OOC: Temple of Elemental Evil: Dim_Darknight

unleashed

First Post
Eluvan said:
Mmm... well since Darknight has posted initiative order and a combat map, it's clear that we're going to most likely be fighting these guys.

But... from an IC point of view, do you guys who are posting combat actions have any reason to suppose that the guys are hostile? They could just as easily be Hommlet guards, no?

Well I'd expect Hommlet guards to be challenging us, not hiding in the woods or behind barracades apparently waiting in ambush. Plus of course I'd expect Egoz to recognise Hommlet guards, and DD to have posted that, since he's been staying in Hommlet.

Eluvan

First Post
Ah, ok. The guards was just an example... I guess I was just saying that we should probably at least consider other options before we raced into combat.

No matter. :)

unleashed

First Post
Sure, but that was what I considered before posting my action. Plus of course my action was non-lethal, so if it did end up they weren't hostile no harm done and I could just say we'd heard there were bandits in the area and wake up their sleeping comrades. :)

Eluvan

First Post
Hey, Dim_Darknight, do you think you could give us a little information in your posts about whether our actions succeeded or failed? It would be nice to know who hit and who missed and, in particular in this case, whether the horseman is wounded or not.

Torillan

First Post
I agree with Eluvan, it would be helpful. :)

Also, regarding Torillan, if the bandit in R15 isn't hit, I'd like to take advantage of an AoO if possible. Although, if he only moves or withdraws, he wouldn't get that.

Remove ads