[OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

Voda Vosa

First Post
Dr. Kaltzov

Vladimir Kaltzov, born son of one of the daughter of Grigori Rasputin, came to this world with something more in his head than the rest. He became a renown scientist during the time of the Czars, but when the rebellion exploded in his homeland, he was forced to flee his nation. His career and main findings were about the nature of chaos. It was when his travels took him to North America that he was financed by the government, and made several breakthroughs. However, the anti-Russian policy of the USA, made him hide most of his secrets to himself. He slowly became weary of people around him, and his lack of trust was mutual, the government withdrew its support and tried to jail the Russian scientist under the charges of conspiracy against justice and freedom. What the present administration wanted was to take the discoveries of Kaltzov.
Aware of that, Dr. Kaltzov employed his high technology and his knowledge in the construction of two powerful devices, to protect himself: Kaltzov's Chaos Disruptor and Kaltzov's Entropic magnifier. The first was a techno-glove, it has all type of wires and vials of liquid, and bubble and boil when the several functions are started. The glove can disrupt entropy, as its name states. It can disrupt gravity, disrupt matter, and even disrupt the continuity of space-time, effectively teleporting the wearer. The second invention is another glove-like apparatus, this is bigger and less manipulable. It can create a field of entropy, disrupting the structure of anything that comes through it. It can also be used to create shield that allows the wearer to breath normally, blocks mental intrusions, and deflects incoming attacks.
With his inventions, Kaltzov got his founding from banks, but not in the usual way, he broke into them and stole the money. His plans ranged from global domination to masses control, overthrown government, and simply spread chaos all around.
His twisted plans were spoiled several times, by Batman, and other heroes, but recently, his master plan was foiled by a group of heroes. Dr. Chaos, as he was widely known, had built a giant version of his Kaltzov's Chaos Disruptor. Once it was opperational, the device could simply phase entire buildings into any other locations in the solar system. It could disintegrate entire armies into nothingness, create fields of gravity so strong that it could compact entire cities, like if they were crushed under a colossal invisible foot.
Batman and several other heroes arrived to the hidden facilities of Dr. Chaos, and defeated all his minions and mercenaries, along with some supervillians he had recruited. In the last second, Batman managed to take Dr. Chaos's devices out with a nullifying apparatus, and the heroes destroyed the gigantic Chaos Disruptor, while it was charging power to phase out itself away from danger. In the explosion, the entire facilities were destroyed, but the people inside were teleported to random locations. Chaos found himself alone in the middle of Gotham city. Batman and the other heroes were gone, no one knows where.
Kaltzov cackled, at least his defeat had shed some hope. But this organization, SHADOW started a war against the criminal organizations in Gothan city, and he was also a target of their attacks.
Knowing better, Dr. Chaos felt that the defeat of Batman was not so good for him as he would initially thought. Perhaps if he helped the heroes of the city in destroying SHADOW, he could resume his plans without their constant interruption!

rasputin-716378.jpg

Code:
Points summary												
Abilities	Combat	Saves	Skills	Feats	Powers	Drawback	Total					
18		0	9	18	22	72	-4		135					

PL	9	135										

Abilities	Pts	Score	Bonus									
Strength: 	0	10	0									
Dexterity: 	4	14	2									
Constitution: 	6	16	3									
Intelligence: 	8	18	4									
Wisdom: 	0	10	0									
Charisma: 	0	10	0									

Combat								
Attack: Melee: +0 ; Ranged: +3; Kaltzov's Chaos bender (Blast): +9								
Damage: Melee: +0 ; Ranged: +9 (Blaster rifle); Kaltzov's Chaos bender(Blast): +9								
Grapple: +0									
Defense: +0; Kaltzov's shield generator: +9									
Initiative: 2								

Saves		Ranks	Abi	Power	Bonus								
Toughness 	0	0	9	9								
Fortitude	2	3	0	5								
Reflex		3	2	0	5								
Will		4	0	0	4								

Skills                               	Bonus	Ranks	PS									
Acrobatics                      	2	0	0									
Bluff                                	0	0	0									
Climb                             	0	0	0									
Computers                         	14	10	2.5									
Concentration                   	4	4	1									
Craft                                 	14	10	2.5									
Diplomacy                         	0	0	0									
Disable Device                     	14	10	2.5									
Disguise                           	0	0	0									
Drive                                	4	2	0.5									
Escape Artist                     	2	0	0									
Gather Inf                      	0	0	0									
Handle Animal                    	0	0	0									
Intimidate                      	0	0	0									
Investigate                     	14	10	2.5									
Knowledge                       	14	10	2.5									
Language                        	0	0	0									
Medicine                        	4	4	1									
Notice                             	4	4	1									
Perform                          	0	0	0									
Pilot                                 	2	0	0									
Profession                      	0	0	0									
Ride                                  	2	0	0									
Search                             	12	8	2									
Sense Motive                      	0	0	0									
Sleight of Hand                   	2	0	0									
Stealth                             	2	0	0									
Survival                           	0	0	0									
Swim                                	0	0	0									

Feats			Ranks/PS											
Defensive attack	1											
Accurate attack		1											
Improved aim		1											
Ranged Pin		1												
Master Plan		1											
Power attack		1											
Precise shot		2											
Quickdraw		2											
Assesment		1											
Attack specialization	4											
Attack focus (ranged)	1											
Teleport(Turnover)	1											
Teleport(Change vel.)	1											
Equipment		4											

Powers								Rank	PS/Rnk?	PS									
-Kaltzov's Chaos bender(45pp)					9	4	36									
Gravity control 						9	2	(18)									
Teleport 							5	2	(10)									
Blast 								9	2	(18)									
-Kaltzov's shield generator (45pp)				9	4	36									
Shield 								9	1	(9)									
Protection 							9	2	(18)									
Immunity (suffocation(2), Gravity (2), Bullets (5))		9	1	(9)									
Mind Shield 							9	1	(9)									

Drawback	Extra points											
Evil side	4											

Equipment		Cost	Bonus										
Laptop			1											
Camara			1											
Com-link		1											
Night vision googles	1											
Parabolic microphone	1											
Binoculars		1											
Blaster rifle		16	has +8 dmg

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, perhaps his background covers the banishment of Batman and the other heroes, don't know if you have something planned for that, if so I'll edit; if not, I think it is as a good story as any other.
So yes, my guy is more a self serving character than a true hero.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I have a rough idea, but I need to rework Durzo first. I am still on my weekend schedule with it being a holiday weekend for me. But I am thinking of a chick with wings, fallen angel type.
Narissa.png

Probably focus more on skills and mundane feats rather than powers. For the chains idea, probably make it a Device.

Since we are playing good guys are we supposed to make our powers and attacks non-lethal or does that not matter?

Voda Vosa

First Post
knightemplar: I would lower her STR and CON:
STR: 26 CON: 26 if you get each at 16, you get 40 more power points to work with. Buy some striking power and attack focus to get the same bonus in combat and use the extra points for more feats or pump up those low defenses.

knightemplar

Explorer
I was keeping them at that level as a mini-brick just on the chance we dont get a regular brick. If we get a regular brick, I can decrease and increase the powers some more.

I would like to increase flight though up to about level 3. I was thinking about using wings, but since the picture does not show it, I shied away from it.

jkason

First Post
I've tried a couple M&M games, though they all died out fairly early on, so I'd be interested if there's still openings. Actually, mention of a 'brick' actually has me thinking. Maybe a bodyguard or thug type with a lot of high defenses...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay got a rough draft of the build done.
Breakdown: (135 PP Total)
Abilities: 26
Saves: 13
Skills: 15
Combat: 8
Powers: 42 (43-1 Drawback)
Feats: 31

NarissaFace.png

Fallen Angel

I am not sure if some of those bonuses to Attack are going to be allowed without busting the PL cap, particularly for Defensive Strike and Improved Opportunity, plus the Devices bonuses on Disarming and Tripping.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I have a character building excel spreadsheet I've made for M&M. If anyone wants it I can share it with you. You'll probably have to figure some things out, but it's mostly self explanatory.
The sheet I posted is made with it, and saved as a text file with tabulations.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
... so we've got a witch, a mad scientist, and a fallen angel as submissions so far? Wow...

I've been watching Justice League cartoons and thought up this mish-mash of concepts. I see a battlesuit, stylized with many curves, modeled after ancient Greek armor. The "chariot" is a transformable motorcycle, similar to a Robotech Cyclone. I see a little bit of Ghost Rider or Moon Knight, and maybe even making him/her Atlantean. I kinda see the whole mess looking like something out of Tron, complete with glowing lines and the sleekness of the cycles. Perhaps I'll focus on making him/her a weapon master instead of blasts all over the place as well as having decent hand-to-hand.

So, I envision a 'bounty hunter', a not-so-heroic hero(ine?) who hunts down criminals (or whoever) for cash.

Last edited:

Remove ads