Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Kaodi

Hero
I think what it means is that you check how many dice your class would normally roll for gold and if you choose A you get the maximum gold you could roll, if B then the average amount, and if C the minimum. So, my barbarian for instance is listed as 3d6 (x10), and since I am building him with option C (which seems the obvious choice for long term thinking) I get 30 gp.

G

Guest 11456

Hi. I'm afraid I can follow all the guidance but the gold options.
I see A, B and C options. I understand the point buy. I don't follow the gold options.

Also, are you asking us to vote on A, B and C or just choose one and apply it to our character?

Thank you.

Shayuri has it correct.
You choose which option for your character. Since you were thinking of playing a fighter we will show that example:
Option A will give you point buy points of 25 and maximum gold (fighters get 5d6x10 so that would be 300 gp).
Option B will give you point buy points of 26 and average gold (fighters get 5d6x10 so that would be 175 gp).
Option C will give you point buy points of 27 and minimum gold (fighters get 5d6x10 so that would be 50 gp).

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
@ lacker: also, don't try to post a link until you have 10 posts. It is an anti-spammer counter measure. If you try, the sight might auto block/perma - ban - hammer you.

G

Guest 11456

I'm thinking of making a character who has come to Sandpoint from Tian...perhaps with a relationship to the Kaijutsu family. Is that plausible? Not sure which background feat would arise from this, but I have several ideas.

More likely your character would be a descendant of someone who came from Tian Xia. All PCs need to have a tie to one of the four NPCs.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh, there'd be a tie. But the character would be one that has a lot of Eastern flavor.

Hm. Might not really be appropriate I guess. Let me just pitch it.

Kitsune Ninja! (^_^)

I was thinking a character who has been bound, perhaps by some geasa or a pact or promise, to serve Ameiko's family...and as she is the current heir, a journey is made.

But as I read this, I see a lot of the path involves a journey BACK. So. Yeah.

New concept time. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Class: thinking a monk, zen archer maybe

region trait: Foster child

NPC Association: Koya Mvashti

general history: parents were traveling from Archipelago to make new start in Sandpoint. They were wizards with a bit of wander lust in them still. his mother got pregnant and due during the trip. an attack right after being born by some sea creatures left him an orphan. Captain is friend of Koya's and passed the child to her.

When old enough she sent him to train to the local monastery where he was given an excellent education and training to defend himself.

[sblock=workbook]
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/combat-traits/anatomist

str 12 +1 3 pts
dex 14 +2 5 pts
con 12 +1 2 pts
int 14 +2 5 pts
wis 14 +2 5 pts [+2 - human bonus]
cha 14 +2 5 pts

points used 25
option A
starting gold: 60

Feats
human: point blank shot
charater level 1: focused shot
Monk level (zen archer): precise shot
zen bonus: Perfect strike

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Oh oh! It might still work!

What if my character is a retainer of Ameiko's father's household? Once Ameiko cut ties and opened her inn, she and I kind of lost touch, but at some point I either also broke away from her father's house, or perhaps was sent to keep an eye on her. That way it's all contained within Sandpoint, but I still get that touch of the mysterious Orient...

Remove ads