• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Psionicle

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm... alright. I'll see what's going on, then. You've taken quite a bit of damage, so I think that you're probably at your normal max, or less.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Let's go through this very slowly, Osius.

Begin 1st Round - 23/23
'Kreen Attacks for 12 points - 11/23
Shardorn Heals for 6 points - 17/23
Manifest Vigor - 26/32
End 1st Round - 26/32

Begin 2nd Round - 26/32
'Kreen Attacks for 8 points - 18/24
Shardorn Heals for 6 points - 24/24
End 2nd Round - 24/24

Is this correct? You took 8 damage, so 8 was subtracted from both your current hit points, and your max hit points with the temps. Thus, you had a max total of 24, rather than 23. You were healed, and this last temp hit point was healed because you had not taken 9 points since you used Vigor.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Dalamar - as for the 'Kreen, yes, it technically attacked twice.

The bite and the 4 claws are one attack, according to the PsiHB Web Enhancement...

4 claws +6 melee and bit +4 melee; or gythka +4/+4 melee; or 2 chatchka +6 ranged

Thus, the Thri-Kreen attacked Osius with both all four claws and it's jaw. It then used an AoO against Sahgrim (who was next to it to hit it) with a chatchka. I reduced the attack to one chatchka because it was an AoO, as it seemed more appropriate.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC:I didn't remember the AoO *slaps himself to forehead* And yes, it could only attack once with an AoO because you must use full-attack action for more than one attack. Problem solved.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
About More People...

I didn't really ask you - the group - about this topic. I mainly got the idea stuck in my head that you were happy with the current size, and that adding more would mess up the group.

About having more people in the group. I think it's your call. When it comes down to it, if PC can run a game with all the iconics involved, I think that we can handle a group slightly larger than what it is. Mainly because it's a PbP, rather than a live game.

So, I leave the idea up to you. Do you want more people in, or not?

This question mainly popped up because it seems several are out here on the boards, looking to start new games or asking about openings. I'll leave the idea to you, though - more people probably won't start to be a burden until we get into the early teens.

I think we're kindof fine as we are, perhaps needing a techno-person, however, there are several new play by post games coming (In search for heroes as an example) so I don't think those people have to wait that long to get a spot in.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I think the Messageboard play is just getting hot, it'll go over.

But I wouldn't refuse another (maybe two) players outright. It would be fun to have some real muscle. But I'm fine with just the guys we have now.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Let's go through this very slowly, Osius.

Begin 1st Round - 23/23
'Kreen Attacks for 12 points - 11/23
Shardorn Heals for 6 points - 17/23
Manifest Vigor - 26/32
End 1st Round - 26/32

Begin 2nd Round - 26/32
'Kreen Attacks for 8 points - 18/24
Shardorn Heals for 6 points - 24/24
End 2nd Round - 24/24

Is this correct? You took 8 damage, so 8 was subtracted from both your current hit points, and your max hit points with the temps. Thus, you had a max total of 24, rather than 23. You were healed, and this last temp hit point was healed because you had not taken 9 points since you used Vigor.

Now I'm confused, LOL.

Redoing it without looking at your example (to keep myself honest), here's what I came up with:

Round 1:
"The 'Kreen gets 10, 24, 18, and 25. Three of the four claws hit Osius. They inflict 4, 3, and 3 points of damage, for a total of 12 damage to Osius."

This puts Osius down from 23 to 11.

Then, "Shardorn uses Cure Light Wounds upon Osius, healing him of 6 points of damage."

This makes him go to 17 out of 23.

Then, Osius manifests Vigor (+9 hit points).
17/23; +9 temp. Or 26/32

Round 2:
"The 'Kreen gets a 17, 8, 17, and 16 for the claw attacks. Three of these attacks hit. It's bite attack gets an 18, and this also hits. Osius takes 3, 3, and 2 points of damage, for a total of 8 points of damage to Osius"

This all comes off the Vigor, so Osius is at 17/23; +1 temp. Or 18/24.

Then, still in Round 2, "Shardorn heals Osius with a Cure Light Wounds. She manages to heal Osius for 6 points of damage."

Now Osius's base hit points is healed, since temporary hit points can't be healed. Thus he becomes 23/23 on his base hit points; +1 temp. Or 24/24.

This meshes with what I had listed for my last posting, and it meshes with what you have. We're just writing it differently, to say the same thing. I'm breaking it down into regular and temporary points.

:)

Greg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads