Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

jkason

First Post
I was looking at the switch hitter in what I'm talking about, actually. That build largely relies on using your Combat Style feats for the archery stuff (since they ignore prerequisites) and building stats mostly around melee (STR focus).

The big hitch in that is, as I said, Wireth's archetype trading away his 6th level Combat Style Feat. He can take Rapid Shot at 2nd, but it'll be 10th level before he has access to a second, prereq-free feat. Which, to my thinking, hurts his effectiveness at archery. Perhaps I'm overvaluing Manyshot, and a first round Rapid shot is sufficient.

It doesn't help that I build Wireth for using those prereq-free feats on a Two Weapon fighting build. Wireth ALSO doesn't have the dex to actually take Two Weapon Fighting on his own, which makes his double axe less than idea.

Enh. It'll be after my vacation before I can do any building on him, anyway, so I'll mull.

Kaodi

Hero
Maybe I will go Elemental Rage. Reach weapons are thematic for fighting big, singular creatures for which more AoO not an issue. And maybe the fact that he will be able to use other elements (I like the development idea) is a result of some sort of subtle influence Sachiko's true nature has had on him.

jkason

First Post
Sorry about the MW error, TS. It's my first time playing with a double weapon, and I totally missed the pricing change. It makes total sense, though; otherwise, every TWF character would just invest in double weapons for massive cost savings. :)

I updated his attack routine for the TWF version of the weapon, and made a "1x" note on the equipment entry to try to indicate it's only MW on one end.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I was looking at the switch hitter in what I'm talking about, actually. That build largely relies on using your Combat Style feats for the archery stuff (since they ignore prerequisites) and building stats mostly around melee (STR focus).

The big hitch in that is, as I said, Wireth's archetype trading away his 6th level Combat Style Feat. He can take Rapid Shot at 2nd, but it'll be 10th level before he has access to a second, prereq-free feat. Which, to my thinking, hurts his effectiveness at archery. Perhaps I'm overvaluing Manyshot, and a first round Rapid shot is sufficient.

It doesn't help that I build Wireth for using those prereq-free feats on a Two Weapon fighting build. Wireth ALSO doesn't have the dex to actually take Two Weapon Fighting on his own, which makes his double axe less than idea.

Enh. It'll be after my vacation before I can do any building on him, anyway, so I'll mull.
Hmm, the switch hitter concept typically doesn’t go the TWF route because of the need for all of the feats. By going half-orc and falconer, you are running short on feats even more, so that will impact your plans as well.

Pretty much no matter what you decide, getting close to optimization appears to be unlikely. Not that there is anything wrong with that, ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, I wouldn't stress over Manyshot. Rapid Shot and BAB iterative attacks will probably be fine. Get that feat that lets you 'power attack' with ranged damage, and you can up your damage-per-shot rather than just flinging as many arrows as possible.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Just a heads up, with holiday vacation coming I will be out of the country from 24-31 Dec. While normally I would be visiting relatives and have Internet along with some time to post, this year it is a tour package and we will be staying in various hotels as we move from city to city. So my smart phone Internet and laptop Wi-Fi capability are unknown.

If necessary you can NPC my character.

Merry Christmas!

Remove ads