• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Shayuri

First Post
To be honest, Binder, it's gonna be an RP thing either way for the most part most likely.

Is he a guy who wants to sell his own craft, and who buys stock and material? Appraise makes sense.

Is he a guy who's more interested in intricate detail work, and the fine mechanics of springs and clockwork? Disable Device has you covered.

Either will be useful in its own baliwick. Neither's likely to be all -that- useful to him anytime soon.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
He's a guy who likes helping out. I'm therefore seeing his hypothetical Disable Device on intricate springs and clockworks strictly as a helper, as those are definitively not his thing (he can hold/adapt her tools while she works or something; on his own he's more likely to crowbar a chest open than lockpick it). Give him a heavy-duty spike and crush trap to jam or a cyclops-sized wrought iron padlock to climb into and he's your man though. :)

Hm, let me think. Appraise can be used untrained, while Disable Device cannot, that's a big factor. Plus, we are going against goblins in that first adventure, so we might get more utility out of D.D. than you might think Shayuri (while, granted, Appraise will likely only be really useful once we're on the caravan trail)...

I'm definitively leaning the D.D. way right now. Would Sachiko be alright with that?

Shayuri

First Post
Oh, Disable Device will be useful. It's just that Sachiko is really good at it, so it may not be as useful for you.

That said, bonuses are always fine with me. :)

And you never know when we might need someone who can pop a lock when Sachi's not around, or can't do it herself.

So it's all good. No complaints from me. :)

G

Guest 11456

Game thread is up here.

Looks groovy to me. Ready to rock & roll.

Head on over to the game thread with Analisse.

Looks good.

Head on over to the game thread with Suldrel.

Wireth looks good to me. You even fixed a math error I missed on my own sheet, so thanks. :)

Head on over to the game thread with Wireth & Nairo.

Perfect, thanks.

Head on over to the game thread with Fastus.

Good to go

Head on over to the game thread with Jariah & Jakira.

Looks good! Sachiko is wearing her belt pouch, but otherwise it's good.

Please give final approval for what I have for Sachiko.

Any comments on Elsbeth?

Check out what I have for Elsbeth in the Rogues Gallery.

Shayuri

First Post
Hup! Yep! Sorry!

I will give you her missing personal data soon! I wanted to check some picture references and find something I was happy with. The whole yellow-eyes/white hair thing was starting to feel too weird to me; too far away from what was plausibly human for a 'human form.' :)

Mechanically though, her sheet is A-OK!

G

Guest 11456

I need to know what type of relationship you are pursuing with your chosen NPC (confrontational or friendly). See 'Building Relationships' pages 13-15 of the Jade Regent Player’s Guide for details.

The relationships so far are:
Ameiko - Elsbeth, Fastus, Sachiko
Koya - Analisse, Jariah
Sandru - none
Shalelu - Suldrel, Wireth

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Friendly...ish? ;) As in, I see it as the typical grown child/parent relationship where there's still a little chafing on both sides but they are supportive of each other for the most part.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Alright, it's decided then. Sorry to be a bother Tailspinner: could you swap out Appraise and swap in Disable Device +1 (1 rank, +2 Dex, -2 ACP) on Fastus' sheet please? (Bloody ACP)

I'm going with a Friendly relationship, of course. :)

The whole yellow-eyes/white hair thing was starting to feel too weird to me; too far away from what was plausibly human for a 'human form.' :)
For the eyes, maybe a regular human/elven color but keep the "flashing in the dark thing"? That's pretty freaky when cats do it. I can only imagine Fastus' reaction the first time he saw it on a human girl. ;)

Remove ads