[OOC] Of Vile Darkness - Full

Corinthi

First Post
I posted Roach, the Beggar King to the Rogue's Galllery. Don't worry, I will have a full background, description, and whatnot posted shortly. I'm just exhausted after running events at our local gaming convention all day.

As far as auxillary items go I've a few wishes. I'd like a way to get through locked doors short of picking the key off the person carrying it. Maybe a feather fall item, because the image of him leaping off somewhere high and falling with all his rags fluttering in the wind appeals to me. Something to help me see in the dark better would be ok. Something that would help me get along with the Undead or Vermin would be fitting based on the class description. A healing item would be nice, not for myself or the party, but because I envision this gent as the King of the Beggars, and he takes care of his own when needs be.

It will probably be a bit easier to select the items I might have picked up if you wait until you see the rest of the writeup before making such decisions. Really, I'm not that concerned what I end up with. I think he'll be fun to play regardless.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Galbraith - While there are a lot of elemental-type things in Low'verok, not everything is an elemental. Don't worry about damage reduction overly much.

Oh, and by the way, despite the name, I'm a woman.

Corinthi... your character is disgusting... (And I mean that in a good way. ;))

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Token update on my character. Still planning on going with the weretiger. Slightly more of a stealthy stalker type than a straight up fighter. My BAB is, after all, only +6/+1...yeah, same as a 12th level wizard. *sigh* The reduced hit dice and cleric BAB for the weretiger hurt there. I'm probably going weretiger 9/rogue 2/fighter 1.

First version posted later today most likely.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rybaer said:
My BAB is, after all, only +6/+1...yeah, same as a 12th level wizard. *sigh* The reduced hit dice and cleric BAB for the weretiger hurt there.
Ugh! That is an ugly BAB... How many natural attacks do you get though? (Note: I don't have that dragon with me today as I'm at work) Oh yeah their are so cool feats in master of the wild you should look at (if you’re doing the natural attack route.

Rybaer said:
I'm probably going weretiger 9/rogue 2/fighter 1.
I take it the weretigher doesn't have an ECL adjustment? (Note again: I don't have that dragon with me today as I'm at work)

Rybaer said:
First version posted later today most likely.
Same here. :) All in all I'm excited with my character as my only complate is my lack of skill point. Atleast no one, minus Ray obviously, would be able to guess class and race in a 1000 years. :D

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ray Silver said:
Oh, and by the way, despite the name, I'm a woman.
I was wondering if you where going to correct people I had about asked you too... Though for the record I knew even before the first email. (Writing style)

Ray Silver said:
Corinthi... your character is disgusting...
Isn't that the idea? :D

Ray, in that arms and armor guide you have is their anything my character might find interesting? I noticed that the "roach motel" had a few intresting items from it. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Roach Motel? I'm confused...

Hmm... there's some things in Song and Silence that might work, as well as some things in Arms and Armor. Traps and Treachery too. Ooo, I just found a weapon quality that would work really well for your character Bro, it's worth a +2. The Corruption quality from Arms and Armor. Check that out! Alterable (minor) might work too.

Corinthi, if you have Arms and Armor check out the Pestilance weapon quality, I think that might fit your character.

Wrahn, if you have Arms and Armor, check out the Soul Burner weapon quality.

'Course no one has to take anything out of there, I just was flipping through and they looked like they fit and stuff... :)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok Rybaer, here's the information on the weretiger communities, as promised.

The majority of lycanthropes are the cursed individual of legend, the ravening beasts that are cursed to transform with the moon and who kill and slaughter without conscience.

Those who are born lycanthropes rather than acquiring the curse through the bite of another can have a much different outlook on life. Werewolves often have the worst bloodlust, but some can become the leaders of small, isolated communities. However, they do not deal well withs strangers and defend their territory fiercely. Most often they are found in the northern part of Low'verok, near Ice Lake or near the fringes of the Farlight Forest.

Wererats are usually found in large cities, living as thieves, beggars, or assassins. Most are very opportunistic, taking what they can get wherever they can get it, feeling they deserve it. Many large towns have one or more wererats. The largest towns, particularly the port towns, support whole wererat communities.

Weresharks and werecrocodiles are typically found only on the coast, particularly in Benshay (along the coast of the Unwanted Desert) or Gajin. There are also many weresharks in Scuttlecove. Both of these types tend to be greedy and rarely sated with what they can get.

Werebats are rarely seen on the surface, as they are usually only of types of creatures that live underground. The few that live on the surface are extremely isolated.

Wereboars have some of the worst tempers of all the lycanthropes, and it is best to tread carefully around them. Some serve nobles as forest wardens, but others lead crusades against them. Once riled, they show no quarter. Most wereboars live in the forests around the Firespine Mountains and along the Deepwater river.

Werebears are usually the most benevolent of all natural lycanthropes, living in small communities together, taking care of the forest they live in, and guiding lost foresters back to their villages. They tend to share the same ranges as the wereboars, though some are also found near the Tonver river and Black Pine forest.

Weretigers are usually found in the warmer lands of southern Low'verok as well as Greenfire lake and the plains south of there. They usually form small but rich communities, inviting traders to come so they might aquire the finest goods. Most weretigers consider themselves nobles among other sorts of people, particularly other lycanthropes. They tend to have a regal bearing and air. Given proper deference, they can make good leaders, but crossed they make terrible enemies, often playing with their prey for weeks or months before moving in for the kill.

The two major weretiger communities are near Port Lyalee (Jazarra, a particularly rich community connected with the port city) and near Firehaven on Greenfire Lake (Kizzadarr, which has a great many sorcerers).

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ray Silver said:
Roach Motel? I'm confused...
looks something like this... Their old TV, like from 10-15 years ago use to have a slogan like "Roaches check in but they don't check out..." Basically it was a sorry excuse for a joke. :)

I feel old now... :(

Ray, I don't have that guide, if you feel bored email it to me, or post it here. If not just add it to my wish list, I figure my wish list will be too big anyhow but it will give you more choices. :)

Rybaer

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Ugh! That is an ugly BAB... How many natural attacks do you get though? (Note: I don't have that dragon with me today as I'm at work) Oh yeah their are so cool feats in master of the wild you should look at (if you’re doing the natural attack route.

The weretiger is a 9 level progression, but only goes up 6 hit dice. The upside is the natural attacks, though. I've got claw/claw/bite in hybrid and in tiger form I can pounce and then claw/claw/bite/rake/rake. Works out okay, though a straight up fighter would probably have a much better net attack bonus on the first attack or two. Anything I can grab on to that has a low to mid AC will be ripped to ribbons.

Ray - I like the idea of a symbiont creature in place of a magic item. Something demonic would probably fit the character well...and help explain my "vile" natural attack. If you have any ideas on how to run with that, let me know. Could be something that was introduced against my will and that has corrupted my character to the side of evil. I may or may not be even aware of it...or it could be intelligent and partly dominating over me...perhaps revealing itself as it becomes more comfortable with my loss of self control.

Remove ads