[OOC] Playing Dice with the Universe

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
It does indeed. I have, of late, had a tendency to bite off more than I could chew. I shall return to the GMing realms after I've dabbled my toes a bit in the waters of playing.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Having considered all of the options, I'd like to come back to this and give it another try, with the following changes...

The original D&D rules are just too awkward and cumbersome so I'd like to move forward a bit to the 1981 basic set rules (which are in most ways similar to the 1983 "Red Box" basic set rules that I started playing D&D with).

I'd thus want to reboot the IC thread to reflect that change, though the goal would still be to play through everything (eventually). Our illustrious Professor Blake would thus have a modest collection of D&D products on his shelves encompassing Basic D&D and AD&D.

Our first adventure would also change to B1: In Search of the Unknown as Temple of the Frog is much too potent for 1st level adventurers.

What say you? Willing to give me a second chance?

Leif

Adventurer
You are talking about the J. Eric Holmes foreworded Blue Basic Rulebook, aren't you? That was my introduction to the game WAY back in the day.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I cut my teeth on this myself, so this brings back memories (saw the cover of my very first adventure module while browsing through: B3, Palace of the silver princess!).

I'm in.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Groovy! One more and we'll be good to go.

Some of the basics to get started on characters (or you can keep the rolls for the character you created originally).

3d6 for ability scores, but arrange to fit the class you want to play.
Max hit points at 1st level.

Classes are Fighter, Magic-User, Thief, Cleric, Dwarf, Elf, and Halfling.

More details to come.

Leif

Adventurer
Holmes basic is almost like Moldvay, but Dwarves and Halflings have the option of choosing to be thieves instead of fighters, and Elves can chose to be Thieves instead of Fighter/Magic-Users.

i also have the Moldvay Basic book and the Cook/Marsh companion volume, Expert Rules.

Remove ads