D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I see now why you think so; the figure of the Giant covers most of the clear spot it's in, but I described it (and intended it) as a cleft in the cliffs. Just to be amenable, we can assume that there's enough slope (what with that cliff-looking bit in front of the giant) and it's tall enough, that I'll assume that you can get them both. The wight's feet are at least 20 feet above the ground under the giant's feet, though. Sorry if I failed to make that clear.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm taking too long doing this - I'll have to get back to it after work. I might not finish until tomorrow. Sorry about that, gang, I should have tried to keep up better. Been busy.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So the way I see it, there are 3 important things we need to do

1: Stop Sesto from sinking into the abyss. [MENTION=6877470]Prickly Pear[/MENTION] , what would happen if you cast water walk? [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION], can that board go under water? Anyone else have a trick? :/

2: Slow down that skeleton giant - we don't need it dead right now, just delayed.

3: Focus fire. We've done 120 points of damage in one round (!!!)... but no enemy is dead because we all shot at different targets! I'll keep the leader distracted, but people with the capacity to easily pick target should focus if possible.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord could Dimension door if he could touch Sesto and be able to cast. He's not exactly the heroic type, though he might find it funny to have Sesto feeling he owed him.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
1: The board is under with Sesto. Technically, he still has it; he just hasn't managed to get on it. I assume it's harder to use when you're not the one commanding it. RAW you can only fly it if you say the command word. Lorenn is still in command of it, ATM.

2: Easier said than done.

3: Overrated. Seriously, though, it's a good tactic in the game, but I find using it to excess sometimes makes things narratively strange. It's because of the way the game works that it's such a good tactic, but IRL it would have limited uses (more in a modern conflict than in a traditional one). The point it falls apart for me (immersion-wise) is when people turn away from an opponent they are actively fighting to focus-fire on someone else. You'd get yourself killed if you did that and pick-your-partner combat works better in those cases.

Anyway, that's not happening here yet, so feel free to focus-fire more than you are! Ranged (and Spell) attackers have the luxury of scanning the field for where their efforts would work best, in particular when they are off on their own and not being targeted. That's where it best doesn't effect my sense of immersion.

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus can help with number 2. With a -3, it only has a 10% chance of succeeding on its saving throw against his attacks.

Give us one more level, and creatures with a -3 Int will have to Crit to beat his DC.

Remove ads