• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC - Pathfinder] The Fog of War

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
So what I do is that the DM rolls initiative for the PCs as a group, using their best init mod. When it's the PCs' turn to act, they act in order of posting - first post first served. The DM resolves whatever is needed (such as enemy mortality) after each post, if he gets to it before the others post. Then the NPCs act, and then the PCs, etc.

That sounds like a plan, kinem, although I do prefer to wait until everyone has posted before working on the resolution.

I also prefer that the DM makes most rolls. If the player wants he can roll on IC; otherwise, the DM rolls.

This I'm not as keen on as I don't like taking the time to look up character stats, et cetera. If such information is provided to me, I can handle the dice rolling if necessary or requested.

So, in a bit, I'm going to hop over the IC thread and officially declare the first round of combat started with the PCs getting to go first.

Is there room for another player?

Sure, why not? Head back to the first post of this thread for character specifics. Work out where your character was and what he was doing when the mysterious fog sucked him into a strange new world.

Wanted to say I am not *quite* sure I get the character creation rules. I definitely want to make one but I just want to be clear on some things.

This part:

4. Each character receives 5d4+5 points to spend on increasing his basic attributes, bought according to Table 2-1: Ability Score Costs. Use Invisible Castle for this roll as well.

I am not all that clear on that part. Also the thing says out of the Beta, so are the classes on the SDR like the witch and all of those okay? They're on the SDR after all.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I am not all that clear on that part. Also the thing says out of the Beta, so are the classes on the SDR like the witch and all of those okay? They're on the SDR after all.

Doh! I forgot that this game started with the Beta rules. Give me a day or so to sort things out. I'm a bit under the weather right now due to an infection swelling up part of my face.

ghostcat

First Post
The Witch and Oracle classes are part of the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide, which is scheduled for later in the year. The current classes have been made available for Playtesting. Therefore, its up to Mark as to whether or not to allow them.

BTW. Four APG classes have been released so far. Another two are due for release shortly. The full class descriptions are available in a couple of, free, PDFs. Available from the Paizo site.

Remove ads