OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

Axel

First Post
Sorry. Still here. Work is so unpleasant at the moment ("emergency" lack of WIH is actually better than normal WIH...difficult manager) that I'm trying to find somewhere else. While maintaining my workload. And then the hockey season started. Fun times...

Enough excuses though. I need to post more frequently!

Axel

First Post
OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Updates in 1st post)

Firstly. Chase! Awesome sauce!! I love mechanics like these.

Question about the time scale though... It will be 9 minutes, give or take, before we catch this assassin. 90 rounds of running under those conditions is a practical impossibility! Assume Con 20, for easy maths and a strawman argument. First 2 mins are "free". The last check will be at DC 70. Dunno if that was the intent though, so strike me off the Christmas card list if it was (and I'm sorry).

Also, as Bayar has the dubious pleasure of medium armour with reduced move (at least until next level) he will need to move at x4 to keep pace. Different mods?

doghead

thotd
Firstly. Chase! Awesome sauce!! I love mechanics like these.

Question about the time scale though... It will be 9 minutes, give or take, before we catch this assassin. 90 rounds of running under those conditions is a practical impossibility! Assume Con 20, for easy maths and a strawman argument. First 2 mins are "free". The last check will be at DC 70. Dunno if that was the intent though, so strike me off the Christmas card list if it was (and I'm sorry).

Your maths is correct. Moving at a Run (x3 or x4) is impossible to sustain for more than a couple of minutes (assuming some good rolls). A fact that your characters having set off at a run are now having to deal with. Of course, closing the gap more quickly has its advantages and you have the choice to burn ATTRIBUTES in order to push on longer. Its up to you decide the best course of action.

Also, as Bayar has the dubious pleasure of medium armour with reduced move (at least until next level) he will need to move at x4 to keep pace. Different mods?

According the rules I read, no. I personally think that the movement penalties of medium armour are excessive, so I am not going to add to the penalty.

I don't want to do this on a round by round basis, so I have asked you lay out your intentions and to to make all the rolls in one hit.

i.e. - I decide Bob intends to run for as long as possible. He will burn 1 point of STR, INT, and CHA starting when he gets to -4 penalty. He will slow to a walk when the last person running with him slows.

Using this information, I can work out what happens next, who stops when etc.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Humm,

We seem to be running two OOC threads. I'll look at closing one down once I have had a chance to catch up. Meanwhile, from the other OOC thread ...

Hello

I am back and keen to get back into things once I get five minutes to myself so that I can catch up. Hopefully I will be able to do so and be in a position to get back into things in a few days. But for my sanity's sake, I will say should be good to go by the weekend.

... Assuming anyone is still around :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Be back soon.

thotd

Remove ads