[OOC] M&M 2nd: Gotham Squires

Walking Dad

First Post
Hi, sorry for my silence in the IC thread.

As you might have suspect, Ragnarok was the final fight of this adventure. I had really fun and you all were great players. As the current situation gives your characters not many options anyway, I will make a big (ok, no sooo big, I'm not good at really long ones) post that wraps up the adventure and tells your characters 'future'.

Who of you is interested in a follow up campaign and who would like to keep their characters (no worries their will be a power up (PP for solving this adventure))?

I will make the last IC post after getting an answer from everyone (it will affect the post).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sure I am in. Not sure about Octavia though, but I don't have any other ideas either. :p

If this were D&D it would beneficial to sit down and determine who is filling what roles in the group. But with superheroes, I don't have a clue how that translates. I think Octavia is filling a unique roll, but perhaps a little bit weak on combat power. Dunno really.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok, just need an answer from [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] then.

[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] , are you interested in my new game?

---

All, I want to adapt (with some small changes) the Necessary Evil campaign (Savage Worlds) to M&M 2nd.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Is that a D&D campaign or is Savage Worlds the name of the Rules Set?

I think even if I stick with Octavia, I need to do some adjustments again. Skills are okay, but the combat thing appears to only suited to taking out minions and very one dimensional.

Or is that just my impression from the last fight?

Anyway, I think having the chain and the ring are a little redundant. Partially since I based the build entirely on a 3.5ed character to start with.

Anyway, I will think about taking off the chain and look at reallocating PP based on the new ones were going to get as well. Open to ideas, too. :blush:

Walking Dad

First Post
Savage Worlds is the Rule Set and it is a Supers campaign.

Necessary Evil: Explorers Edition

When all the super heroes of the world are blown to kingdom come by an army of invading aliens who will save the day? Evil…
The only forces left to take on the alien menace are the crafty and self serving super villains!
Necessary Evil is a supers game for Savage Worlds.

I had a plan how your old characters shall enter this campaign, but there isn't anything wrong with a fresh start :D

jkason, there are also explanations how a surviving hero could end up joining the villains.

knightemplar, sad to see you go, but thanks for great gaming!

Voda Vosa, either keeping Chaos or making a new character would be perfectly fine.

perrinmiller, Invisibility can become troublesome. Deadly Aim and Autofire are both weaker against main villains and anyone with high levels of Impervious Toughness. Another attack or ranks in penetrating can help.

I will also use my ideas from this thread:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...signing-m-m-2nd-revised-pathfinder-style.html

Everyone who wants to make a new character:

I would suggest to take a long look at the archetypes in the core book (or instant superheroes if you have it).
A simpler build can give a better feel for the characters actual abilities and maybe gives even more opportunity to make the character unique through roleplaying.

Brick was a bit complicated variant of the Power House (replacing Str and con with more ranks in strike and super-str)
Chaos was a gadgeteer.
ShieldMaiden a Power Suit with a transform extra.
Octavia was more difficult to define...

I would also advice to try less to avoid the cost of combat stats. Specializing in specific attacks can be fine, but also can lead to some wonky things.
The following campaign will also give you more PP to spare.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
perrinmiller, Invisibility can become troublesome.

Another attack or ranks in penetrating can help.
If it isn't too much trouble, can you explain?

Invis troublesome? Or is that for you as GM?

I get penetrating, I was thinking of beefing up the one attack I am keeping. Are you suggesting that I should take a 2nd attack that is different or redesign the primary attack as something else?

Walking Dad

First Post
If it isn't too much trouble, can you explain?

Invis troublesome? Or is that for you as GM?
Yes.
I have to make 1 extra roll for each attack (50% miss chance).
Also notice (hear) hear check for everyone in 30 5 ft to notice Octavia's presence. If she is holding still it is a DC 50 roll to get her 'square'.

This causes me to direct all attacks from danger appropriate for the group on one less group member.

I still think it is a classic power and I should allow it, but I hope you can see my difficulties.

Only standard visual and/or no reduction for acute senses range would make it much easier for me ;)

I get penetrating, I was thinking of beefing up the one attack I am keeping. Are you suggesting that I should take a 2nd attack that is different or redesign the primary attack as something else?
The option to not use deadly aim but have a higher base damage would be perfectly fine. I also reduce the effectiveness of Improved Toughness in my houserules.

Last edited:

Remove ads