures, so
they enjoy a +2 racial bonus to Strength but suffer a –2 racial
penalty to Dexterity.
• Giants. Unlike most other races, giants are not humanoid in
type, but Giant.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, giants have no special bonuses
or penalties due to their size. Giants can grow to be very
large, however.
• Giant base speed is 30 feet.
• Giants are wise in the ways of dealing with others, earning
them a +2 racial bonus to Diplomacy and Sense Motive skill
checks.
• Giants enjoy a +2 racial bonus to all Craft skill checks.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Giant.
• Bonus Languages: Any.
• Racial Levels: Unlike humans and some other races, giants
can take a few levels in “giant” as a class to become more
giantish.
Giant Levels
Giants can take up to three levels in “giant” at any time. Each level
represents the character showing her worth and undertaking one
of the Shu-Rin ceremonies that triggers giant growth and maturation.
Not all giants, by any means, take racial levels (or all three of
them).
As giants gain racial levels, they grow a few inches, and become
stronger, tougher, and wiser. At the third level of giant, they attain
size Large and grow to around 10 feet tall. When a giant becomes
Large, she gains a 10-foot reach but suffers a –1 size penalty to
Armor Class and attack rolls. When giants grow to this greater
size, because the change is magical, their gear also changes to an
appropriate size.
Hit Die: 1d10
Skill Points at 1st Character Level: (2+ Intelligence bonus) × 4
Skill Points at Higher Levels: 2+ Intelligence bonus
“Class” Skills: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha),
Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (ceremony) (Int),
Perform (ballad) (Cha), Perform (storytelling) (Cha), and Sense
Motive (Wis). For more information on these skills, see Monte
Cook’s Arcana Unearthed.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Giants with levels only in giant
(no actual class levels) are proficient in the use of all simple
weapons and light armors and shields.

Giant Base Fortitude Reflex Will
Level Attack Bonus Save Save Save Special
1 +0 +2 +0 +0 +1 Strength, +1 Wisdom
2 +1 +3 +0 +1 +1 Wisdom, +1 Constitution
3 +2 +3 +1 +1 +1 Strength, +1 Constitution, increase to Large size[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Voadam said:
I'm considering joining in.

Would giant from Arcana Unearthed be OK for race and their racial class (3 levels ending with them becoming size large and some stat bonuses) then probably going for some martial class/prestige class to follow up.

Since this is Greyhawk and not AU I was thinking of modifying the race history either so that giant is an uncommon race in the WoG or making it be character specific (storm giant blood manifesting, some chaos magic affected him at some point, or a different explanation).

If so I will post the giant race and class mechanics here.

Hey, Voadam.

I'm open to this idea. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any troublesome issues down the road with a Large size PC, but I'm sure any such obstacles could be surmounted.

I'd prefer such a character be singular and unique, rather than part of a fully developed race (even an uncommon one). One of the explanatory ideas you mentioned would work well.

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
I was under the impression that a cleric could be within one step of the alignment of the patron deity.

PHB pg 30 said:
Typically, a cleric is the same alignment as his deity, though some clerics are one step away from their respective deities in alignment.
Dwarven defender must be Lawful, Kord is Chaotic Good, so a Lawful Good dwarf would work... No?
Up to the DM to allow or not. I'm fine either way, I have other ideas I can work up.

R E

Thanee

First Post
Lawful good is two steps from chaotic good -> neutral good -> lawful good.

Just telling you how it is meant. Anything is, of course, up to the DM. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads