• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Tailspinner: Can Fastus try to lower the cost of anything forge-based the party buys? Maybe with a combination of Blacksmithing (he helps build the thing out of his own time) and Diplomacy vs his Da (the town blacksmith and all (which they just saved; and sold a bunch of raw material to at really low cost))?

How do you want to handle the show, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21705]Graybeard[/MENTION]? I was going to do a description of the how without going into word for word myself. You guys think we should do something more detailed?

EDIT= Ack, so CLOSE to that 2nd level!

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee!

Sachiko's plan is to sabotage it, of course, and try to steal credit for everything. It might be fun to RP out, but I have a suspicion my creativity may not be up to the task at the moment. My well's been running curiously dry of late.

In my headcanon it works a bit like Cyrano de Bergerac recounting the battle with 100 men, with Sachiko as Christian who keeps heckling him. Only she might use an illusionary caricreature of him behind his back to mock him, or try to throw him off with Ghost Sounds and Messages. Trying to get the audience to laugh -at- him rather than with him. :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Please role-play your shopping trips. Also you may attempt to improve your relationship with your chosen NPC. For the type of gift that could improve your relationship look at my copies of the character sheets in the Rogues Gallery. Role-play that as well.
That is a lot of different NPC interactions. ;)

Or are we supposed to handle the shopping trips ourselves?
Where can we go in Sandpoint?
I can hunt up the town information (I think it is the 1st module of RotRL) if we are supposed to use that.

Shayuri

First Post
lol...because he's trying to take the credit and because he tried bully her into giving up her preciouses and...neener!

That said, we can say they worked out their little differences as they talked it over, and she's on board to give a fair and balanced accounting of the evening's heroics by the time it comes time to perform! Because you're right..in my head my first idea was way funnier than it would have been to actually play out.

There is still room for a friendlier competitiveness, I think, but yes, it's better not to make it mean-spirited.

Glad we discussed this in advance. Some ideas need outside perspectives before their flaws are apparent. :)

Binder Fred

I had time today so I'm sending you guys the first bit by PM. I suggest we three edit it to bits and then post the final form so the PCs, NPCs and the crowd can react to the show. That sound ok?

By the way I'll be mostly off-line during christmas week (21th to the 27th). I'm trying to confirm if there's going to be any link to the internet where we're going right now, but better assume not by default.

G

Guest 11456

That is a lot of different NPC interactions. ;)

Or are we supposed to handle the shopping trips ourselves?
Where can we go in Sandpoint?
I can hunt up the town information (I think it is the 1st module of RotRL) if we are supposed to use that.

Just handle the shopping trip yourself like you did IC. You can handle the gift and presentation yourselves as well.

It appears that Fastus, Elsbeth and Sachiko have their gift in the works. For Jariah's gift for Koya assume a base of any outfit from 1gp to 10gp and use a multiplier of x2 to x5. The better the quality the higher the price. For Suldrel and Wireth look at some of the kits in Ultimate Equipment or gear that could be used for adventuring. The better the gift the more likely the better the outcome.

G

Guest 11456

Tailspinner: Can Fastus try to lower the cost of anything forge-based the party buys? Maybe with a combination of Blacksmithing (he helps build the thing out of his own time) and Diplomacy vs his Da (the town blacksmith and all (which they just saved; and sold a bunch of raw material to at really low cost))?

I am gonna say no to that. You already made extra money for the party. Besides after you finish with your presentation you need to get some rest. Remember that you are down two CON points. I am thinking that his dad is a bit put out with him since he went out adventuring instead of staying and helping at the smithy. Or you can come up with your own reasons on game.

Binder Fred

Makes sense and fits with what we know of Fastus' dad so far, so: perfect.

Is Ameiko going to post IC though? (Both Fastus and Sachiko are clamoring for her attention :)).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Just handle the shopping trip yourself like you did IC. You can handle the gift and presentation yourselves as well.

For Jariah's gift for Koya assume a base of any outfit from 1gp to 10gp and use a multiplier of x2 to x5. The better the quality the higher the price.
Okay, thanks. I will wrap up the shopping myself. Since there is nothing special to be gained having Fastus help pick out a chain shirt for Jariah, I will probably just take care of that too.

Just to confirm, you are not going to reply with Koya either, TS?

Remove ads