[OOC] Of Vile Darkness - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Items for Roach (histories for items will come when I have your character background):

Mechanical Burglar (Type IV) (Song and Silence), 4,000gp. This unmagical yet amazingly useful device was purloined from an unwary gnome merchant.

Cat's Fall - as ring of feather falling, 2,200gp.

Roach's Roach - as Vasharan Offal Bag (BoVD), 3,000gp.

Green Embrace - as Slime Pot (BoVD), 11,200gp.

Claws of Moonsight - as goggles of night, 8,000gp. Made from the talons of an owl, these minature claws must be pierced into the skin near the eyes to function.

Bone Warder - as skull plaque (Magic of Faerun), 9,200gp.

Possum Pouch (Song and Silence), 1,800gp.

One application of shadow essence, 250gp.

One pouch of sassone leaf residue, 300gp.

3 doses Huge spider venom, 6 doses Large spider venom, 4,050gp.

Items for Torr (background can be changed if it doesn't fit):

Several years ago, Torr was in the city of Firehaven on business, he stopped in a fine House to have some company for the night. His companion for the evening was almost supernaturally lovely, with a brilliant fire in her eyes. He spent the night with this woman, who called herself Synflower. She was quite skilled, and after the entertainment for the evening, Torr could do little other than sleep. But in the morning, Synflower lay quite dead beside him, strangled to death, her beauty dimmed, her face nearly unrecognizeable. Initially frightened as to what had happened, Torr fled before she could be discovered.

It was in dreams that he began to understand what happened. An indiseous voice began to speak in his mind, whispering of power, of pleasure, of all things that could be his if he gave in to his desires. The voice was seductive, the powers it offered were real, and for each time Torr gave into an urge to simply do as he willed, rather than what was right, more rewards were his.

Finally, the force within him showed what had happened the night with Synflower. It had been inside the courtesan, but had seen that Torr was more powerful and could bring the force to greater heights. As he had lay with her, it had entered him, and as it did so, had him destroy the shell that was all that was left of Synflower. The force called itself Stormrider, as it rides the storm of powerful emotions of hate, pleasure, lust, and desire.

Stormrider - emotional symbiant, as amulet of natural armor +3 (18,000), gloves of lightning (Magic of Faerun) 8,000gp, claws gain a +2 enhancement bonus 8,000gp, as cloak of Charisma 8,000gp, allows Torr to cast charm monster 1/day as a sorcerer of his character level (the rest of the gold, also covering equivalency expenses, 10,000gp). Stormrider's effects can be temporarily dispelled, but will always return eventually.

More later, tired now.

Rybaer

First Post
Mmmmm...I like. The backstory fits just fine with what I'd been working on. I should get most of the rest of the character up tomorrow.

Corinthi

First Post
Background and whatnot up. Probably needs some polishing, but it'll do for a bit.

On the Ring of Feather Fall. I've got two rings already. Would an earring work, or a sash/belt? If not I could replace one of the rings. Or maybe switch out the Ring of Climbing for Chameleon Power when I need to climb something tough.

And let me know if there's something you'd like addressed in the background that I missed. I left names and locations out so you could easily inject them into the plot if need be. Roach doesn't talk about his past, so it shouldn't come up on my end.

The Paladin's reaction to his assault is also something you could decide. I'm thinking he either leaves town or redoubles his efforts. A Paladin would be a good nemesis. Immune to Disease, can Cure Disease in others. Probably couldn't kill appropriately leveled Paladin in a straight up fight, even with a surprise round.

All just ideas for you to plumb as you see fit. Looking forward to playing.

Jesse

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Corinthi - Yeah, lets go with the belt for the feather fall ring.

As for background, all I really need is what job(s) you done for the Black Butterfly before.

Wrahn

First Post
Rybaer,

Just looking over what you can do, I have bad news, Your AC in tiger/hybrid form you get +5 Natural Armor which does not stack with the +3 Natural Armor from the Symbiot. Sorry. If it is any consolation, I am not sure I am going to have much higher AC.

Rybaer

First Post
Wrahn said:
Rybaer,

Just looking over what you can do, I have bad news, Your AC in tiger/hybrid form you get +5 Natural Armor which does not stack with the +3 Natural Armor from the Symbiot. Sorry. If it is any consolation, I am not sure I am going to have much higher AC.

Yeah, I wondered if that might be the case. Perhaps Ray would consider changing the bonus AC to a compatible/stackable type?

Rybaer

First Post
Another question for Ray.

From the character creation guidelines, you wrote:

Ray Silver said:
I will be allowing ECL races, up to a +4, which also includes templates like the half-fiend. However, do note that The Black Butterfly appreciates and mainly hires those that are at least able to blend in somewhat, or have magical means to do so. He generally doesn't hire those that have psychopathic urges, as that's generally bad for business. I'm also allowing genasi, including several that don't appear in the FRCS. See after the world information for stuff on those, all are +1 ECL. All ECL races (aside from those that come with built-in Hit Dice), get d8 for hit points for each level of their ECL. Just the hit points, nothing else.

Now, I haven't really dealt with the ECL's and such before, so I want to run this by you and see if I'm doing it correctly. The weretiger is a 9 level progression for a 6HD creature. That makes it a 9 ECL creature with a +3 level adjustment, correct? From the above, it sounds like you would allow me to have an extra 3d8 worth of HP's, but not actual hit dice or their respective benefits. And, if I am reading that correctly, does Con bonus still apply?

I guess the other way of reading it is that I've taken a "race" that includes hit dice in the progression and therefore don't qualify for the extra HP's. It's by no means a gamebreaker either way, I'm just trying to get the gritty done on the character.

Thanks!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rybaer, you do get the extra 3d8 hit points, because I consider that fair. You do you get your Con bonus.

As for the AC... Well let's make it a deflection bonus instead of a natural armor bonus.

linnorm

Explorer
I should be able to have my char posted to the rouges gallery sometime tonight (after work). I've got him statted out, I just need to fill out the character sheet to post.

Rybaer

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Rybaer, you do get the extra 3d8 hit points, because I consider that fair. You do you get your Con bonus.

As for the AC... Well let's make it a deflection bonus instead of a natural armor bonus.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Remove ads