• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Kaodi

Hero
Oh, I actually have my character sheet ready. Did not realize you wanted them posted here first. I opted for a shorter version this time rather than the one I usually use. The only thing I have not decided yet on as a name.
[sblock]
Name
Arctic Elf Elemental Kin Barbarian 1
Chaotic Good

ABILITY SCORES
STR 16
DEX 16
CON 13
INT 12
WIS 15
CHA 8

HP & DEFENSES
HP 17
AC 15
Touch AC 13
FF AC 12
Fort Save +4
Reflex Save +4
Will Save +2

ATTACKS
Initiative +3
Base Attack Bonus +1
Combat Manuever Bonus +4
Combat Maneuver Defense 17

SKILLS
Trained: Craft (Carpentry) +5, Handle Animal +3, Perception +8, Ride +7, Survival +6
Untrained: Acrobatics +3, Appraise +1, Bluff -1, Climb +3, Craft +1, Diplomacy -1, Disguise -1, Escape Artist +3, Heal +2, Intimidate -1, Knowledge +1, Linguistics +1, Perform -1, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +3, Swim +3
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven

FEATS
Toughness

RACIAL FEATURES
+2 to Dex/Int, -2 to Con, +1 Hit Point / Level, Keen Senses, Elven Weapon Familiarity, Darkvision 60 ft (w/Light Sensitivity), Desert Runner, Elemental Resistance (Cold 5)
Favoured Class: Barbarian

TRAITS
Resilient, Younger Sibling (Shalelu)

CLASS FEATURES
Proficiency with Simple and Martial Weapons, Light and Medium Armour, Shields (not Tower)
Fast Movement +10 ft, Rage 5 rounds/day

EQUIPMENT
Wealth: 4 gp, 0 sp, 0 cp
Magic Items: None
Mundane Items: Explorer's Outfit, Leather Armour, Longspear, Dagger, Sling, Backpack, Flint & Steel, Waterskin, Carpenter's Tools

ADVANCEMENT
2nd Level:
[/sblock]

lacker

Villager
[OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent (Recruiting now)

All: Despite my best intentions, I will have to withdraw from playing to attend to some family matters. I apologize for taking a spot. I hope to return in the future to experience PbP. My apologies, once again, for any inconvenience.

G

Guest 11456

Character concepts:
MasqueradingVampire - studious wizard
Shayuri - kitsune ninja or half-elf sorcerer
Kaodi - arctic elf barbarian (elemental kin)
Binder Fred - human oracle of flame

No problem, lacker. Hope all works out well with the family.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Do we need a healer? Maybe I should switch to a Cleric of Irori or Nethys (probably Irori) and keep the same overall character concept (sheltered studious type).

G

Guest 11456

Do we need a healer? Maybe I should switch to a Cleric of Irori or Nethys (probably Irori) and keep the same overall character concept (sheltered studious type).

Please note that there is no need for "staking a claim" for a concept.
As players you should play what you want to play.
As a DM it is my job to tailor the AP to the party's makeup.
So if we have a party full of fighters, for instance, I should make it so that everyone has fun.

Please do not worry about such things.
Please play what you want to play.
I will do my best to make it fun for all.

Shayuri

First Post
Given that right now we have a wizard in the works, I feel like the thiefy sort of character would have a clearer party role...and I will admit, I've been really digging the character background I'm coming up with, with Tailspinner's help.

I feel really bad for leading Kaodi on though, and I really liked what he and I came up with too. I keep thinking there must be a way we might have both.

Stay tuned! Cake is for having AND eating!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
'Friend In Every Town' is from Ultimate Campaign, I think. I picked it off the Paizo site (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/traits.html). More than happy to go with Favored Son instead though.

Character sheet updated.

Flames can be warm and soothing...they can symbolize not just raw destruction, but renewal and rebirth (as in a phoenix).
So he'd be burning wounds off of people? Interresting idea... with cool visuals too...

OK, if MasqueradingVampire doesn't go for a cleric I think we'll go with that. If she does, I still feel a lesser version of CLW would fit the original concept better, say (Tailspinner willing) full power healing vs cold or heat damage, half power otherwise. Tack on something like a half-power Endure Elements (cold only) to balance things out a bit and that would be my ideal "support" build, I think.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Re your concept, shayuri, have you thought of a possessing spirit? Specifically say the spirit of one of Ameiko's family retainers possessing/forming an aliance with Kaodi's sister (who was previously weak/wounded/sickened)?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hi guys {waves to those he knows} :)

It has been a while since I have tried to play any EnW games outside of LPF, but I saw the advertisement and thought I might try to play one of the characters I have sitting around.

[sblock=Human Summoner]Jariah Taliaferro

Description:
JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg

An attractive woman with light skin, slender athletic build, and small breasts. Green eyes and long brown hair. Good physical conditioning and agile, but not very strong looking. She has angular face and decent bone structure. She wears a black jacket over her armor, with gold trim and black leather pants. She has black leather boots with a 1 inch heel that go up to mid thigh.
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 120 lbs

Personality:
Jariah is a secretive woman, not easily trusting of people when she first meets them. She can be polite and friendly if necessary, but she remains wary until she gets to know them. She is not above using her looks and gender to get her way, but prefers to use her wits instead. She has no qualms about using deceit or threats of intimidation either, being pragmatic. She can be extremely vengeful when scorned and is not afraid to use violence to accomplish her goals. Not really trusting in the laws of man or morality, she tends to just be herself and instead of worrying about the conflicts between good and evil.

Jariah has a wanderlust spirit from traveling around Varisia growing up, but no real desire to stay in Sandpoint. She learned to be independent in the dangerous world, but does not feel like settling down in one place. Someday she might want to have a family of her own, but sees no reason to stop traveling to do it. When old Nishka as her to go with Koya if she should travel abroad, she was actually excited about the prospect.

Background:
Jariah was born of a half-elven father and human mother in Varisia. Her father, Justiel, was an arcane hunter, descended from wild forest elves. Her mother, Dorsana, was a pious woman of Desna that had a fixation in her wild youth for elven men. While traveling in a caravan, Dorsana had a regular tryst with Justiel on one of their stops through Nybor. One such meeting conceived Jariah, and Dorsana stayed in Sandpoint for a few years following the birth of her daughter. Jariah ended up favoring her human heritage more strongly, only inheriting elf-like reflexes and some arcane abilities from her father. Despite not having any real love between them, her parents remained friends and Justiel often came to visit the child in Sandpoint and even helped care for the mother and daughter's welfare when times were difficult.

Dorsana raised Jariah in Sandpoint, yet let her daughter spend several weeks over the year with Justiel after she reached her 8th birthday. Dorsana had resumed traveling with the caravans once more with her mentor and friend Koya Mvashti, another cleric of Desna. Jariah would sometimes stay with her father until the caravan would pass back through Nybor on the return leg. Whenever Dorsana wanted her daughter to stay behind in Sandpoint, Jariah stayed with Koya's mother Niska Mvashti.

In those months, the father and daughter spent time discussing the arcane arts. When she became a teenager some of her magical lineage started coming forth as well. This pleased Justiel as he was proud to be able to pass along some of his gifts and talents.

During those teenage years, Jariah spent as much time with Koya and Niska Mvashti as well as her mother and father. When she was 17, her mother was killed in an accident on one of the caravan trips to Korvosa. Dorsana was riding in wagon when it overturned. She was found inside with a broken neck when the men of the caravan tried to help her.

Jariah was consoled by the older Mvashti women as she mourned. A few weeks later, the young woman spent the year after her mother's death living with her father in his cabin in the forests east of Nybor. Without the influence of her mother, she pursued her arcane abilities with her father instead. While Justiel was a spellblade of a different sort, he was still able to help his daughter learn the methods of spellcasting and conjuration. She had practiced and eventually was able to call forth an eidolon. It took the form of a black cat-like creature that looked like a jaguar except for the sigil on its forehead and shorter tail.

However after learning more about the arcane arts, she was not content to stay in one place for very long and she resumed traveling with the next caravan of Sandru Vhiski that came through Nybor.

It was chance or fate that saw Jariah in Sandpoint a few weeks before Niska Mvashti passed away.

~ Vignette of Jariah at Age 19 ~
Jariah did not think much of it when old Niska Mvashti sent word for her to come to her home. She had been around Sandpoint for few days, but had yet to stop in for a visit.

She had seen Koya already. The older woman was still spry and they had been wistfully talking about visiting Qadira or the lands up north. The young woman was thinking that some tea and sweat cakes would be nice and she could as the matriarch about her days traveling beyond Varisia.

Approaching the house, Jariah had resolved to spend the afternoon hearing of Niska's travels. After knocking and entering the home, she greeted the ancient woman.

"Good afternoon, Nana Niska. How are you today?"

"Fine fine, child. Come have a seat I have something more important to talk to you about that how an old dying woman feels." The old woman was hunched in her favorite chair and gestured for Jariah to take a seat facing her.

In a humoring tone, Jariah sat down, "Oh Nana, you look well. You are not dying."

Niska's wrinkled face was not amused and she waved her hand in a gesture for the young woman to stop. "You and I both know I have lived longer than I should and look every bit my age. So quit you fooling dear, this is important."

Jariah smile dropped and there was some concern in her eyes as she looked back at the ancient woman with a arched eyebrow. She was listening.

"I am not much longer for this world. No, no, do not interrupt. And, my daughter is no young lady any more either. I want you to promise me something. If she decides to take it to mind to travel on a long journey to far off lands, you are to go with and watch over her."

"Where would she be going?"

"Never mind that child. Promise me!"

"Okay, Nana. I promise." It was not an arm twister, she would of course go with if she could. Any opportunity to see a far off land would be welcome.

"Good. Now go make an old woman some tea. With a little rum in it too. My old bones hurt."

Jariah nodded and went to the kitchen, smiling. Old Nana Niska would like a little rum in her tea even without the aching bones.[/sblock]
She would bring more melee with the eidolon & some arcane casting support.

I also have an Aasimar Oracle of Time that I like. She is more of a caster build that could work just as well and provide a second healer too. But I am hesitant to jump on BF’s toes with a second Oracle. However, it looks like he is making more of a Melee type build? Then they would be very different.
This oracle's sheet has not been updated for Jade Regent (crunch), but the background would be the same.

[MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION]; I have a couple of questions for you:
1. What sort of posting frequency are you looking to maintain?
2. How are planning to run combat? Specifically wondering about tactical grids & group initiative
3. What style of game do you run?

Remove ads