D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer

It’s the holiday season. I’m running 3 games as well, and I’ve all but stalled on them. I think it’s just the season. Personally, the slow pace is what has allowed me to keep up this past month. Otherwise I would have gotten behind quite a bit. And I may be mistaken, but this and the Daggerford one are the only games of mine that are still going, I think. Maybe one or two others, I can remember right now. So please, let’s keep going as we have time. It’ll pick up eventually.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If you are considering dropping a game, it should be the one you have the least fun/hope with. A gm needs drive , and ultimately your preference is the most important.

Btw notifications didn't work for me this weekend...

I'd hate to drop any of them. In fact, it's all I can do to stop myself from running another one. I'd love to run Waterdeep with you all, but I know it would be a terrible idea. I'm overtaxed as it is.

It sounds like everyone is fine with things as they are, or like me, would like to see it pick up pace, but are not terribly bothered by it. Gene & Pear are the only people who are only in one of my games (and only this one) and voted 1, so I think if I'm feeling overwhelmed, I won't *drop* this one, but I'll let it move a little slower than the others. (Meaning I won't try to speed it up from here, not that I'll let it slow down any further).

Speaking of which (this game I mean): We are finally at the BEGINNING!

For some reason, even though I know that "cutting to the chase" is even more important in PBP than it is IRL, I still keep adding scenes. I could have made one post at the beginning that had Imani teleport you to the coast and said "six days on a ship later, you arrive at Oyaviggaton!"

I don't know why I do it this way, but I hope you enjoy it!

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Makes things more interesting and gives us a bit more of a background. As far as I'm concerned, it's a good strategy with your DMing style in general.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I never voted incidentally - I would prefer a bit faster but no biggy (so #2?). The holidays will definitely slow things down.

I have faith in you as a GM, burnout is what scares me the most.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I never voted incidentally - I would prefer a bit faster but no biggy (so #2?). The holidays will definitely slow things down.

I have faith in you as a GM, burnout is what scares me the most.

I have an insane sense of responsibility to others. There's almost no chance I would quit, and definitely no chance that I would quit without letting you know (probably negotiating a break or something, even if it came to that). If I suddenly disappear, something terrible has happened.

So the results of my poll is basically what I would expect. The posters who post often would like things to pick up, but are not terribly worried about it. The posters who are a little slower are okay with the pace because it's pretty much all they can handle anyway. The two players I have in Rise that are not in either of my other two games (Gene and Prickly) are happy with the pace, so I don't need to cut any of my games. If I feel like I'm falling behind, I'll just let *this* one be the one that moves slower and I'll try to pick up the pace of the other two.

I like all of my games, so we'll keep moving along as best as we all can. I'll probably prompt people here and there if I feel the need, but otherwise I'll just relax about it. (Not that I was particularly worried, more just curious as to what everyone thought.)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Speaking of which... sorry about my recent failure to post. I swear I've started a post about a dozen times but work and family life has me in a whirlwind of activity right now.

I work at the airport helping UPS move packages around. Which, coupled with the time of year should be pretty well explanatory. I'm off today though so should be able to get some posting in.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I'm a bit at a loss of what to do next. The ship doesn't seem to have any clues other than it indeed was a white dragon paying a visit.
Shall we just go to the Icy Caves and crash the Icy Death's party? Any other suggestions?

Btw, how late in the day is it, [MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION]? Maybe have a long rest before the next few fights? If it still is early morning/midday then, I guess, we should just get going. Sesto hasn't spent many resources.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It's getting late-ish, but you don't currently have a place to take a long rest. You'd be terribly exposed here, (The only good spot is where the little guard hut is) and the Frostskimmr is off avoiding the possibility of a dragon. You could ask the villagers for shelter, but you're already concerned about trusting them.

Remove ads