• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

doghead

thotd
I took the description of Libros, Male Human Sorcerer {Accursed Bloodline - Sage Archetype} (1) from here. If that is not the latest version, apologies.

Party working for the Chancellor is fine with me.

Great. I like the connection.

#3 is not neccessary, but you are welcome to add it if it appeals.

thotd

doghead

thotd
The [Pathfinder] Mad King's Monkey - Rogues Gallery thread is up.

I had hoped to get the IC thread up tonight as well. But I have to be up again in less than 6 hours. I think it will have to wait. Hopefully within the next 24-36 hours.

In the meantime, the time is yours. I would suggest using it to go through the thread and check you haven't missed anything. I will try to gather it all together at some point, but it will be a little while before I have that sort of spare time. I also have a couple of requests.

Request One

Add a brief description of how your character came to be working for the Chancellor to your character's background. It doesn't have to be long - Ghostcat's is a good example.

Request Two (optional)

I would be interested to see what you imagine your character doing in his day-to-day employment with the Chancellor. The mundane stuff. The interesting stuff we will play.

Request Three (even more optional)

I am interested to know what your (character's) impressions are of his companions. Just a line or two on each would be sufficient. The idea was to just file them away somewhere and forget them. Down the track, if we are still playing, we can pull them out and see if, and if so how, impressions have changed. I am not intending to use it in the game. I am not planning to share the information at all except with the authors. I am just curious and think that it might be interesting. I realise that it is an unusual request, so it is totally up to you.

OK, I think that's it. Thanks for all your efforts so far. I am looking forward to this.

thotd

Axel

First Post
Sounds like a plan. I'm short on time tonight (flying out for an 8 day site swing in around 8 hours and still need to sleep, pack then to the airport). With any luck the internet will be working properly and I can jump in.

Normal posting for me is maximum twice/day. Weekends are challenging...tends to be full of sports and family time.

ghostcat

First Post
I took the description of Libros, Male Human Sorcerer {Accursed Bloodline - Sage Archetype} (1) from here. If that is not the latest version, apologies.

Great. I like the connection.

#3 is not neccessary, but you are welcome to add it if it appeals.

thotd

Sorry about that, my typo. Now changed.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sorry, interwebs went off line for an hour . . . . .I like the idea of working for the chancellor too.

added this to background:
Over time Jan has learned many nuances about the netherworld, even a few things edible, and drinkable while there. His expanding knowledge has not gone unnoticed as the chancellor has called him to his excellency's office.

added this to journal:

Been a few months, learning much from other guards, including survival tricks. They seem appreciative of my singing, but those who were at the trip where I got them the arrows from the strange-man, they have a greater liking.

This morning I was handed a dispatch to meet the chancellor. Turns out he was wanting me to take notice of the mood of people on the caravans, in bars.

still trying to figure out what this is:

Here you will find the Four Oracles. Select one Oracle for your character and note it down along with the associated four cards and their descriptors. You may cast as often as you like, but all four cards must come from the same oracle and the same cast. During the game you may use an appropriate oracle to take control of the game and re-write the situation as you so choose in terms of the oracle. Once used, that card is scratched. I have not tried this before, and am not sure how it will work. But regardless, I suspect that it will be interesting.

is the word 'here' supposed to be a link?

I named my LEW paladin Jaan, after a friend of mine. Spelt differently, pronounced the same.

figured that was the way to pronounce it.
I had a friend here who was a chem engineering student from Sweden that had that [Jan] as a first name. I named my character in his honor.

Jan Maatson is in the RG

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
To be added to Libros' background.

By the time Libros was 16, Febion was serious worried about what the boy was going to do with his life. He was totally unsuited for a position in guards and Marleon didn't need another assistant. It was about then that he heard on the guard's grapvine that the Chancellor was looking for a certain type of person, a position for which Libros was well suited.

So Libros started to work for the Chancellor and was put to work assisting in an audit of the tax rolls. The auditor, Liandra, was a plain, middle-aged widow, with a sharp wit and an even sharper tongue. Libros and Liandra's relationship got off to a rocky start as Liandra was not pleased with been landed with a bumpkin as an assistant. However, things quickly improved when she found that Libros shared her love of books and could accurately add a column of numbers even quicker than she could.

doghead

thotd
still trying to figure out what this is:

Here you will find the Four Oracles. Select ...

is the word 'here' supposed to be a link?

Yes. There was in the original post. I may have just cut and paste the text to first post of the thread and lost the link. I will look into it tomorrow. Now I need sleep.

thtod

Remove ads