OOC: Temple of Elemental Evil: Dim_Darknight

Dim_darknight

First Post
unleashed and Strahd, you are in. I'm sorry about not informing you sooner.

Friday(Today) is the cut-off day for character submissions. I should get home just before midnight tonight; I'll make the final selections then.

... see the boss lady, so I gotta go.

Last edited:

Chaos Sword

First Post
Here is my character. Hopefully there is a spot left. :)

Name: Griffen Blackstone
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Level: 2
XP: 1000 [next level:3000]
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Olidammara
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 145lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Str: 14 [+2]
Dex: 18 [+4]
Con: 16 [+3]
Int: 12 [+1]
Wis: 15 [+2]
Chr: 10 [0]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Favored Enemy (Goblinoid) +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls
Track
Wild Empathy
Combat Style Archery

Hit Points: 19
Armor Class: 18(+4 Dex, +0 size, +3 armor, +1 shield)
Touch: 14
Flat-footed: 14
Initiative: +8(+4 Dex,+4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +6[+3 base, +3 Con]
Reflex +7 [+3 base, +4 Dex]
Will +2 [+0 base, +2 Wis]

BAB: +2
Melee Atk:+4 [1d8+2, 19-20/x2] Long Sword
Ranged Atk: +6 [1d8, x3, 100‘] Long Bow
Ammunition: 40 arrows

Skills: 40pts 5/2.5 max rank
Concentration +8 [+3 con, +5 ranks]
Heal +7 [+2 wis, +5 ranks]
Hide +9 [+4 dex, +5 ranks]
Listen +7 [+2 wis, +5 ranks]
Move Silently +9 [+4 dex, +5 ranks]
Search +6 [+1 int, +5 ranks]
Spot +7 [+2 wis, +5 ranks]
Survival +7 [+2 wis, +5 ranks]

Feats:
Point Blank Shot +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet
Improved Initiative +4 bonus on initiative checks
Track
Rapid Shot 1 extra attack per round with ranged weapon, full round action, -2 on all attack rolls

Languages:
Common
Goblin
Giant

Armor: Studded Leather
Shield: Light Wooden Shield
Equipment:
Long Bow 75gp 3lbs
40 Arrows 2gp 6lbs
Long Sword 15gp 4lbs
Studded Leather 25gp 20lbs
Light Wooden Shield 3gp 5lbs
Backpack 2gp 2lbs
Sack (empty) 1sp 0.5lbs
Flint and Steel 1gp -lbs
3 Torches 3cp 3lbs
Explorers Outfit 10gp 8lbs
Waterskin 1gp 4lbs
Trail Rations 1 day 5sp 1lbs
Belt Pouch 1gp 0.5lbs

Total Weight: 57lbs
Light load: 58
Medium load: 116
Heavy load: 175
Lift over head: 175
Lift off ground: 350
Push or drag: 875

Treasure: gp, 64sp, 2cp

Description:
Griffen was of average build, slightly shorter than most. He had short brown hair that was often messy and unkempt. He wore a dark green outfit under his leather armor, whose studs were darkened for concealment. He wore tall brown leather boots and a dark green and brown hooded cloak. He had a good personality and was unusually quick with wit and humor. He loved the wilderness and would do what he could to protect it.

Background:
Griffen was born in Verbobonc to a poor family. Soon after his birth his parents decided to move out of the city and established a farm near the outskirts of the Viscount’s territory. The farm bordered a large wooded area and that was where he learned his skills in the forest. He eventually made his home deep in the forest and would only come by the farm occasionally. He developed a faith in Olidammara and frequented some shrines, sharing many beliefs with the people he met there. He started traveling on some adventures in the area northwest of the Verbobonc. He traveled to the city frequently to sell furs and other items from the forest and his adventures. On his latest trip he overheard talk of troubles in a small village to the south. He decided to set out and see if there was anything he could do or any treasure to be found. He had heard of an old shrine to his deity near there and decided to stop by on the way to the village. He found some people worshipping there…

Juggernaut

First Post
Dim_darknight said:
unleashed and Strahd, you are in. I'm sorry about not informing you sooner.

Friday(Today) is the cut-off day for character submissions. I should get home just before midnight tonight; I'll make the final selections then.

... see the boss lady, so I gotta go.

Should get Eluvan in as well, since his character is tied into mine as well!

Dim_darknight

First Post
Players:
Juggernaut
Kajamba Lion
Strahd
unleashed
Eluvan
Torillan

Possible Alternates:
silentspace
Chaos Sword

Immediate character fixes: Tem, Lysienne and Torillan each need a languages list.

I offer my sincere apologies to those that have not been selected. I hope that you watch the game and are willing to step in as an alternate if the opportunity presents itself.

This was by no means an easy decision. With 8 people vying for spots I was tempted to split the pool and run two separate games or just run a large group; unfortunately, neither option works well in a play-by-post environment. I had already confirmed Juggernaut and Kajamba Lion, Strahd and unleashed; most have shown patience and been extremely helpful not only with suggestions to me but also in trying to integrate other players into a group.

Eluvan has linked his* character to Juggernaut’s, so he’s in.
The group - so far - is heavy on magic, not so much on muscle. <silentspace: druid>
I looked over the remaining two sheets several times. I literally debated the issue to myself for over an hour, and it basically came down to board history. <Chaos Sword>

*Quick note: I think everyone currently posting in this thread is a guy; I don’t want to offend any ladies by referring to them in the masculine tense. Sorry, but the bios don’t reveal that much. The only female players that I know, play female characters (all half-orcs). There are several guys that I know that play female characters (all elves).

The plan: Sleep, wake up, eat pancakes, post.
If you want to, start a thread and post your characters in the Rogue’s Gallery. I’ll turn this one to OOC discussion.

Juggernaut

First Post
I started a thread in the Rogues Gallery titled "Dim Darknight's Temple of Elemental Evil PCs" Post your character sheets there please.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
unleashed: I hope I'm not bothering you, but I fear that I am a bit. Basically, Tem's coming out as a lot more aggressive sounding than I mean for him to be. He's a 17 year old kid who's had a bad life — more than anything, he's scared. I'll dial it down a little bit, though, as I'm not trying to be annoying.

Nick

Remove ads