• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Kaodi

Hero
My thought is that my character is a forlorn snow elf originally hailing from the northern parts of the Land of the Linnorm Kings. He was cut off from his family and snow elf tribe years ago, and was gradually pushed south over many years into Varisia and then down towards Sandpoint. He was taken under the wing of Shalelu and her family. He is rather sullen, and works as a sort of ranch hand for residents who keep livestock.

I have the rough outline of his stats already.

male arctic elf elemental kin barbarian 1
str 16 dex 16 con 13 int 12 wis 15 cha 8
traits Resilient, Younger Sibling (Shalelu)
skills craft (carpentry), handle animal, perception, ride, survival
feats toughness
gear leather, longspear, dagger, sling, backpack, flint & steel, waterskin, carpenter's tools, explorer's outfit, 4 gp

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Alright, here's my guy so far: Fastus the (apprentice) Forger.

Son of the town's blacksmith. Fell into the forge on the 17th of Erastus when he was little (Angradd's holy day), where it was discovered he has a definite affinity for fire and heat. Father renounced his mother over the suspected impropriety (Elemental blood? Thieflings? Rumours were running wild at the time), but they managed to work it out afterwards. Things were never quite the same after that though, making his family life uncomfortable and prompting him to find things to do outside the house all the more, most notably with his childhood friend and developing crush Ameiko. And also with the other PCs?

[sblock=Notes]Lame curse: His leg was injured during the original forge accident -- not by the fire itself, ironically enough, but by the water his father dumped on him to try and save him.

His Touch of Flames actually comes out of his mouth like a mini, touch-ranged breath weapon. He uses it while smithing, hammering his work and heating it up with his fiery breath when needed.

Knowledge Local: Seemed appropriate since he's (so far) the only true native of the place. :) Can't help feeling it should be a class skill though.

Diplomacy: He's not very diplomatic (no training in Diplomacy), but constant contact with Ameiko has thought him to sometimes think twice about what comes out of his mouth (+2 Trait bonus).

Religion: Pays inconsistent respect to Angradd, god of fire and heated offensives (wears his symbol on a loose chain around his neck), which has silenced some of the wagging tongues, but he's secretly rather pulling for the much cooler fire-elemental-blood theory himself. Who knows, maybe he's related to Kossuth himself![/sblock][sblock=Stats]1st level human Oracle of Flames
Exp: 0/2000
Alignment : CG
Religion: Andragg, sort of (see notes).

(25 point buy. Ability/Bonus/Points spent)
Str 16 +3 10
Dex 14 +2 5
Con 12 +1 2
Int 10
Wis 08 -1 -2
Cha 18 +4 10 (+2 human)

FEATS:
Weapon proficiencies (Simple)
Armor proficiencies (Light, Medium and Shields)
CURSE: Lame in right leg (20' move, not affected by encumbrance)
MYSTERY 1ST: Touch of Flame (7/7 today, Su, melee touch, 1d6+1/2L)
HUMAN: Rash Improved initiative (+4 ini)
1ST: Expanded Arcana (CLW)

TRAITS:
Best Friend Ameiko (+2 Diplomacy, +1 Attack vs any that threaten her)
Local Boy Favored Son (+1 Know(Local), Local is class skill, Free room and board, +10% on sold loot)

SKILLS: (4+0 Int+1 human+0 from FC) Rank Bonus
Appraise (Int) 1 + 0 = 4
Climb (Str) 1 + 3 = 7 Armor Check
Diplomacy (Cha) 0 + 6 = 6
Intimidate (Cha) 1 + 4 = 8
Know: Local (Int) 1 + 1 = 5
Prof: Blacksmith (Wis) 1 - 1 = 3
Languages: Common
Current Armor Check = -4 (-2 Chain Shirt, -2 Heavy Shield)

EQUIPMENT (3d6 + Option A = 180 gp):
Code:
Name                        enc note		
Chain Shirt                  25 Deep V-neck showing off his chest
Brass Holy symbol             - On a loose, flappy chain around his neck
Boiled leather bracers        -
Studded Leather Girdle        -
Loose brown pants             - Tucked in boots
Heavy leather boots           - Capped with steel
Heavy Metal Shield           15 Slung over his back when walking
Cold iron Heavy Mace          8 Long square piece of wrought iron
Small bag                     - At waist left
   Sling and 10 Lead bullets  5 Lined with Rabbit fur
Beltpouch                     - At waist left, behind bag
   25 gp, 3 sp
   Bits of random metal       1 Nails, chainmail wire, a few rivets, etc
Shoulder bag                  -
   Artisan's tools            5 Hammer, travelling anvil, tongs, etc
   Waterskin                  4
   1 day's ration             1
----------------------------
Light load                   69 pounds, including 5 for outfit (not affected by encumbrance)

COMBAT :
HP: 10 (1 from FC) MV: 20'(6m)
AC: 18 (4 Shirt + 2 Shield + 2 Dex) INI: +6

Melee 0 + 3 = 3
Range 0 + 1 = 1
CMB 0 + 3 = 3
CMD: 10 + 0 + 3 + 2 = 15

Weapon stats:
"Iron bar" heavy mace (1d8+3 Dam, X2 Crit, Bludgeon)
Sling bullets (1d4+3 Dam, X2 Crit, Bludgeon, 50ft Range incr)

Saving Throws:
Fort 0 + 1 = 1
Reflex 0 + 2 = 2
Will 2 - 1 = 1

[sblock=Spells] (Save DC = 14+Spell Level)

ORISONS: unlimited
- Encouraging word Guidance (+1 next roll)
- Blacksmith Mending, of course (+1d4 HP + removes Broken if half HP)
- Glowing Hot Light (Touch, 10 min/L, 20' normal + 20' +1 level)
- Spark (One Fine(1/2') object within 25'+5'/2L catches on fire)

1ST LEVEL: 4/4 remaining today
- Battle cry Bless (50' burst, 1 min/L, +1 Tohit and vs Fear)
- Steam Obscuring Mist (20', 20' burst, 1 min/L, 20% 5' then 50%, Must have access to water)
- Warm Touch Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1/L)[/sblock][/Sblock]Left to do: pick out one more Feat and one more Trait... Thoughts?

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
If we end up playing elven siblings, Shayuri, I would venture that the spellcaster should be the elder of the two. I think that would be a bit against type, where the older martial sibling usually acts as the bodyguard for the younger magical one.

lacker

Villager
[OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent (Recruiting now)

I hope I am not falling behind. I have not found these links: "OOC, IC & RG will all be linked from the first post of each thread (e.g. links to IC & RG will be on the first post of this thread)."
Also, is there a stated date when our characters should be done?
Don't want to miss any deadlines.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=6761888]lacker[/MENTION]: This thread is the OOC. I do not think the rg and ic are created yet.

Shayuri

First Post
Kaodi...it looks like I'm starting to lean half-elf. We could be half-siblings? :)

But as a half elf it's unlikely I'm older than you in terms of years. I might be in terms of development though.

Kaodi

Hero
Snowcaster Elves are pretty rare in the Land of the Linnorm Kings as it is. So if there were to be a half-Snowcaster elf it would probably happen there rather than anywhere else. The age differential would certainly make our relationship delightfully complicated, and perhaps even feed into a bit my characters being kind of sullen: the thought of his younger sibling growing old and dying long before him has always weighed heavy on his shoulders.

Remove ads