• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah. Depending on the timeline, there's a very good chance he took care of her as they came down to more temperate lands...and then she proceeded to outgrow him within just a decade or so, while he remained stubbornly childish.

We'd also have to factor in the question of what happened, that their elf parent took up with a human... Perhaps your character lost a parent once before, and now has lost the other.

How long shall they have been at Sandpoint?

Kaodi

Hero
I would think maybe ten years or so. Long enough for them to have formed a fairly strong bond with their adoptive older "sister" Shalelu (who also happened to have a human step-father, I believe, which would work out marvellously), and long enough for them to have made that switch in relative maturity. But not so long that your character has spent most of their life in Sandpoint. I think my character will be around 126, which would have made him just barely an adult when they arrived here.

Kaodi

Hero
I do not think it is necessary for your characters parents (and one of mine) to have explicitly died, per se. The Land of the Linnorm Kings is a dangerous place. Perhaps my character was watching over yours play a ways away from their village when a monster (like, you know, a linnorm) attacked the village. The two of them were pushed South and it was just too dangerous for them to go back. Over three to five years they moved further and further South avoiding numerous dangers until they arrived in Sandpoint, where they have been ever since.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay. I'm in discussions with Tailspinner about my character now for some behind-the-scenes stuff.

Once that's done, I'll know for sure which way I'm going to spin on this topsy-turvy question.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Updated my character sheet with Improved Initiative (for his rasher side) and the Friend In Every Town trait (since he's a local boy).

Overal I'm rather happy with how he turned out, with the possible exception CLW which doesn't seem to quite fit. Somehow, I can't see why wounds would just close up at his touch. Frostburn or hypothermia, sure. You could even make a case for burns, but a knife cut?

Without it we end up without a healer in the group though... Unless you're leaning towards a Cleric, Lacker? Or your character is a Witch/Druid, Shayuri (if you don't go the cool ninja route, that is)?

Shayuri

First Post
Binder, I think you're taking the flame thing too literally. Think of fire in a more metaphysical sense; a spiritual sense. Flames can be warm and soothing...they can symbolize not just raw destruction, but renewal and rebirth (as in a phoenix).

Right now I am in a dead heat between a mysterious ninja and a half elf mystic of some stripe.

I always do this to myself. :)

I will figure this out.

G

Guest 11456

Character concepts:
MasqueradingVampire - studious wizard
Shayuri - kitsune ninja or half-elf sorcerer
Kaodi - arctic elf barbarian (elemental kin)
lacker - human fighter
Binder Fred - human oracle of flame

Sorry you are passing on this one, Scott Dewar.

Sorry, Binder Fred, I am not familiar with the 'Friend In Every Town' trait.
But I will let you choose this one since you are a local:
Favored Son/Daughter
You were born and raised in the town of Sandpoint or its surrounding farms. You know many of the region's secrets, and the locals already know who you are. You are well liked in town, and you'll have lots of friends in the region, but the town's tougher side sees you as a snitch or a pansy. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (local) checks, and Knowledge (local) is always a class skill for you. In addition, you can choose any one law-abiding citizen of Sandpoint from below as an ally; depending on the person you pick, you'll get different benefits.
Tavern Owner (Ameiko): One of the town’s most influential and beloved nobles. Her inn/tavern is the most popular in town, and as one of her friends, you're guaranteed a place to eat and sleep for free. She's got lots of great contacts with merchants as well, and she'll sell any of your loot for you-as a result, you gain an additional 10% over the amount of gp you normally would get from selling off treasure.

lacker, the other threads are not there yet. The next thread will be the Rogues Gallery (RG) and I am not planning on starting that until we have at least one approved character sheet. The In Character (IC) thread will not be started until we are ready to start.

Please everyone use the PRD when making choices about your characters.

I will set a deadline once we get closer to character completions.

Remove ads