Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

G

Guest 11456

Let's not worry about the crunch of the characters right now. Please just concepts right now. Develop your background.
Skills and traits can be determined if you like since that can play a role in background.

I will make decisions on crunch later (ability determination, starting gold, etc.).

Shayuri

First Post
I have an idea for a monk/celestial sorceror from Tian...but reading the campaign traits, that might not be appropriate background.

Alternatively, perhaps a druid...they're versatile enough to help with both firepower and healing, so would be a good midpoint between an oracle and a wizard...

Though an Oracle of Flame is also good at blasting...HMM!

Perhaps a ranger...a shapeshifter or yokai hunter might be fun...

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I'm thinking of going the classic studious wizard route, based somewhat on Evie from the Mummy movies. Bookish, sheltered, fascinated by other cultures and languages but no practical experience at all...her explorations of other lands has come entirely from her studies and she's never traveled before until now. So, curious about everything but prone to getting in over her head quite frequently.

lacker

Villager
[OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent (Recruiting now)

Thanks everyone. I have read the FAQ and would like to give PbP a try!

I am reading the player's guide and will wait for further character creation guidelines from the GM.

I would like to play a human fighter.

Is it safe to assume a level one character start?

G

Guest 11456

Yes level one characters.

CRUNCH:

For abilities we will be using a point buy.

For point buy and starting gold please choose from the following three options:

Code:
Option   Point Buy Points   Starting Gold   :   1d6x10   2d6x10   3d6x10   4d6x10   5d6x10
------   ----------------   -------------   -   ------   ------   ------   ------   ------
A        25                 Maximum         :    60      120      180      240      300
B        26                 Average         :    35       70      105      140      175
C        27                 Minimum         :    10       20       30       40       50

We will also be using traits. One trait is chosen from the following list from the player's guide:

Campaign Traits: Best Friend (Ameiko, Sandru), Caravan Guard (Sandru), Childhood Crush (Ameiko, Sandru, Shalelu), Foster Child (Koya), Friend of the Family (Koya), Hero Worship (Ameiko, Shalelu), Rescued (Koya, Shalelu), Student Survivalist (Shalelu), Younger Sibling (Ameiko, Sandru, Shalelu)

The other can be any of the general traits from the APG:

BASIC TRAITS
Combat Traits: Anatomist, Armor Expert, Bullied, Courageous, Deft Dodger, Dirty Fighter, Fencer, Killer, Reactionary, Resilient
Faith Traits: Birthmark, Caretaker, Child of the Temple, Devotee of the Green, Ease of Faith, History of Heresy, Indomitable Faith, Sacred Conduit, Sacred Touch, Scholar of the Great Beyond
Magic Traits: Classically Schooled, Dangerously Curious, Focused Mind, Gifted Adept, Hedge Magician, Magical Knack, Magical Lineage, Magical Talent, Mathematical Prodigy, Skeptic
Social Traits: Adopted, Bully, Canter, Charming, Child of the Streets, Fast-Talker, Natural-Born Leader, Poverty-Stricken, Rich Parents*, Suspicious

* You must choose option A in order to select 'Rich Parents' as your basic trait.

We will be using the NPC relationship rules. So read up on those from the player's guide.

We will be using some of the caravan rules.
Most likely the caravan parts will be more descriptive, rather then roleplay, but I will use the caravan rules to determine outcomes.
There will still be some roleplaying happening associated with the caravan once we get that far.

If the Player's Guide mentions contacting the GM for something you are interested in, please message me.

I will add a Rogues Gallery page soon.

OOC, IC & RG will all be linked from the first post of each thread (e.g. links to IC & RG will be on the first post of this thread).

Last edited by a moderator:

lacker

Villager
[OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent (Recruiting now)

Hi. I'm afraid I can follow all the guidance but the gold options.
I see A, B and C options. I understand the point buy. I don't follow the gold options.

Also, are you asking us to vote on A, B and C or just choose one and apply it to our character?

Thank you.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm thinking of making a character who has come to Sandpoint from Tian...perhaps with a relationship to the Kaijutsu family. Is that plausible? Not sure which background feat would arise from this, but I have several ideas.

Lacker, I think the idea is that the options that give more attribute points to distribute wind up giving you substantially less starting gold.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hi. I'm afraid I can follow all the guidance but the gold options.
I see A, B and C options. I understand the point buy. I don't follow the gold options.

Also, are you asking us to vote on A, B and C or just choose one and apply it to our character?

Thank you.

depending on the starting gold of the class, for example if you choose option b and alchemist class, you would

a) have 26 points to buy stats, as you already figured out,

and

b) as the starting gold is 3d6 X 10 gp you would have 105 gp to buy stuff

Last edited:

Remove ads