[OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

Voda Vosa

First Post
1) You have assigned 5 points to each attack and Defense. Take all of them out. each point in attack costs you 2 power points. Spending one power point in attack feats can give you: +1 attack with melee or ranged weapons, or +2 for a particualr weapon.
If you use Shield power, it costs 1 point each rank, and you treat the ranks in shield as Defense bonus.

2) Yeah but that's too muchs STR! see how many points are you wasting on it.

3) Ditto

4) Ditto too.

About equipment I used feat points for the equipment. It's the standard procedure.

Check the other posted characters for reference.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
1) +1 doesn't seem like a whole lot given that you don't get Str or Dex bonuses to hit anymore.

2) How is it "too much" Str? Is there even such a thing when we're dealing with Superheroes? Still, if I did drop it to a respectable 20, that would give me a few extra points.

3) Immunity 9 is implying that the suit is sealed for protection against environmental hazards. I guess in a city-based campaign it's not THAT important, but it's not UN-important, either.

4) Again, I don't see the issue. If my points aren't going into powers, they might as well go into stats.

And, please, could I get some more input from some of the other players? I really need a 360 view of this thing. I found an alternate way to make the character using the Device feat, but how high are you allowed to put a power?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
After re-reading the other characters, I think I'm "getting it". It's not that my character is built "wrong", but it's more 4-color than grim and gritty, and it looks like that's the tone that everyone else is trying to set.

That's ok, too. I had a mecha/"The Shield" kind of game I wanted to run that never got on paper... I tink I'm gonna try using that for inspiration and completely rework the character. The suit is going to be just a "physical enhancement" suit that is also a mecha, but the real deal comes from her weapon skills.

The irony is that I joined Supers to get away from fantasy, and I'll be designing a fantasy-themed super. lulz

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ahh, I was liking your idea. The Cyclones in Robotech were kinda cool. Somebody has to be four-colorish for balance.

I can make my background more friendly :)
NarissaManga.jpg

{BTW, Still haven't heard from WD yet regarding my alignment question}

On feedback, instead on putting heavy points into Combat, do like VV said. Use some Feats like Attack Specialization and Dodge.

Use Accuracy property for your Device to increase its specific attacks with out drawing further on your totals. If he/she is going to be really mobile in combat, maybe you should focus on the ranged attack almost exclusively. Take the feats for firing into melee and let the others take care of fighting hand-to-hand.

Far as I know you can spend as much as you want on your device. Since that's your main thing, might as well use it. I think you can even use the Suit to boost your Saves and Combat that way. Spending points from a different pool. Only think you cannot do is spend the Device's points on another Device.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm still doing the Cyclone. I guess I'm just trying to keep "the big reveal til my character is 100% the way I want it".

My Cyclone is going to have a built in sword and shield, and I'd like her to use a big ol' polearm as well. I'm going to call her "The Shieldmaiden". Damn I wish I could draw... it'd be so much easier than trying to imagine what I want and explaining it.

Still, re-tinkering is needed. Where is our GM?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Earlier today Walking Dad mentioned something about Internet Connection issues in our other M&M game as he posted a sentence or two. I think he will be back to normal in about 48 hours.

Go with a gun and you can steal a picture from the Robotech series. :p
<<Oh that's right you don't like guns, prefer to get in close. lol>>

Voda Vosa

First Post
There surely are plenty of robots with swords from the unlimited amount of Japanese cartoons around.

WD said he'll be back to normal in two days.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After all of the looking through the books I have been doing I think everything is correct on my latest revision. I tweeked the Fallen Angel some more. I am using some feats from Warriors and Warlocks and the Masterminds Manual. Since I got those sources recommended from WD originally, I am assuming they will be allowed.

Cost Breakdown:
22 - Abilities
16 - Saves
17 - Skills
00 - Combat (yes, zero)
42 - Powers
38 - Feats

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Ok, here we go again...

(16 pp)
Str 10 0,0
Dex 12 +1, 2
Con 14 +2, 4
Int 14 +2, 4
Wis 16 +3, 6
Cha 10 0,0

(0 pp) Attack +0, Defense +0

(20 pp) Toughness +5, 5
Fort +3, 3
Reflex +6, 6
Wil +6, 6

(16 pp) Acrobatics 8, Drive 8, Investigate 8, Notice 8, Profession: Officer 8, Search 8, Sense Motive 8, Survival 8

(22 pp) Acrobatic Bluff 1, Attack Focus (Melee) 5, Attack Focus (Ranged) 5, Benefit: Security Clearance 1, Elusive Target 1, Evasion 1, Improved Block 1, Improved Disarm 1, Jack of All Trades 1, Precise Shot 1, Takedown Attack 2, Track 2, Weapon Bind 1

Battle Suit:

(8 pp) Body Armor: Device 2 (Hard to Lose), Protection 5

Motorcycle:

(53 pp)
Device 13 [60 pts] (49) (hard to lose; Power Feat: Restricted (only people wearing 'linked' body armor)
(4) Communication 4 (radio, 1 mile)
(9) Vehicle: Str 15, Speed 5, Defense 10, Toughness 8, Size Medium (Power Feat: Alt Power)
(42) AP (Linked): Leaping 3 (3), Protection 5 (10), Speed 1 (1), Deflect 5 (10), Enhanced Str +10 (10), Super-Senses 8 [darkvision, direction sense, distance sense, infrared, radio, time sense, track 2] (8).
(5) Plasma 5

Last edited:

Remove ads