[OOC] Playing Dice with the Universe

Leif

Adventurer
If it's just the 2 of us, BF, I think we'd better round up a couple of warm bodies to help us out. Maybe we can scout up a small side adventure to get some thug-hiring cash?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Exactly what I was thinking! :D

It seems likely none of our character's Cha is going to be very good though, so we'll either need to pay them very well indeed or, in Trinibar's case, maybe hire them through his church for that added devotional morale boost? Probably both. Should be fun in any case.

(Just too bad mine is a crusader or we could have gone with a bank robbing capper on this one or something... Although, if it was an infidel bank. :devil::devil::angel:)

Leif

Adventurer
Sir Dublemas the Bold has exactly zero gold pieces, so he's all for finding some way to get some cash. He could also stand to buy a bit more equipment, too.

His father is Sir Devinhall the Mighty, and he has two older brothers who are ahead of him in line to inherit, Sir Dalfon and Sir Dugger. Dublemas's honorific 'Sir' is by courtesy alone out of respect for his father. It is not used among non-Dwarves, and he doesn't use it when introducing himself in any event. Dalfon and Dugger have earned their titles of "Sir" by doughty deeds of derring-do and just general bad-a**edness. Dublemas hopes to follow their example and bring still more honor to the House of Devinhall.

Binder Fred

I don't know. I was sort of hoping for something more raider-y than rescuing imaginary relatives from goblins, something more character-driven... Could we go in looking for a lost family heirloom to sell instead or something?

Binder Fred

Alrighty then. How about his fiance, Lady Godelief (whom he hasn't actually met yet, this being an arranged marriage)?

I went ahead and swapped his int and Cha by the way, so he can't read or write anymore. Let's call it a mysterious, undifferentiated curse for now, details in your capable hands if it ever comes up? (This group could really use some sort of CHA-boosting relic or something, I'm thinking <hint, hint>:)).

[sblock=Mysterious scroll]This is a scroll of learning disability. As you read it, yol will smolwey bekat confused by thhr printed wertz. You belrxring abiliditry will vanisht like a aridzoba frost, leabing ou a mrxfl bankok snurly do! Frango zappa, mango xrt, xrt, xrt! Manjjrx/$?*(/""%?&*... ...... .[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads