[OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I see your point. I was aware that while invisible, she is pretty much letting others take all the risk.

I need to re-look at her concept in general and take a look at the archetypes and see if something better comes to mind. The original character I based Octavia on is alive in another game (PF now) and is much more fun as an evil character on a site without worrying about language restrictions.

Octavia is having trouble being a watered down version trying to be more lawful neutral.

Assuming Jkason and Herobizkit are still in, are you going to try recruiting 1-2 more?

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, I would like to have 4-5 players.

I will start a recruiting thread once it is clear how many more players are needed.
Hope their will be still some interest, as 3rd edition has been already released.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I would like to be in. I'm largely unfamiliar with the ruleset - do I have to re-create the concept from scratch using Savage Worlds rules? (Note it took me, like, two months to finalize the point buy for my first attempt.)

Walking Dad

First Post

All, I want to adapt (with some small changes) the Necessary Evil campaign (Savage Worlds) to M&M 2nd.

I would like to be in. I'm largely unfamiliar with the ruleset - do I have to re-create the concept from scratch using Savage Worlds rules? (Note it took me, like, two months to finalize the point buy for my first attempt.)

No, we will stay M&M 2nd, but I thought to use maybe a higher PL...
I will wait and see what the others are interested in.

Just waiting for [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] 's answer. I think he will be back soon.

jkason

First Post
Apologies. I picked up a nasty chest cold during my trip, which has made focusing a real challenge. Trying to catch up now.

I like Brick, but I have to say I'm not sure I'm up for an evil game, myself. It's interesting in concept, and I think most folks' concepts lend themselves to it as a natural outgrowth of this game, but I don't know that it's for me. I had trouble getting my head around it when I tried it in VV's evil game, and I think in the end it might be it's just not my 'thing,' as it were.

Oddly enough, I just created a morally ambiguous character for your other game. If it makes sense, though, playing a 'spoiler' in a heroic game is a bit different to me than a game full of that kind of character?

Walking Dad

First Post
Small spoiler:

In a world overrun by hostile aliens, everyone who fights them is 'good'. The campaign even assumes/encourages that the characters start to like the new role and the support of the people enough to, at the end, maybe become the new heroes of the world.

I would like the characters to be surviving heroes and pretty thieves and robbers, not innocent-killing maniacs.

Could you wrap your head around this, jkason? If not, it is fine, too. I cannot force everyone into the campaign, but I would miss my one true hero in the group.

jkason

First Post
Small spoiler:

In a world overrun by hostile aliens, everyone who fights them is 'good'. The campaign even assumes/encourages that the characters start to like the new role and the support of the people enough to, at the end, maybe become the new heroes of the world.

I would like the characters to be surviving heroes and pretty thieves and robbers, not innocent-killing maniacs.

Could you wrap your head around this, jkason? If not, it is fine, too. I cannot force everyone into the campaign, but I would miss my one true hero in the group.

Sounds like a more redemptive arc than I originally assumed, so I could give it a shot, sure.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
To that end, I could reprise my 'dirty cop' role, and could even have helped one of the PC's 'operate' until they're forced to WORK together... :)

Walking Dad

First Post
So, with everyone but kightemplar wanting to continue I got 4 players.

Now you have just to decide who wants to keep their characters (at least in name and background).
Once I have your answers, I can post the wrap up of the old game and a new ooc/recruiting thread for the new one (would like to bring in 1-2 more players).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think Octavia's personality and most of her background is fine. If she were to go evil, it is hard to do that justice with the PG rating at EnW. I have thought about her build some and I am still happy with the scouting type role, but will take into consideration some of the suggestions WD put forth.

Perhaps there are some support powers to help boost the others that she can take (something functioning like bardic music, maybe).

Remove ads