[OOC] Playing Dice with the Universe

Leif

Adventurer
Yay! I'm trying to conjure up a copy of the rules as well, but I can't (or won't) pay what you paid for it, MV.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Question - What would be more fun and/or make more sense? Setting adventures in their "native" worlds or finding places for them in one world? I have a vague idea for hopping around between the various settings but I wanted to get your input first.

Leif

Adventurer
It makes more sense to me to keep the setting consistent and make the adventures fit the setting. No two times that an adventure is run are going to be the same, even with the same Gamemaster running them, so I don't see the harm in adjusting the adventures to fit with a consistent setting. At least that way, the players can be more invested in their characters if they see how the characters fit in with the setting and if the setting can grow and develop along with the characters. This is just my opinion, but I also see how it could be just as compelling to have the characters jump between worlds.

willvr

First Post
Argument for: Well if your plan is to run -every- module; you'll eventually get to Planescape/Spelljammer which seems a fairly natural progression if you're world hopping.

Argument against - It's a hell of a lot of world-hopping; and the interest of those two settings was it finally made available world-hopping for low-levels.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I kind of like the idea of a single world as well, with the time-hopping thing you mentionned before tying it all together, MV? Sort of the professor's developing homebrew setting, so to speak. Prime materials are fairly big places too, so incompatible canon settings could be placed on other continents/planets/center of the earth if need be?

willvr

First Post
Assuming it's his own homebrew world rather than using Greyhawk or something, I don't think there'd be too much incompatible. Maybe some of the weirder settings like Dark Sun or Dragonlance. Even there you should just be able to narrow down the scope for it to only affect a single continent.

Remove ads