• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

jkason

First Post
Trying to catch up, and a heads up: I'll have no internet access from Dec 19- 29. Feel free to NPC Wireth during that time, since I know he slows things down enough as it is.

G

Guest 11456

Just to confirm, you are not going to reply with Koya either, TS?

Correct. To make things easier on all involved handle the entire interactions both shopping and the presentation of the gift yourself.

I will let each player know when the NPC interactions are complete for each character.

Also, because it will be happening soon as well go ahead and figure out your second level changes.

I will let you know when each of you are there.

G

Guest 11456

Trying to catch up, and a heads up: I'll have no internet access from Dec 19- 29. Feel free to NPC Wireth during that time, since I know he slows things down enough as it is.

Nothing really planned for the next few weeks with the holidays approaching. Just post when you can with Wireth's shopping and gift (if you choose).

Kaodi

Hero
I am not even sure if I had an idea for what sort of rage power I would choose at 2nd level. The Elemental Kin power that replaces trap sense made sense, but whether I meant to take the Elemental Rage powers or go with something more "mundane" ... Quick Reflexes might be a good candidate, since it synergizes with using reach weapons.

(As a note for later, Nimble Moves might be a candidate for feat at 3rd level...)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I kind of like the idea of Suldrel having some cold elemental rage powers...seems in keeping with him!

But it's all good. 2nd level still leaves plenty of room for development. :)

Kaodi

Hero
Elemental Rage actually lets you pick when you start raging. So Suldrel would be able to use all of cold, fire, electricity, and acid. The issue is whether I would want to intentionally gimp myself by sticking to just cold to keep in line with flavour.

Shayuri

First Post
You could do it developmentally...maybe he's most comfortable with cold, but learns to channel other forces all Avatar-style until his eyes go all glowy with it. :)

jkason

First Post
I started looking at trying to move Wireth into a ranged support position given suggestions that we needed more ranged support, but I really don't think he'll be especially viable there. I took the Falconer archetype with the assumption he'd be going TWF with his double axe. Losing the 6th level combat style feat doesn't hurt nearly as much there. With his current Dex, though, he'd need the "ignore prereqs" feat at 6th level to take the ranged feats someone in that position needs.

We still have a little time until level up, but my inclination at present is to stick with my initial plan, since I think he'd just be a subpar archer given his Dex and archetype.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I started looking at trying to move Wireth into a ranged support position given suggestions that we needed more ranged support, but I really don't think he'll be especially viable there. I took the Falconer archetype with the assumption he'd be going TWF with his double axe. Losing the 6th level combat style feat doesn't hurt nearly as much there. With his current Dex, though, he'd need the "ignore prereqs" feat at 6th level to take the ranged feats someone in that position needs.

We still have a little time until level up, but my inclination at present is to stick with my initial plan, since I think he'd just be a subpar archer given his Dex and archetype.
Yeah, unless you retooled ability scores, it might be hard to focus on an archer build. Personally, I like the switch hitter style of ranger build that can do both. Much more versatile and flexible.

But luckily rangers are proficient in all martial weapons and you can have effect versatility that can still be competitive with lower BAB class ranged attackers.

Remove ads