[OOC] Playing Dice with the Universe

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
With apologies...

There's a couple of forces at work holding this game back. One is that we seem to be down to two active players which is less than ideal. Two, after a read-through of the rules, I am thoroughly not grooving with them. I guess I'm a little more spoiled by later incarnations of D&D than I realized. :p

So, I'm going to set this aside and try again with something that's a little more my style at some later date. Probably something in the World of Darkness. Vampire, perhaps.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Erm I'm active but i rarely (read: never) post on the weekends. And yesterday was the last day of Q4 for us which meant I had no time to come to ENWorld.

I am oblivious to the rules actually. We can always switch to 3.5/PF for the sake of convenience.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
MV provided us with a good summary of OD&D character-creation here, Myth. Basically starts the same as always: roll 3d6 six times for your base attributes (the same six as usual) and arrange as you want. Follow that up with rolling 3d6X10 for your starting gold, choose your class or race (they're pretty much the same thing at this point in time) and you're basically done.

We can roleplay (parts of) your character creation process in the IC thread if you want? Could be fun (and certainly game-appropriate :)).

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
So, vote then...

I'm not terribly keen on continuing with these rules after reading through them (and I apologize for jumping the gun and getting everyone's hopes up). If you guys are still interested in continuing, what I (and our good Professor in-game) will do is house rule the heck out of this thing and go from there.

Yes? No? Other ideas?

willvr

First Post
Still around, preparing for house inspection.

Having said that; whilst I'm not a huge fan of basic, I don't really have a great deal of interest in pursuing something that's a whole mess of house rules, and I'm in enough 3.5 etc games as is.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Give me a bit to work out some details. I also feel that the Professor Blake premise is falling flat so I'm probably going to reboot completely. Be on the lookout for a new thread.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Well Josh and Bert seem to have hit it off real well, and Mary Elise's intro seemed like a good way to showcase (and comment) on some of the mechanics involved before the actual game-game started. I rather liked it overall myself.

Leif

Adventurer
I agree with Binder Fred, I have been having plenty of fun with the game so far. Still, re-boot if you wish, but if you do so, please put a link to the new thread in this thread. I don't usually go browsing around the forum, so I might not find the new thread otherwise.

Remove ads